DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NFL Discussion

RandA lThor

I didn't see any recent NFL discussion threads so I thought I'd start one up, anyone here actively following the NFL and all the recent crazy things that just happened?  Zeke suspension, Watkins/Gaines trade, Matthews/Darby trade??

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is that time of year, isn't it?

Not much up on the news, but do like to watch the games.

Got bits of tonight's pre-season game.

Yup yup, preseason games have been nice, the Niners was a weird one, we had a lot of negative signs, but a lot of positive ones too, very bipolar team, especially with our depth.

watkins trade was a travesty lolbills

Idk if I agree.  They went from Watkins to Matthews (unluckily he's now injured to lol), from Darby to EJ Gaines, another slight down grade, but for two slight downgrades, they picked up a 2nd and a 3rd and only gave away a 6th.  Great for rebuilding reasons.

The Mathews trade (which was ok) doesn't effect the logistics of the Watkins deal. Dealing him for Gaines & moving from the sixth to second is not good compensation for Watkins. If the Bills wanted to tank, they probably shouldn't have paid Tyrod Taylor 30 million this offseason.

I understand acquiring picks is a need for them, but Watkins was a 24 year old wideout with top 5 ceiling. Even with his injury history over the last two years, he was a much more valuable commodity. They sold way too low.

The Mathews trade (which was ok) doesn't effect the logistics of the Watkins deal. Dealing him for Gaines & moving from the sixth to second is not good compensation for Watkins. If the Bills wanted to tank, they probably shouldn't have paid Tyrod Taylor 30 million this offseason.

I understand acquiring picks is a need for them, but Watkins was a 24 year old wideout with top 5 ceiling. Even with his injury history over the last two years, he was a much more valuable commodity. They sold way too low.

That's fair, only reason I think they'd do that is if they knew Watkins had no desire to resign for the Bills.

watkins trade was a travesty lolbills

Idk if I agree.  They went from Watkins to Matthews (unluckily he's now injured to lol), from Darby to EJ Gaines, another slight down grade, but for two slight downgrades, they picked up a 2nd and a 3rd and only gave away a 6th.  Great for rebuilding reasons.

That's how I took it. I figure they're conceding the season, gathering draft picks, changing the locker room culture, and making cap space. 

Oh hey

Is there going to be a DM fantasy football league?

I forgot to sign up for my usual league two years in a row now because I never check that email account anymore.  They usually don't draft until the last minute so I'll hop in that if not, would rather play with people I have talked to on a semi-regular basis since 2004.

I'm down as long as its not on ESPN haha, even though I love the site's fantasy football.

Also your guy's thoughts on the rookie QBs?  I really like Kizer and Trubisky, thought Watson was meh, and don't expect much from Mahomes this year tbh.

I also enter every season completely uninformed and my draft picks will suck and you're guaranteed to beat me in the first three match-ups before I start analyzing stats to nab all the free agents who will rock the house after early season injuries play out.

My problem is that I look at the people I think will develop and pick them  but frequently don't pull the trigger on starting my hunches and then go "how could I have left those 25 points on my bench. Curse you Ingram!!!" Also picking AP in the first last year didn't help any.

does Yahoo make you draft an entire team? Meaning a Defense and a Kicker?  

My problem is that I look at the people I think will develop and pick them  but frequently don't pull the trigger on starting my hunches and then go "how could I have left those 25 points on my bench. Curse you Ingram!!!" Also picking AP in the first last year didn't help any.

does Yahoo make you draft an entire team? Meaning a Defense and a Kicker?  

I think so? Not entirely sure though.

And lol, I have that problem all the time.

How do u fantasy

I usually start by picturing myself as fantastically wealthy, perhaps after winning the Powerball, as at this point in my life, that's the only way I'm gonna get the girls I fantasize about into my life in the proper roles. Then I picture an exotic location, like the deck of my yacht in the Mediterranean. The music is playing, the girls are drunk and dancing, one saunters over to me where I relax on the lounge. Her friend joins her, and they...