DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

So you think there's a possibility of us being w/w Im assuming?

What are your reads of both him and I currently and independently of each other?

I think that if you're town, RTE made the most opportunistic hop onto your wagon. Dude had almost no involvement in the game but he was ready to pile on a vote on the lone train. His answer to my question was evasive.  I think if you're scum, the exact same concerns hold and he's probably bussing.  So basically RTE looks bad for his approach to you regardless of your alignment.

As for you, the whole Neighbors issue and your wtl on Turin sketches me out.  For real.  I can't get to where your head was at with all that if you're town.  But I've found myself agreeing with you a good bit on other topics, and I think that's probably more indicative at the end of the day.  Your post a few ago on Hallia was another case where what you said jived a decent bit with what I was thinking.  I kind of want to just block the whole Neighbors issue out of my head for a phase or two and see what happens at this point.  I think I'd have you pretty high on my town charts in the absence of it.  There's more than one scum in this game.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really wanna see a reads list from you brother.

Off the cuff not thinking too hard about this

Tsuki*

Turin*

Eldrick

Laine

Zander

Hallia

Reyoru

Lenlo -- I keep forgetting you're in this game dude, and I know you've been active.  I dunno if you're flying super under the radar or if it's just me.  Need to ISO but the fact that you haven't pinged me in the slightest is probably a good sign.

Dice

Niniel

BFG

RTE

Consider the order fairly interchangeable in each of those groups.

I agree on RTE, Shad. What has he done since that vote? Anything of use?

He expressed some disbelief that town!Zander wouldn't think Turin is realistically lynchable today. A bit of a stretch given the thread state. Doesn't like that Zander isn't self-preservation voting, but it was days from lylo. Reads without much explanation on everyone else except for defending Rey and sussing Dice's backing away from the commitment to lynching between Zander and Turin.

The Dice thing really puzzled me--not that I think Dice looks particularly hot in this game, but RTE's reasons make no sense.  He's sort of accusing Dice of knowing they're v/v trains while still insisting Zander is scum.  It doesn't feel internally consistent.  I tried to prod at him a bit on the topic and all I got was this:

Why do you think scum!Dice would be more likely to protest a lynch on Turin/Zander if they're v/v, under the circumstances?

It would be easily be the best move for scum!anyone IMO

#1043 Zander don't use CCSoHW on d1. Save that for later.

#1046 I like some of the points Turin makes irt Eldrick here. One thing I would bring up about Dice though is the "Zander or wolves. or both" part. I COULD see this being said as town, Dice joking with Zander that he's going to lynch him out of the game, friendly banter. As town I could see the separation, because would it sound any better saying "lynch Zander, he's a wolf"? Just a thought on that subject.

Your points on Eldrick are good, I want to look over them more in detail later and if someone has confirmation on some of the points that relate to other games, that would be helpful too (looks at BFG/Shad).

#1047 Dice tree stump is interesting. >_>

>_>
>_>

#1053 comes off forced from Eldrick

Skimmed pg 55 because I don't care to read anymore of Turin/Zander. Get a room and just punch it out. Oh look! You have a QT! omg

#1101 Turin the problem with RTE is that it's SO CONCENSUS that it's gross. He's bringing nothing new to the table and then he just flops a vote on Zander like everyone else is doing. By far the worst vote of the day. #1104 Eldrick agrees (y)

#1115 Hally I guess that's okay. I think I need to start taking a harder look at Eldrick's posts though, a few of them since I mentioned his ease of agreeing have jumped out at me.

Lenlo's last few posts since Dice's claim have been different. Not good different either.

RTE and Rey are the ones being pushed by You and Dice and Shad. I think Eldrick has expressed an interest in going there also even tho he is currently voting Dice.

It will take along long time for your answers then. Maybe just post the ones that are immediately coming to your mind? And we can go from there?

:huh:

When did I push Rey?

Official Vote Count - Day 1

Zander (4/7): Turin, Rey, RTE, Niniel

Rey (1/7): Dice

RTE (3/7): Zander, Shad, Hallia

Dice (3/7): Lenlo, Eldrick, Alanna

Not voting (2): BFG, Tsuki

With 13 alive it takes 7 to achieve a majority Lynch.

Day 1 deadline is set for Wednesday 14 April @ 9 PM BST

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

Just under 27 hours to go.

RTE and Rey are the ones being pushed by You and Dice and Shad. I think Eldrick has expressed an interest in going there also even tho he is currently voting Dice.

