DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[INTRO] Welcome Recruit Kait!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome! the Bandy is a good drink... the Guinfantry, on the other hand, is an Excellent drink!

*hands a guinny to Kait*

Enjoy!

Soon our Glorious MG will be here to give you the most utterly amazing spiel that you've ever heard.... or are likely to again for that matter! Hold on to your socks and any loose bits becaues they are likely to be blown away by it! :D

Light! I get my own welcome thread? o.O That's awesome.

Thanks everyone for welcoming me already and for the drinks; this Org looks like an amazing place to be. I'm all excited, and people are giving me strange looks. Haha.

Welcome Kait! :)

I'm the Senior RLO of the Infantry and Karaj over there is my partner in crime ..... errrrr...... I mean.... my colleague RLO at the Infantry ;)

Bandy isn't too bad, I suppose. That is, if you are not looking for that rush that makes life suddenly worth living and turns a black&white to a colour movie.

*hands the new Recruit a Guinfantry or 10* Now this, on the other hand..... will make your toes curl ;)

During your Recruit time you will visit the three regiments for a week and when you visit the Infantry, Kara and I will be taking care of you *rubs hands while grinning eagerly*.

The Spiel will change your life! Honestly... Drink up those Guinnies, you'll need the extra strength to stand the shere magnificent of The Spiel.

Welcome home, Recruit. :)

It feels like home. Especially being handed all these drinks. Nice to meet you!

It could take me a bit to match people to their names, so I apologize to everyone in advance.

Let's see, something about me. Hm. I started reading WoT in early 2006, because my closest friend in the would wouldn't stop spouting off phrases I couldn't understand and saying things in the middle of our conversations, like "By the Light and my hope of salvation..." I read New Spring and was hooked (I adore Moiraine) and since then I've read through the series twice, but I'm not very focused on the intrigue. I just enjoy watching the plot unfold and seeing the characters grow and react throughout the books.

*rubs hands* ... As for me myself, I'm Asian-Canadian, 18, with an obsession over the spelling of my name k-a-i-t-l-i-n (although now I meet too many people who spell their name the same way; it used to be different!) and a tendency to haunt message boards. I managed one a while ago, and that was a lot of fun. I tend to be slightly on the anal-retentive side of things, so I reallyreally liked getting to make up rules for every forum and topic and making people do inane things. And then the server crashes and I've never recovered.

It was nothing like this Org, though. This is very impressive. How long has tBofRH been around?

*chuckles*

Hey Kait :D well I've already introduced myself in my capacity as Training Officer. But for here, I'll introduce myself as the Captain General of the Infantry. Myst and Kara have said hi already I see, they're my two Regimental Liaison Officers and will be tasking you when you get to The Barracks.

Hope you enjoy your time as a Recruit. Make the most of it and it can be a lot of fun. Be prepared to brawl, drink and laugh a lot.

*hands over a Guiny* (don't listen to my bonded up there, he knows nothing, Bandy just isn't on a par with Guiny) :P

Oh yeah, and when you get time, check out the Org Game at the off site boards. Great way to beat up friends and enemies alike. :wink:

Great to have you with us. Now, take a deep breath before the MG stuns you into the next solar system with the fantastic OFFICIAL SPIEL. :twisted:

I believe the Band as it is now is around 2 years old.

*eyes light up* ... I like this place more and more. Free reign to instigate physical abuse. Ooh. Though I think for now I'll hold off on looking at the Game, or else I'm going to forget all the other things I need to check on DM. I will be sure to take a look when I can, though.

A spiel? *twists head around*

It is nearly 2 years. Our 2nd year anniversary as an ORG is coming up very, very shortly. I'll go and check the exact date!

Anyway, spiel time! Hold on to your hat tightly...or should that be your socks?? Either way, get ready to be wowed!

*official spiel*

Welcome kait! An email explaining important information about the Band is currently sitting in your inbox! Take a read! Also check your PMs too! ;)

Basically, the Band of the Red Hand is the Travel and Music ORG at DM! By signing up for the Band, you have joined the successful Raw Recruit Scheme. By signing up for the off board site, you will be able to experience the whole process to the maximum! The Executive Officer, F Horn of Valere, or I, will assign you to one of the three Regiments (Archers, Cavalry, Infantry) for a week, where you will be given various tasks to perform, hoping that you will get a picture of what time in each Regiment is like. After a week with each Regiment, you will be asked to pick your final choice of a Regiment.

