DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

False equivalence. The character claim is meaningless and can't be verified until that player dies.

The claim Dar made of a item that could help town was verifiable (unfortunately I misunderstood the dynamics of the role). Holding that vote on her in effect denying town that opportunity is anti town. To say otherwise is at best wrong and most likely mafia behavior.

Once it was clear it could help town. Not as easy to see as a 1x cop claim. It should have at least created some doubt that was a wise place to vote.

That is my opinion at least.

In my experience it is mafia behavior to ask people to what their ability is. As I said before, I think it is the equivalent of asking for people to post their role ie: Cop, Doc, etc...thus putting a target on their back. In which case I think Dar did that by telling everyone what her chest item got her and even though she wanted to help it got her killed. The mechanics of the ability would not have been in question either had she not been open with that information. Which leads me back to Turin asking people to reveal what they got. If I remember correctly he is the one who started asking for people to say what was in their chests to start with. While he kept claiming to be unwilling to vote Dar he is probably the one who got her killed. 

There are so many layers to this game.

In essence, what you are saying is that since the chest Daruya had could help town, and was verifiable as helping town, then a vote against Daruya was a vote against town?

There are many layers. You are at least right about that!

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am leaving town now. I will be unavailable until we get to our hotel tonight. I am not sure exactly when that will be as my family would like to go out to eat when we get there too. 

At this point I am going to [v]Turin[/v] for reasons above. I know this now a hammer game. I will do my very best to get back online before that happens. 

I can see that it could look like white knighting or extreme buddying. I made the call that based on my knowledge of Dar the person and the way her posts were "meh" to use your word that she was town and the problem was based on her being possibly the biggest potterhead in the entire WT. Additionally the lack of any sort of counter train reinforced that opinion as did the fact the person I most thought mafia(LZM) was the one most pushing it.

I always respond to people when I have time. Annoyed? Frustrated? I would say that is in your perception which is coloured by your pre existing expectation. Aka confirmation bias.

I find it humorous that people were trying to use my defense of her as a mark against her and that the only way I would be doing that is if we were teammates(turns out we are). Now that she flipped town, all previous stances are thrown out the window and and my defense can only be evidence of my guilt. The lack of consistent thought is mind boggling.

Since it looks like a bunch of people want to lynch me I'm gonna try to help you get a head start on your thinking for tomorrow since you won't be able to talk about it during the night.

If I get lynched, I will flip town. I used the 1x doc I got. Most likely a town dies tonight. It is now lylo

Question: Who do you suspect most?

Since it looks like a bunch of people want to lynch me I'm gonna try to help you get a head start on your thinking for tomorrow since you won't be able to talk about it during the night.

If I get lynched, I will flip town. I used the 1x doc I got. Most likely a town dies tonight. It is now lylo

You

I can see that it could look like white knighting or extreme buddying. I made the call that based on my knowledge of Dar the person and the way her posts were "meh" to use your word that she was town and the problem was based on her being possibly the biggest potterhead in the entire WT. Additionally the lack of any sort of counter train reinforced that opinion as did the fact the person I most thought mafia(LZM) was the one most pushing it.

I always respond to people when I have time. Annoyed? Frustrated? I would say that is in your perception which is coloured by your pre existing expectation. Aka confirmation bias.

I find it humorous that people were trying to use my defense of her as a mark against her and that the only way I would be doing that is if we were teammates(turns out we are). Now that she flipped town, all previous stances are thrown out the window and and my defense can only be evidence of my guilt. The lack of consistent thought is mind boggling.

Not really confirmation bias when I've seen it over hundreds of mafia games, though.

Previous stances out the window?  Like which ones?  How is inconsistent thought occurring.  Show me.

You
read the entire question please.

It clearly states after I get lynched today, flip town, someone else dies tonight and it is lylo, who do YOU suspect then?

Verb, does that sound like annoyance or frustration?

Not really confirmation bias when I've seen it over hundreds of mafia games, though.

Previous stances out the window? Like which ones? How is inconsistent thought occurring. Show me.

ISO devil. Yesterday near end of day se said if Dar flipped mafia he thought it made me guilty And if She flipped town he was most likely voting LZM. Today comes about and LZM is still not "very scummy" and I must be mafia whie knighting Dar.

That I have to do your #werk for you is both annoying and frustrating.

Would you care to answer my question about what you do tomorrow at lylo after you see me flip town and someone else dying during the night?