Jump to content

DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lily's Uni journey


LilyElizabeth
 Share

Recommended Posts

New semester - new class.

 

This quarter I'm taking a Math class. It's frustrating, and the questions on the test aren't all covered by the lecture. So, I'm struggling to figure them out. I can't wait for this class to be over! I've given up worrying about my GPA and just hoping to pass this class with a C or better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s the way to look at it. I did that with math and science because I really dislike those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use to tutor math. Depends on what it is I suppose. I can't stand quadratic equations. I know how to do them, just detest them is all. I prefer trig. 

 

Good luck, I know how hard it is to study when you don't like the subject. I am actually thinking of taking some courses. Lily you have inspired me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem is that I can get really comfortable with the material in the textbook, and then they throw something else on the test and in the homework. It's not right and it's frustrating. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Well, I survived the Math class. I was really concerned that I might not pass it, but I did, with a B+. It's my first non-A grade in my whole college career, but I'll take it and be happy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well.... it helped that the teacher graded on a curve and changed a lot of my scores. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/3/2019 at 7:01 AM, LilyElizabeth said:

Well.... it helped that the teacher graded on a curve and changed a lot of my scores. lol

 

Lol math sucks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Krakalakachkn said:

Uni is dope - have a great time!

 

Hey, you can post!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's the first week of Developmental Psych and, like every other class, there is a week and a half's worth of work to do. To top that off, I got my weeks confused and thought this was spring break, so I offered to work more hours. They have scheduled me even more hours than I agreed to. I'll be chatting with them about that today. Meanwhile, I'm just a bit panicked. I know, deep breaths and put one foot in front of the other until it's done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I survived the first week. I did better than survive. So, far, everything that has been graded is 100%, even though I didn't have time to read 2 of the 3 chapters. I'm glad there is an index in the back of the book lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's the beginning of Week 3 and I'm holding my own with an A+ so far. I'm hoping to catch up on the reading a little this week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I'm disappointed. This is the class that I really wanted to take and learn the stuff, and I don't have time to do any reading. I'm watching the lectures and taking the quizzes off of them alone. There is usually one or two questions that weren't covered, so I look them up in the text. It's been working so far. I have an A at this point and I don't see that changing. It'a been a good class and there are only 2 weeks left to go and then summer break! I have so much to do over the break - things I don't have time for now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LilyElizabeth said:

I'm disappointed. This is the class that I really wanted to take and learn the stuff, and I don't have time to do any reading. I'm watching the lectures and taking the quizzes off of them alone. There is usually one or two questions that weren't covered, so I look them up in the text. It's been working so far. I have an A at this point and I don't see that changing. It'a been a good class and there are only 2 weeks left to go and then summer break! I have so much to do over the break - things I don't have time for now. 

 

You can do the reading later if it really interests you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I got an A in Developmental Psych. It was borderline between an A and an A-. She rounded up. I enjoyed that class and would gladly take another from her. Now, a nice long break until August.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:26 AM, LilyElizabeth said:

Well, I got an A in Developmental Psych. It was borderline between an A and an A-. She rounded up. I enjoyed that class and would gladly take another from her. Now, a nice long break until August.

 

Just savor the breaks. It's so nice when you just have to worry about a job and not class too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly have no idea how I am going to manage both school and work next Fall. I'm enjoying and being productive this summer. Saturdays are cleaning days. Sundays are church and just hanging out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best of luck! I went to uni as a mature student (age 30) and loved it it turned my life around 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...