It will take along long time for your answers then. Maybe just post the ones that are immediately coming to your mind? And we can go from there?

:huh:

When did I push Rey?

You been on RTE.

Here. I have only read the new posts a little here and there so I will re-read and see what I want to comment on. 

Just a question before that. I have not played with a tree stump for a long time. How does it work? If Dice claim is true and he really is a tree stump - can he vote until he dies? And then he can talk but not vote? In my memory I thought that when you declared yourself tree stump you lost your vote. 

Ok caught up.

Two things strike me the most.

First Dice changing from we need to resolve Turin and Zander today to moving off both of them entirely. I believe Turin is town. If Zander was to flip town I would take a hard look at Dice next (and that answers your question about that that you've asked everyone).

Second, nothing Zander has done has given me reason to think he's town. His insistence to discredit QT content is just plain and simply not a town stance. He's been defensive more than reasonable. Finally I just don't understand him moving off Turin, regardless if it's to me or not. I don't buy that he's doing it because he doesn't see a Turin lynch happening when most of the rest of the game is trying to resolve their roles and alignment. How he doesn't see Turin as a viable lynch is beyond me, and especially if he is so adamant that he is scum, with extra information to go on based on a QT as well. That he attempts to start a new train entirely when his reasoning is that the Turin lynch won't happen and he ll do anything to stay alive doesn't make sense either. Then you'd think he'd have placed his vote on the second largest train, assuming he is a townie who would rather risk anyone else dying but himself. So to me he isn't doing what would make the most sense to save himself, when IIRC that was his reasoning for moving off Turin.

Lenlo has been posting well and I agree with most of what he's said. He's solid town for me right now. Dice is still null but definite scum lean for his stepping out of the Turin Zander voting. Hallia's posts don't look out of place and I had John as my strongest town read. Townie vibes for eldrick and shad. One thing I'm not following is the case on Rey. I'd like to see some new stuff from him but liked his past posts. I guess I had a really good feel about the tone of his posts but perhaps that in itself isn't enough at this point. That being said I'm not one to comment on contributing at this point. :wink:

Why do you think scum!Dice would be more likely to protest a lynch on Turin/Zander if they're v/v, under the circumstances?

It would be easily be the best move for scum!anyone IMO

I don´t understand why. Can you explain?

# 966 I agree with Laine that Rey is trending down. I didn´t have him very high from the start either but it doesn´t feel like has done much at all after the "one of four is mafia" talk. 

But I don´t agree with Laine about Zander. Or at least I don´t understand her point of view. I know that they know each other well but I just think she is wrong about him in this game. 

The same goes for BFG´s defense of Zander. 

I don´t like any of these votes. First she is just taking something that Laine said and voted Eldrick. No other reason. It felt random. 

Mmmm.  I'm wondering on Eldrick now, Laine raises a good point.  You seem awfully easily swayed.

You really think Zan/Turin is v/v?

