A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NFL Discussion

RandA lThor

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://aaf.com/

Im not sure as to what the functionality is supposed to be. Most of the rosters seem to be filled with guys from the region for the most part. I thought it was perhaps a developmental league but there are guys on teams who have been out of the college ranks for a few years or who flopped in the NFL so maybe it’s a mix of both. I do think having their season during the off season of the NFL is pretty smart. I guess the on-field product will determine the success though. If the games stink because the players are B-league at best then I’m not sure how well it’ll do.

Edited by Andrej

• Community Administrator
6 hours ago, Andrej said:

https://aaf.com/

Im not sure as to what the functionality is supposed to be. Most of the rosters seem to be filled with guys from the region for the most part. I thought it was perhaps a developmental league but there are guys on teams who have been out of the college ranks for a few years or who flopped in the NFL so maybe it’s a mix of both. I do think having their season during the off season of the NFL is pretty smart. I guess the on-field product will determine the success though. If the games stink because the players are B-league at best then I’m not sure how well it’ll do.

Gambling & Fantasy Football connection will ensure it get's viewers. :wink:

4 hours ago, Zanatron said:

Ya it was a 4th rounder...Since Payton, John Elway has whiffed on QBs and Flacco has been below average in like most basuc qbs stats since his SB win.

It's not limited to Elway... since he retired as a player, Denver has consistently had trouble developing anyone at QB, being mediocre at best with both the draft and free agency. They succeeded with Manning because they landed a QB who was already a well-established success.

2 hours ago, Basel Gill said:

Heard an NHL ownee is pledging like 150 or 250 mil to save it.

Fyi...i didnt click or open the link so I'm assuming  that's what its about....lol

Edited by Zanatron

On 2/19/2019 at 3:27 PM, Zanatron said:

Heard an NHL ownee is pledging like 150 or 250 mil to save it.

Fyi...i didnt click or open the link so I'm assuming  that's what its about....lol

It was about that, and the players not getting paid that made the sale necessary. I figure it's a bad start to be unable to pay your players, and ut means that the new ownership is already starting in a financial hole.

The USFL and XFL had great ratings their first week, too. Look how well that went in the long run. 

• Community Administrator
14 hours ago, Basel Gill said:

It was about that, and the players not getting paid that made the sale necessary. I figure it's a bad start to be unable to pay your players, and ut means that the new ownership is already starting in a financial hole.

The USFL and XFL had great ratings their first week, too. Look how well that went in the long run. 

To be fair, 1986/2001 for USFL/XFL are completely different beasts to 2019.

We have how many Sports channels now? 

Youtube?

Netflix?

Amazon? (Which is now streaming sports!)

There are a ton of opportunities for sports fans to watch these games than existed back in '86 or '01... and thus more ways for them to capture revenue than just filling stadium seats.

At this point, why even bother with trying to fill a Stadium?

They can shrink their operating budget, and increase their profit margins, using smaller venues. Take a couple of pages out of the UFC handbook.. Just don't go too overboard on Drama and try to make it WWE.

With the NFL's issue with Politics and losing fans over it now is probably the best time for another competitor to get their foot in the door.

And Vegas just gets another game to bet on.

Edited by SinisterDeath

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Krakalakachkn said:

Browns looking real promising

There's no doubt in my mind, that the Browns have won the offseason. 

I am predicting that they will win 8 games, possibly 9, in the 2019 season.