A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NFL Discussion

RandA lThor

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

I'm always down for a serious league.  $20 ideally but if people would rather play for $5 or fun then that's fine too.

We did a league last year and it was just for fun.  Ended up being a weird assortment of people including a couple not from DM.  I'd love to get a serious league going with only DM folk...ideally one where Aaron Rodgers isn't the 2nd overall draft pick lol

innocentface.gif 

I took too many qbs thinking i could trade em last year...lol

Im not really a fantasy football guy only played here the last couple years for the most part.  But im learning and its fun.

Like AJ i play in a couple different weekly pick ems in my area and would be down for 1 here too.

5 hours ago, Zanatron said:

I took too many qbs thinking i could trade em last year...lol

Lol I remember halfway through the season wondering where in the world all the QBs went (in an 8 person league) and discovered you had like 7 of them. 

"Im not really a fantasy football guy only played here the last couple years for the most part.  But im learning and its fun"

Yeah dude, it's fun.  People approach it a lot of different ways.

On 6/21/2019 at 10:49 AM, Andrej said:

Darth Hoodie will find ways to run the team despite Brady’s age, that’s the important part. Run game, dump off passes & defense. That’ll be the recipe going forward.

LMAO. I have a picture to show you tomorrow 

On 6/22/2019 at 1:58 PM, Andrej said:

I think I could swing that. Though I may use a different format where instead of one game a week it’s every game, with the winner being whoever picks the most correctly. We’ll keep a running tally.

anyone else want in? @Turin Turambar @Clovdyx @amegakure @The Crusher @Krakalakachkn @Darthe @Cory Caboose @Verbal32 @Barmacral

yes! and i'm down for fantasy football. 

Pick Ems

AJ

Sinister

Krak

Crushdog

Z

Vambram

Amega

Looking good so far. We need to decide on a prize of some sort, more than bragging rights. Like winner gets to pick the avatar everyone else has to wear for a month or something.

13 hours ago, Andrej said:

I stumbled across The League on Hulu last night so I’ve officially started rewatching the series in preparation for owning you losers this year

8 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

giphy.gif

Image result for gattaca gif the league

On 6/21/2019 at 2:41 PM, Andrej said:

Ok so division winner predictions? I know it’s all speculation until the games are actually played, but we gotta talk about SOMETHING until then.

Which teams do you think are the most improved? (Not the Browns) Which teams took a step back?

AFC North: Steelers (no, it's nto the Browns, knock that crap off)

AFC East: Patriots

AFC West: Chargers (your defense sucks, and Mahomes can't save you, KC)

AFC South: Colts.  I guess.

NFC East: Cowboys

NFC South: Saints

NFC West: Someone, I'm sure.  

NFC North: Bears.

Denver most improved.  I dont' know on step back... Redskins?  

On 6/26/2019 at 2:45 AM, Andrej said:

Pick Ems

AJ

Sinister

Krak

Crushdog

Z

Vambram

Amega

Looking good so far. We need to decide on a prize of some sort, more than bragging rights. Like winner gets to pick the avatar everyone else has to wear for a month or something.

In a word, yes.

18 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

AFC North: Steelers (no, it's nto the Browns, knock that crap off)

AFC East: Patriots

AFC West: Chargers (your defense sucks, and Mahomes can't save you, KC)

AFC South: Colts.  I guess.

NFC East: Cowboys

NFC South: Saints

NFC West: Someone, I'm sure.  

NFC North: Bears.

Denver most improved.  I dont' know on step back... Redskins?  

Somewhere inside of me I want this to be Phillip’s year. And then I think how sweet it would be for the New Triplets to vault the Cowboys into the #sixrings club and I want that so much more.

Mahomes is pretty much on his second year so its not impossible to see him improve even more this year. He basically carried the team his 1st year. 

I think its a rush to say the defense still sucks, when we haven't seen anything yet. Really just need to get one more solid starting cb (cough cough patrick peterson) and id say we have a really decent group with some of the free agents competing for depth. Safety position is way more solid than last year which will help. Im really excited to see the dline do work this year. 

I hate to burst bubbles but the chargers are not going to win the west. Id doubt they even win against us once. The flag last year was terrible ?

Regression only applies to players that have been in the league for awhile and then had an allstar year. Sounds like youre quoting espn. Automatically assuming that mahomes cant be better than he was last year is crazy. I think you'll regret that. Most players are shown to improve their second year. 

I dont need 55 TDs and 5000 yards. I just need clutch plays and the qb who comes back at halftime makes better calls and gets us the win or runs us down the field with a min on the clock. Efficiency and technical skills are going to improve this year, guaranteed.

But hey thats all ill say on the matter. Everyone thought mahomes was a bad pick and hey we went to the afc championship game and dee ford lost us the game. 

Edited by amegakure

10 minutes ago, amegakure said:

Regression only applies to players that have been in the league for awhile and then had an allstar year. Sounds like youre quoting espn. Automatically assuming that mahomes cant be better than he was last year is crazy. I think you'll regret that. Most players are shown to improve their second year. 

I dont need 55 TDs and 5000 yards. I just need clutch plays and the qb who comes back at halftime makes better calls and gets us the win or runs us down the field with a min on the clock. Efficiency and technical skills are going to improve this year, guaranteed.

But hey thats all ill say on the matter. Everyone thought mahomes was a bad pick and hey we went to the afc championship game and dee ford lost us the game. 

I'm no hater, I hope Mahomes single-handedly wins it for his team this year.  Or Mayfield.  Or whomever.  Or Tygod.

But hey, it'll be hella impressive if he kills it this year.  I just think he'll regress.  If espn agrees then cool, it'll either look cooler when you're right or average when I'm right, but whatevs, I think he'll regress.