Also:  I don't know exactly. They haven't been scummy. They've just been meh.

~~~~This response is not great.  You dodged an answer here I think.  Which one has been meh?  Can you be more specific?

Unvote

Vote: Eldrick

And some people quoestioned her vote and then she made an "easy vote". When I say easy I mean that she is voting RTE for inactivity alone. She doesn´t have any more reasons. Will she unvote if he shows up? 

[unvote]
I liked Eldricks posts overnight.

Zander - I didn't say I thought you couldn't be v/v - I was asking him.

[v] RTE [/v] need moar from here.

Hally is trending down on my list. (Which I will post soon.)

I disagree about the connecting part. Its not that someone always can but theres usually stuff that does.

So what will my Town flip tell you?

Focusing on only one person is something you consider Towny behavior?

I'll not speculate on that yet.

It's not that I chose to pick you and leave everyone else. It's just that I feel that the case against you is good so I'm sticking to it.

Why wont you speculate on it?

No one else is scummy to you?

Its like your not allowing for the fact that you could be wrong.  Or looking back and re evaluating your read at all.

Just like I think you should have sticked with Turin if you knew he was lying.

Ive explained this already.

No one was biting, everyone has Turin as Town, there was no competing train atp.  I still think Turin may be Scum but the only thing were not in agreeing about his who had Dice as Scum first.  Like I dont understand why that part itself is such a hang up for everybody.  Also theres more then one Scum in the game. 

First, let me tell you how I work. When I´m in a new city I have no sense of direction. I lived in a town where I went to two buildings from different directions and didn´t understand that they were very near each other for a long while. But if I first see a place on a map, then it´s different. Then I have a view from above and can direct using it. Then I remember where things are in relation to each other. That´s the same when I play mafia. I don´t like to talk much irt because then I get lost in the details. I need to read and take notes to see the big picture (and hopefully find something there). On day one I don´t have anything like a map because nothing is sure. I can´t say "if x is mafia then y is town" etc. But I can start to look for that when I have some results from lynch or na results. Okay, that is a long way of telling that I don´t like this long d1. I will not get any wiser by more posts. I will hopefully be wiser with some flips.

I´m never totally sure on my reads. I always doubt myself. Sometimes I feel more confident though (sometimes I´m wrong and sometimes I´m not). The situation with you reminds me of the first game that I played with Sili here. I found something (don´t remember what) that I found wrong and then I focused on him all day 1. I´m not sure if he got lynched d1 or not but he was mafia. I feel very strong that you are mafia. 

That said, I will post a new list soon when I´m done. :)

#1043 I´m so happy that I´m not in the bottom of the post count for once. 

#1046 Turin: I don´t get how you can connect Eld-Shad-Dice. I have read your post but I don´t understand it. 

It has been some time since I took notes so I wouldn´t mind if everyone that is suspicious of Dice could give me a short explanation why. 

And about the tree stump. Right now I don´t have a good read on Dice. I have to see what I think of him before I consider voting him at all. I get why it´s good to confirm him, if he is town, but if I understood him correct we would loose a vote. So I guess what I´m trying to say is to treat him like everyone else - vote him if you are suspicious of him and if you´re not then don´t vote him. 

New list

Niniel

Turin

Eld

Laine

Tsuki

RTE

Dice

Shad

Lenlo

BFG

Rey

Hallia

Zander

RTE, Dice, Shad, Lenlo and BFG ends up in the middle because of different reasons. I can´t remember much from Lenlo. I remember the early stuff from Dice and remember his vote on Rey but not much else. Shad had some good posts about Zander and Turin but I can´t remember much after that. RTE is there because he hasn´t posted much and the same goes for BFG. I usually understand BFG´s posts and think they are good and clear but I don´t get that from her here. Not a mafia read but not a town read either. 

If there's one thing I've learnt re-reading up till this point, its that Zander can talk the hind legs off a donkey. Talk about walls of indecipherable, meaningless text. 

RTE's drop in Vote on the only Train, non existent thread presence and general consensus read's list pinged me badly,

With that being said, I firmly agree with Zander on this as a summary of RTE's presence this game. RTE doesn't present well as town currently. 

I actually doubt Tsuki is the cop but I think him claiming it in this place is more likely to come from town!Tsuki than Mafia!Tsuki. So there is that. 

BFG asked why everyone seemed to fall on my side of the argument. My opinion is that frankly my stance makes a heck of a lot more sense than what you have said and done. You say that most of your "errors" (or my misunderstandings) are due to your unfamiliarity with the role. If you don't know you can ask the MOD. I know that she will try to help you understand your role if you are confused.  

The first is an interesting point, and it'll be interesting to see what more comes out of Tsuki, who has been quiet of late. I didn't like how he came across initially, and called him on it, but we shall see what (if anything) comes up in his viewings. 

Firmly agree with Turin that Zander's method of handling the QT is illogical and not consistent with town play. 

ok so im sick of this

Hardclaim  Slimer Town Treestump

Lol. I'll believe this when I've lynched you dead and you refuse to die. I don't buy it.

i dont know the movie well enuff to speculate on ghosts

i know slimer  id automatically  take marshmellow as scum but i dont know the others

as for believing me we are NOT lynching me just to test it 

Oh no, we wouldn't want to test you. What a ghastly thought. We're gonna take you on your word and leave you till LyLo, sweetpea.

right now mafia are sitting in their qt upset cause they cant shut me up even if they kill me i keep talking and am then confirmed  so lynching me is really stupid

They're making suckers of us man. They're sitting there LAFFING at us. 

and take note  this has been done with plenty of time before dl so you can all lose ure minds nd if i DO get lynched we can look back at it later

i will say right now voting  me just to test the claim is really not acceptable and i cant be THAT scummy as there arnt many votes on me idt

There aren't that many votes on you because Zander has taken central stage. Doesn't mean people aren't thinking you're suspicious. 

Archived