Jump to content

DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HeavyHalfMoonBlade

RP - PLAYER
  • Posts

    5282
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HeavyHalfMoonBlade

  1. I agree. It just felt to me a lot of the story was really for the long haul - the Black Tower for instance seemed to need years and years to be functional. The schools Rand was setting up - seem a little pointless if it is only five minutes before the apocalypse. A lot of things just seemed to be panning out over the long term, processes of evolution rather than quick stop gaps (this could be me entirely reading it wrong), and then suddenly someone looks up at the skies and says, "Ooh, look at those clouds, we'll be having a Tarmon Gai'don in about two weeks." Caught me entirely off-guard, though possibly was entirely meant to be the effect, or I was just getting too comfortable in my cosy little soap opera about the EF5 and did not want it to end. Obviously it did have to end eventually, regardless of the author or their health. Just such a shame though that will always be such a "what if"...
  2. Yup, absolutely, lol. As I said, no one has any subjective opinions that they are unwilling to bend on. I see you caught the vibe immediately. Read the books? What a novel idea. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the show. I cannot say I really agree on much of it, especially not your unhappiness with casting. Especially especially your disappointment with the attractiveness of the female cast and your disappointment with the Chosen. But there is always going to be issues when our visual head canon meets a live action adaptation. But it is undoubtedly a shame that so many fans of the book did not like the show.
  3. It is totally chill. No one holds any sort of strong opinions that they are unwilling to bend at all, lol. Just all a bunch of pussy cats 😹
  4. Welcome, Lanfeared 😁 Always great to meet another fan 🙂
  5. Also I would say it was clearly in the notes. The detailed story about what happened with the Finns to Lanfear and Moiraine. The subplot of Thom and Moiraine (though this Jordan never seemed to flesh out much, along with the letter and I'll tell you who killed your nephew lines, perhaps Jordan would have changed this, but Sanderson could hardly ignore such a big point in the notes). I agree it does seem a bit abrupt but also that it was rather inevitable. Maybe it should have happened earlier so she had more chance to critical in story? I dunno. For me, alot of the ending feels rushed and possibly this is just down to the story's exponential growth being brutally reined in so that it wouldn't go on for another 14 books.
×
×
  • Create New...