DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NFL Discussion

RandA lThor

itll be cool to see. If all you mean is TDs and Yards than yea he probably wont match those numbers but if the defense does its job he wont need to. Im more interested in seeing him become more technical, learning more coverage's and being efficient. Im not going to hate the defense until i see it. Im optimistic that it will be an improvement and thats really all we need.  With hardman, hill, watkins, and kelce i think the Offense will be just as lit. 

Check this out if your interested. https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/7/2/20678473/patrick-mahomes-isnt-going-to-regress-in-19-and-we-have-the-proof

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, amegakure said:

itll be cool to see. If all you mean is TDs and Yards than yea he probably wont match those numbers but if the defense does its job he wont need to. Im more interested in seeing him become more technical, learning more coverage's and being efficient. Im not going to hate the defense until i see it. Im optimistic that it will be an improvement and thats really all we need.  With hardman, hill, watkins, and kelce i think the Offense will be just as lit. 

Check this out if your interested. https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/7/2/20678473/patrick-mahomes-isnt-going-to-regress-in-19-and-we-have-the-proof

Is Hill past the shit?

he met with investigators for the nfl but if the chiefs were going to cut him they would have by now. Im expecting a 4-6 week suspension. Which will let mercole hardman get used to being the speedster. its crazy that the slowest reciever on our team is watkins ?  

If there’s a coach who can make it work on offense it’s Andy Reid tbh. I mean, both Hill and Hunt were late round picks and turned into beasts with that offense. That said, it’ll be interesting to see how they fill in with those two guys out.

Honey Badger is an upgrade at safety since Berry couldn’t stay healthy, but having Dee Ford and Houston go will be tough. AFC West is going to be a tough division to get through top to bottom period imo.

Edited by Andrej

Honestly i loved Houstin. Got his jersey and thought Ford did decent work but at those price tags and switching to the 4-3 along with questionable performance and injury concerns. I dont think theyd be a great contribution. Im excited to see clark, jones, nadi, and okafor on the dline and our linebackers actually playing aggressive instead of whatever the hell they had to do in suttons scheme. 

Breeland, fuller are an improvement. I would have preferred a big move for another CB like peterson or getting muphy in the draft but oh well. 

Honey badger and thornhill will be exciting to see playing safety. This defense is def not perfect but it is an improvement and seems young at most positions and if we can go from dead last on D to middle of the pack, thats all mahomes really needs ? 

3 minutes ago, amegakure said:

you really think the raiders and the broncos are a threat? I can see why people are saying the chargers are going to take the west...for the millionth time.. im not convinced, but those two...haha 

You’re sleeping on Denver, bro. That defense is still nasty and *if* Flacco can get in rhythm with that group of young WRs then their offense could be balanced enough to be dangerous.

The Raiders not as much, but division rivals are division rivals. Last year the Chiefs struggled giving up explosive plays and AB is arguably the most explosive WR in the game.

i just have trouble believing in flacco. And they didn't have an answer for mahomes. 

Ab might be a problem but if hes the only problem then its not a problem. Im hopeful on better run protection. Guess only time will tell. Im ready for September. 

Was looking at home games and every single divison game at home is in late november/december. Total BS im not going to KC in the winter. Trying to decide between ravens/colts game.

15 minutes ago, amegakure said:

i just have trouble believing in flacco. And they didn't have an answer for mahomes. 

Ab might be a problem but if hes the only problem then its not a problem. Im hopeful on better run protection. Guess only time will tell. Im ready for September. 

Was looking at home games and every single divison game at home is in late november/december. Total BS im not going to KC in the winter. Trying to decide between ravens/colts game.

Fair enough about Flacco. It’s a big IF

And yeah, Mahones with his first iteration of the left handed throw on that TNF game was absolutely insane. 

i put a link up early that went over some of his more insane plays like throwing around defensive ends on 3rd and long, left hand throws, no looks. Alot of those he came up with on the fly because the coverage was knew and he got beat. He's gonna be so scary when he has tom brady level understanding of defenses... ? considering what he did in the second half of the afc game against belicheks defense.... just damn.

Edited by amegakure

13 hours ago, amegakure said:

Regression only applies to players that have been in the league for awhile and then had an allstar year. Sounds like youre quoting espn. Automatically assuming that mahomes cant be better than he was last year is crazy. I think you'll regret that. Most players are shown to improve their second year. 

I dont need 55 TDs and 5000 yards. I just need clutch plays and the qb who comes back at halftime makes better calls and gets us the win or runs us down the field with a min on the clock. Efficiency and technical skills are going to improve this year, guaranteed.

But hey thats all ill say on the matter. Everyone thought mahomes was a bad pick and hey we went to the afc championship game and dee ford lost us the game. 

I bet he doesn't hit 38 TDs or 4700 yards.  Which don't get me wrong - if you throw for 35 TDs and 4,500 yards, you had one hell of a year.  But if you lose 100 points scored over the course of a season, you're very easily looking at 3+ more losses.

I think it would be straight ignorant to think they finish .500 or below, but I think it's more likely they don't win the division than they repeat as the #1 seed.