DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I'm wrong more often than not. However, I usually have one right read. Not so this game

Well if it's any consolation, neither have the rest of us! Well, Townies at least. I'm flummoxed. Going to have to do a proper reread now and start from scratch.

Any thoughts after your re-read Elgee?

I supppse now that our most active player is gone we won't be getting much in the way of activity.

I am still inclined to go with my first read but Id like to hear more from people this day phase.

LZM, what are you thinking? You've been active. I think we'll find our scum team among those who are still inactive/lurking.

• RP - LEGACY

Well, folks, hope everyone is doing well. So, anyone have any ideas?

If I agree with what Thea said about suspicion laying on the lurkers, then I am concerned about Devil. I get that real life takes priority, but it seems that everyone has at least made their presence known, except for Devil. Hoping all is well.

But Devil's absence is suspicious to me. Mafia content to sit back and watch? Town reluctant to get involved? I know I am new to the game, but I am trying to learn the ends and outs.

What does anyone else have to say?

ok. So we're at 24 hours until deadline.

Dar Jen, LYLO stands for "lynch or lose". It basically means if we don't get mafia today, they win.

Apologies for missing the last vote deadline, by the way. I was out late Tuesday night and had misread the hammer game rules. 

looking at who's left in the game, then:

Lessa: I waffle here. Some of her posts have been funny, I guess. 

Elgee: Again, a little lurky, and I don't really feel she's contributed much overall to the game. 

Rhea: I've overall liked her well reasoned posts in this game. She seems like she is thinking for herself, and not just following a team. 

Devil: DO NOT like the lurkiness. Also feel like a few of his posts have been a little off, but I could be making that up

LZM: Can't vote today. If he's scum, the other two are definitely lurking. But he at least seems genuinely flummoxed about Turin's flip. Want to hear some thoughts post reread. 

Dar Jen: I still think Town and new. On the other hand, being a newb is a perfect defense, and if I was leading a scum team, I would have her emphasize this to avoid suspicion. 

Charis: Like, SUPER town. TTT

So: All players, in order from most scummy to least (in my admittedly inexperienced opinion):

Devil

LZM (pending thoughts post reread)

Elgee

Lessa

Dar Jen 

Rhea

Charis

Well...we are going to the zoo today. Then we have more family coming to my mom's for dinner. I am going to be busy but I will have time to check in. I'd like to vote before we leave but since I can't change it I'll wait a little longer.

To quote myself:

Let me start off by saying that since I don't play Mafia, I don't know for sure who the experienced Mafia players in this group are, except for Verb. I believe Turin is too, and I think someone mentioned that so is LZM.

Next, my thoughts and decisions are based off perceptions, as I have a shockingly bad memory and don't have the time to keep rereading all the posts here. Some things stick in my mind, and then I run with that.

To recap shortly what my perception has been so far: LZM picked the Slytherin door, and immediately got jumped on by Dar & Turin, who accused him of being Mafia because of that. That just seemed so incredibly prejudiced to me, which is not something Dar usually is, that it led me to believe they are Mafia. I turned out to be completely wrong about Dar. More later.

Lessa: I believe her to be Town, as her posts seem genuine to me.

Elgee: Town, but don't take my word for it :P

Rhea: hmmm ... for some reason she gives me a Mafia buzz. I honestly can't pin down why, but she and Charis both give me that feeling. It's like their posts are overly carefully thought out and written. On the other hand, neither are overly experienced players so that could just be them trying to play the game properly.

Devil: I don't know this person (hi!) but I don't think that they're Mafia - seems to be getting too many facts wrong!

LZM: I may be completely basing my belief on a knee-jerk reaction about the Slytherin/Mafia accusation, but I'll still go ahead and stick my neck out and say he's Town

Dar'Jen: completely inexperienced and judging from her behaviour as a Newbie WT member, she seems "genuine". I honestly don't think she would have the confidence (here) to pull off being Mafia - I think she's just posting as she is, because of who she genuinely is. Not sure if I'm expressing myself properly there? Basically she's too noob to act this innocent, if she wasn't.

Charis: same as I said about Rhea.

Verbal: Scum! lol ... as probably the most experience Mafia player here, along with Turin, I am most suspicious of him because he would be most adept at hiding it if he was Mafia.

Turin: basically what I said about Verbal above.

Verbal & Turin: as said above, I'm most suspicious of them. They're either both Mafia, and playing an excellent game of "lets make it look like we're fighting", or 1 of them is Mafia and the other Town. So either Turin is "whiteknighting", judging by his interplay with Dar, or he's Mafia. It's honestly totally 50/50 for me on the both of them, but if I had to go by my gut-feeling, I'd say Turin is Town and Verb is Mafia. By a sliver.

So, my picks for Mafia are Verbal, Rhea and Charis. Verb would be the most dangerous player by far, of those 3, so:

Vote: Verbal

So, as I agreed with LZM earlier, I've just been wrong the whole time. And now we've managed to lose the 2 most experienced players, who both turned out to be Town. I don't know if I should blame us, or them, for not defending themselves better!

So looking at the above, I thought the following (still alive) people might be

a) Mafia: Rhea and Charis.

b) Town: Lessa, Devil, LZM, DJ

Now if I've been wrong this whole time, maybe I should flip that? I quite honestly don't know.

How long till deadline? I'm finding it really hard to work that out. I'm getting stupid.

I'm worried that if I don't get a vote in now, it might be too late before I can log on again.

LZM says he's suspicious of Lessa. LZM, can you give any reasons why you think that? Right now you're actually at the top of my scum list, btw, purely because I've been thinking that everyone who's targeting you, is Mafia. They're gone, you're still here ...

Ok here goes - I'm going to put a vote out there, and see if I can get back here in time before deadline to change it if someone posts something that changes my mind.

Vote: LZM

Ok then...I don't especially agree with Elgee, but now that she's voted there's nothing that can be done about that. You can't come back and change it dear. We are LYLO.

Anyone else want to chime in? I'm pretty sure if we vote LZM today we lose. We=town.