While being a Raw Recruit, there is nothing stopping you from earning points like any other Band member. Points lead to promotion within the Band. Below is a list of possible ways to earn points:

- writing reviews on places to visit/holidays you have been on

- writing reviews on music albums and gigs

- replying to other people's reviews and asking questions

- composing Jak O' the Shadow verses

- getting articles published in our monthly newsletter, The Hornsounder

- monthly roll call in the Band's private boards at DM

- any DM project we may have, which includes our Quote Project (speak to Amavia and Angyl)

- and much much more I cannot think of right now!

If you complete your time as a Raw Recruit within 3 to 4 weeks, you will get a special award (called the Raw Recruit Stripe) which you can add to your siggy as well!

While being a Raw Recruit, you get 3 free strikes. This enables you to break Band Law 3 times without being punished by the Redarms, the Band's own police force. If they see any Law breaking, they will either drag you up for a trial or give you a fun spot fine to do (usually 100 lines of something witty). Channeling is a major no-no in the Band. As is spilling Battle Brew, our beloved drink! Once you have used up your 3 strikes, or join the Band's ranks officially, you will face the full force of Band Law like any other Bander does!

Of course, we are not all about working 24/7, as we do let our hair down now and then! We are famous for our bar brawls, which happen frequently! Expect one soon! We also like jokes, tales, funny pictures - things that will make us laugh!

We also have many games - at DM, which can be found in the stickies, or the new Lottery set up on our new Dicing with Jak O' the Shadows board, which you will see once you sign up for the private boards here at DM. There are also several on the off board site as well! Also, take the lessons to learn our ORG Game, based on the luck of dice! You get the selected weapons of your division, and can fight anyone in the Band! It is currently being revised, but the ideas will all be the same! There are many staff members for the Game who will be willing to help you out.

Once you have signed up for the private boards, you will also be able to participate in our lottery game, which takes place in the Dicing With Jak O' the Shadows board. It is a lot of fun, and your winnings can buy you various goodies!

If I have left anything out (which I expect I have!), do not hesitate to ask questions! Someone will be able to answer them for you!

One last thing...

*hands kait a Marshal-General's Special Battle Brew each*

CARAI AN SHEN AN CALHAR!!!!! 8)

*swoons over the incredible Spiel*

(what? im practicing the swooning thingy!)

Kait, don't worry about anything anal in the Infantry. I got the pérfect cure for that.

*flashes off her shiny cattle prod*

Cures that in no time!!

Welcome to the Band Kait! And yes, please do listen to Horn...Bandy is the drink of your life! I'm Brid, BG of the Cavalry, and I look forward to your week with us...welll, actually just look forward to you joining us! So, you keep your socks from that Official Spiel? Quite a Speil isn't it? Anyways...have a blast, you've decided to join the Best Org on DM!!! (ok, I'm a little biased) *hugs* Welcome again!

*runs in just in time to hear the end of the Spiel*

:shock: :evil: At least I din't miss the whole thing!! :?

Welcome to the Band Kait!!

*hands several more bandies* I see they have been well represented.. and that's good, it is the best drink in the Band! well, I take that back.. MG Brew is the best.

I'll be one of your RLO's for you week in the Cavalry, and will have some fun tasks for you to do! Hope you have lots of fun and I look forward to seeing you in the Yard! :D

This MG Brew is going in my display case. I keep one with me at all times.

Thanks so much, everybody! You guys are really amazing and I'm not just saying that. No idea how to tell most of you apart, but I will work hard at that.

*looks at mystica* ... cattle prod? Oh-oh...

And tell me the truth, MG - that's the same spiel as everyone else gets, isn't it?

Yeah, she is right.

I recall being told as a recruit I'm allowed to get away with things. Was I supposed to go pick up my socks instead? 8) Thought that is a very impressive spiel. All those emails and messages I got upon joining are.

oh I know! Whoever wrote the one sent about the recruit program is just astounding' date=' isn't it? :roll:[/quote']

*laughs* ... very astounding. Blew off my socks and both my eyes.

I can't keep who is in which company straight yet. Hehe. That reminds me. I must check to see if I've been assigned yet.

Archived