DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I really know what I'm even looking for, but there wasn't a whole lot that stood out to me in terms of who mafia definitely isn't.  

I feel comfortable saying Cory isn't mafia.  I think Ben spent a lot of time towards eod trying to make Cory look bad/discredit him, rather than trying to signal him to back off or something.

I would guess BFG isn't mafia, based off Ben's response to her argument about Sooh/me not being teamed.  Ben would know that BFG is correct and would know whether she was making a teammate look good/setting up a potential mislynch, and I don't know that he would try to call out that contradiction?

There was a strong townread of Leyrann that I thought didn't really fit with Leyrann's play.

Gentled Ben, on 18 Sept 2017 - 5:49 PM, said:snapback.png

cory caboose, on 18 Sept 2017 - 5:29 PM, said:snapback.png

U havent stepped out of engaging much that doesnt directly concern you. I dont see any real thinking behind your reads.

What are your three MOST confident reads right now? can be w or v, just what you are most confident in

Clov--has relentlessly game solved and been flexible in his reads without being flimsy about it

Leyrann--has been laser-focused on the game, and while not overly active, has been paying close attention, asking good questions, and drawing logical conclusions from them. I don't see any rational stretches in his thinking to support a push

Cory--has mostly chattered and spent the majority of his game solving pushing me because he thinks my town games have better linear thinking than I have shown in this game, tries to convince others to vote for me using ATE (come on, guise, pleeeease???) rather than laying out a rational case for me being a wolf, ie, lacks the linear thinking he accuses me of.

And that's what I've got as strongest reads--two towns, and an OMGUS vote for being pushed when I dont' think the logic behind it makes any sense, and the pusher did not even answer early questions. The townies thing you have done is pull off of me to tie the trains for awhile, and that could be show, but even still, my wolf read on you is largely contingent on how you've pushed me, so   :unsure:

He's asked some questions and I don't think anything Leyrann has said has struck me as off or wrong, but having him as the second most confident read seems like a reach?  If this was a normal setup, I'd definitely think they're teamed, but I'm not sure based on the kill/recruit aspect? 

There was a similar, smaller comment about LZM.  Maybe I'm just missing something there.

The only person I feel notably different about is maybe I feel slightly less good about Sooh, because he seemed pretty...comfortable?...with her.  Not only in terms of his read but came across with no difficulty interacting with her.

Alright, after my D1 reread, some truths were shown to me.

While I'm still debating on where I want to place everybody on the reads list, I do have my top town reads available.

Nolder and Cory.

Scum reads and the rest shall wait until Day.

Also, I should get rained out of work tomorrow, in which case I'll be able to respond in depth, and like, pull up quotes.

That sure would be nice

Excellent start. I wonder if this could be something. This is one of the reasons that I had an early connection between Ben and Clov.

What's up, everybody? I'm at work, so I can't post a ton, but I'm here, and I'll keep checking in.

Scum post.
Early distancing Clov?

No, deliberately shading him to make him look bad. EZ PZ
But you promised in the QT that you wouldn't bus me right away. :unsure:

So sane cop town reads are now guaranteed, insane cop scum results are guaranteed town <3

Except the Framers are still alive?

Framers make town guilty, so a sane cops guilty result has a 50/50 chance of being correct, but a town result will always be town. An insane cops results are reversed

So sane cop town reads are now guaranteed, insane cop scum results are guaranteed town <3

Framers make town guilty, so a sane cops guilty result has a 50/50 chance of being correct, but a town result will always be town. An insane cops results are reversed

This.

Granted, nobody knows which cop is which, but it should be fairly easy to figure out in a couple days.

Ah, you're right.

dISO Sooh knowledge

Heh, I would be surprised if anyone found me town at this point. It's not really my town game to disappear like that, I know. 

I'll try to stay awake long enough to catch up tonight. There's nothing but a black hole for me between page 28 and EOD.

Ok, starting a reread, not sure how far I'll get lol

I'm still not sure how to analyze the results, mafia didn't know Ben was symp, and I don't have a clue how Ben would have approached the thread in terms of ways to treat teammates :/

Cautious town :unsure: I'm still not sure I understand why you're thinking what you're thinking and ~closed you is harder to read. When you have shared reasons I've understood and agreed, but it bothers me that you needed to be asked (excepting the push on Ben)

I don't think you're out of wolf range yet, but being right helps, there are several people who could have been pushed if you were looking for ~any mislynch