DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliché Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN)

Leyrann

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the majority lynch is looking like on me I will claim. It is not sinister. I just did not want to make my self a target for no reason. If the town really feels its best if I do though I will. So there is that. But town is not just you. I would want to hear from Shad on that as well.

But I do agree on looking close at Marsh. He seems like a good player and gd mafia team is on fire. There has to be a reason.

Also we have to figure if the second kill is a vigilante or a serial killer...

I think you have me pegged wrong. I'm a poor player who's gotten good at imitating the excellent players I hang around with.

If you're going to claim, for heaven's sake don't wait till the last hour of the phase.

Bolded. Not good. Not quite a deflection, but a oh no, don't look at me cuz I'm not as talented as you guys. Really useful in avoidance

And also trying to push a role reveal. Something I quoted Turin doing that vanished with the rest of it.

I'm not sold on Marsh either.

My play style hasn't been the best town game I can muster, but he seems to see no problem with me.

A little too much trust in one whose alignment you should not know.

I'm not scum reading you therefore I'm scum...? Wut

If one of those kills was a vig please own up to it so we can figure out what's going on

Wait no if we have a vig they should not claim. Even if mafia doesn't nk them, mafia could have a role blocker.
Oh yeah. Forgot this is kitchen sink. Good point

If the majority lynch is looking like on me I will claim. It is not sinister. I just did not want to make my self a target for no reason. If the town really feels its best if I do though I will. So there is that. But town is not just you. I would want to hear from Shad on that as well.

But I do agree on looking close at Marsh. He seems like a good player and gd mafia team is on fire. There has to be a reason.

Also we have to figure if the second kill is a vigilante or a serial killer...

I think you have me pegged wrong. I'm a poor player who's gotten good at imitating the excellent players I hang around with.

If you're going to claim, for heaven's sake don't wait till the last hour of the phase.

Bolded. Not good. Not quite a deflection, but a oh no, don't look at me cuz I'm not as talented as you guys. Really useful in avoidance

And also trying to push a role reveal. Something I quoted Turin doing that vanished with the rest of it.

Does your play style always change overnight? You seem like an entirely different player today

I didn't say you were scum. Yet.

My thought process.....

The Killa/Zep confrontation is a perfect opportunity to stay behind the scenes. You don't wanna embroil yourself into it, but Zep doing a pretty good job of making people think he's scum. If I (you) put Zep on my town list, I'll be looking pro town.

It's a thought. I could be wrong.

I'm more worried about Turin and Killa

Btw, an important part of my case on Turin that vanished was my reveal.

I'm the Watcher. I can see who targets someone. I wanted to see who targeted our "top townie" last night, and no one did. Make of that what you will.

I'm the Watcher. I can see who targets someone. I wanted to see who targeted our "top townie" last night, and no one did. Make of that what you will.

Shad was top townie in my opinion, and he got shot. Doc was already dead. We haven't got a clue what other roles exist. Mine doesn't have a night action and is pretty weak anyway.

And in my experience watchers are usually mafia

I didn't say you were scum. Yet.

My thought process.....

The Killa/Zep confrontation is a perfect opportunity to stay behind the scenes. You don't wanna embroil yourself into it, but Zep doing a pretty good job of making people think he's scum. If I (you) put Zep on my town list, I'll be looking pro town.

It's a thought. I could be wrong.

I'm more worried about Turin and Killa

Well, I can't deny that's good logic.

The real reason is that I was crunched for time and ignored everyone but the two people who were pinging me.

Shad was top townie in my opinion, and he got shot. Doc was already dead. We haven't got a clue what other roles exist. Mine doesn't have a night action and is pretty weak anyway.

In my experience that's a deflection. And a godfather, recruiter, role blocker, yes. Watcher, no. It's a dumbed down version of cop.

In my experience that's a deflection. And a godfather, recruiter, role blocker, yes. Watcher, no. It's a dumbed down version of cop.

Three or four games ago I was a mafia watcher. It netted us the cop early and made our lives easy

LZM why did you claim?

It explained it in my half missing case.

Turin was of the popular opinion of top townie. I went along with it. I figure, hey, either he's town and scum will nk him, or he's scum and won't be targeted at all. Not much grey room but my brain don't work that way anyway.

So I viewed him, and no one targeted him. I've been playing controversial and he has been on me like white on rice all game.

Act 2: Killa is scum mate and I've been hard on her all game. Shad votes Zep and Shad is the nk. Perfect opportunity to throw doubt Zep away and try for him being the next lynch.

2+2 equals Turins A LLL

We are all roled. We've lost the two most important roles for town that I know of.

I'm not asking for others to reveal. I don't want them too.

What I do want is pressure on Turin cuz he is scum.

Ergo, my reveal (hopefully) will help with lynching him

LZM why did you claim?

It explained it in my half missing case.

Turin was of the popular opinion of top townie. I went along with it. I figure, hey, either he's town and scum will nk him, or he's scum and won't be targeted at all. Not much grey room but my brain don't work that way anyway.

So I viewed him, and no one targeted him. I've been playing controversial and he has been on me like white on rice all game.

Act 2: Killa is scum mate and I've been hard on her all game. Shad votes Zep and Shad is the nk. Perfect opportunity to throw doubt Zep away and try for him being the next lynch.

2+2 equals Turins A LLL

This is called pushing a narrative and is something that I do sometimes. Mostly when I am mafia. Sometimes when town and in a bit of a tunnel.

The bold sets the false conditions: Since I was being town read by many I was a shoe in to be killed on N1. This is inherently false. Mafia will kill who they want to. for whatever reasons they decide is important. They might have been cop hunting. They might have thought Shad was more on the correct path or would get there better than I would. I do tend to get distracted. I can get into a tunnel. the point is it isn't black or white and you saying that if I wasn't killed then it must mean I'm mafia is not logical.

The italics are your information. It might be correct. in might not. Lets say it is. all it means is I wasn't targeted last night. I am a bit surprised tbh as I can be a bit of a night action magnet.

The underlined is irrevelant. You really want to say that because I was suspicious of you when you were self admittedly playing "controversially" that makes ME mafia? Sorry but try again.

Finally the BIG RED SMOKING GUN: hOW DO YOU KNOW THAT SHAD WAS THE MAFIA KILL???

Thanks for playing :smile:

I revealed to release my thought process on why Turin is scum.

I legitimately do not see the relevance of your reveal to your thought process.

I didn't let on to my suspicion of Turin last night because I thought if he was town scum would kill him and clear the slot for me.  Good.  That's a smart way to play night phases and if you're town cheers.  And by the way I know scum didn't kill him because hard claim really valuable town role is what I'm getting from the rest of it though and I can't make sense of it.

What's the added value that your claim adds to the situation vs the added value of you living to possibly catch a wolf N2?  Did you weigh that?