DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

Eldrick posts around the earlier questionable section I mentioned.

I'm feeling good about John so far. I hope it continues so I can start building my town core.

And as I said in my list of thought, I don't trust Shad.

[v]Shad[/v]

Haven't seen anything remotely scummy yet, and this is a good place to add some pressure IMO.

Here he says he doesn't trust Shad, but for a poor reason explained later. He then puts a "pressure" vote on him. FYI a pressure vote isn't going to apply real pressure if it is labeled a pressure vote. This is a throwaway. Since it is Eldrick it also made me think of something else. I think he might well be a wolf here again.

1. So Townie's dont pressure vote iyo?  Why is it more likely to come from Scum!Eldrick? How does it not apply real pressure if its labeled one?

I have been fooled twice by Shad, and badly.

I don't trust him, and won't trust what he says on its own. I need other people to give me a town read on him before I can consider it myself.

States his poor reason. Bold is important for later. 

2. Nothing here is bolded.  Not sure what you're wanting to reference here?  Also you dont think not trusting someone because they've fooled you previously is a poor reason?  I mean Ive mentioned this as Town quite a bit irt you as well.

I also think I'm gonna slot dice as town for now because I am constantly misreading him as scum.

More poor reasoning. It has me wondering something else. complete thoughts later.

alright boys who we lunchin

i'm in charge now

Wolves or Zander  possibly both

I read this as a joke. I think Zander is reading too much into it.

Reading this again it also is giving me a thought about possible connection between Eldrick and Dice. Dice's statement could be read as TMI because he lists Zander and wolves separately. The connector doesn't join them either. 

Read it this way:

Cory: Who we lunchin?

Dice: Wolves

Dice: Zander

Dice: possibly both. 

Nowhere in this response is there the connection that Zander could be mafia. Initially I read this as Dice defending Z which it could still be. It is possible that is in fact Dice having a TMI town read on Z and that coloured his phrasing. That Eldrick is there basically defending Dice (whom he normally reads as mafia)  by trying to dismiss Zander's opinion on the statement. This is a weird stance for Eldrick IMO.

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/97808-ghostbusters-mafia-day-1/?p=3636987

3. You mentioned the possibilty of it being TMI, why didnt you mention that when you quoted the link above? And you're not allowing for the fat someone could have interrupted it as a joke?

I'm also not saying THAT he's a wolf. It's obviously too early to tell. Voting him is as good as anyone else ATP (except for my previously mentioned town reads)

I believe this was about shad??? or maybe Zander. I'm really not sure and the context doesn't really make it clear to me so I will just say it is awkward. Possibly an attempt to give himself an out for any later vote.  

4. You keep mentioning Eldrick's weak reasoning here: Pot meet Kettle imo.

Well yea. I kinda do. When you are consistently wrong, you want to try something else.

This was after I noted his slotting based on previous failures was a poor way to go that I was saying was a means to in effect give himself a pass for bad votes this game. (i didn't really explain that very well at the time so I can understand if he was confused about it. 

5. Then why are you bringing it up here as part of you're reasoning for sussing him?

I don't think ghost = scum

I'm a ghost too.

i haven't seen the whole movie, but are all ghosts bad ghosts?

I think Tsuki probably has this more right than not. It is assumed that ghosts are bad in this game I think. Therefore gaming the mod there is likely to be one good ghost (either as an actual character or as a safe fake claim) but not more than 1 IMO. 

6. Then why at the bottom of this post do you think it could be a Dice/Eldrick/Shad Scum team?   You think they BOTH have fake ghost claims?  Nobody ekse has claimed or hinted at ghost this this point after reading your possible Scum team makes no sense to me.  Am I missing something?

@Laine

Lol I'll be making reads later once I reread these 8 pages. Just for you

Can you make reads for the rest of us too?

@dice

ithi theres currently two votes on me

How do you feel about those votes?

Hi again everyone! I´m now awake. Or something close to it. 

Eldrick, that is poor reasoning to make someone a wolf. Basically that he is a good wolf. I disagree with the idea of you being willing to trust someone else to tell you he is town before you are even willing to consider it. 

It is very early still but I will look at Shad. 

D1  yolo wolf team of Dice, Zander and Tsuki.  

Please explain the yolo team. Reasons?

Actually I'd like to know this myself. You recently touched base on dice and zander, but you haven't given any reason for Tsuki IIRC.

TBH, Tsuki is the most YOLO of the three. It is only the bold below. He acknowledges Dice claiming ghost but doesn't seem to want to pursue it in any meaningful way. 

alanna is new to me... Hate that opening, smells funky as hell...

dice claimed ghost *nods*... but claimed Townie ghost? O.o

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere

Turin is scum, because he married Ithi. Also, his favorite dessert is apparently Trifles... words are hard.

I think I am going to enjoy playing with Rey.

Teammates

Hi, BFG <3

The rest seems to be mostly meaningless banter with the possible exception of the Rey/Shad thing. Especially since dice is already "joke" voting Rey. 

Keeping this in mind as I am starting to think Shad could well be wolf here. Eldrick interactions with him seem odd.

I went back and Tsuki actually pings me but for another reason.

Turin is scum, because he married Ithi. Also, his favorite dessert is apparently Trifles... words are hard.

Teammates

Hi, BFG <3

Now I'm silly AND funky :sad:

And emo

Don´t know where he is going with this. 

I just reread the whole thread. I didn't personally have an issue with Tsuki. Both of you apparently do, but neither are voting him. Interesting.

@Turin, your problem with him seems to be that he doesn't have a problem with dice soft claiming a ghost. I personally know this isn't an issue. As I have already mentioned, I am a town ghost. It must just be flavor.

@Niniel, I don't see what you're getting at. Can you explain?

Frankly, I find the fact that anyone has an actual read on anyone in under 10 pages, with almost NO game content posted to be complete bull... so I agree with you, but for a separate set of reasons.

unvote, vote Dice

I'm already starting to think you're town.

This is a good look for you. We both got a town read on the same person from the early game.

[unvote]

He unvotes of his own volition for something that shad did on thread. An easy read on a third player. Do you really think that Mafia!Shad can't make that read on early D1?  This inconsistent thought process from his earlier statement regarding Shad. It makes me feel the the initial vote was just a wolf shout out to a teammate. He has done this twice recently as mafia. And the third time that was mentioned in his defense was a game that he also knew who the wolves were. 

7. Is inconsistency inherently Scummy iyo? I would say Eldrick tends to be inconsistent as both alignments, am I wrong on this?  Not sure what you mean with the first Bold.  Second bold, if Im following you correctly which Im not sure I am, so he initially joke votes a Scum mate in a couple recent games and you think he would do the same thing again? 

Eldrick has some things that don't really make sense to me. His slotting of Shad (with a "pressure" vote no less). The easy unvote against that statement without acknowledging that it was just initially wrong when he wasn't moving to someone better is weird. His treatment of Dice is also strange to me.  As was the defending of Dice's statements regarding Zander. Eldrick, Why did you think it was a joke? 

If on the very odd chance Zander is not mafia then I could very much see a mafia team of Dice, Eldrick, Shad working all around the Zander/Turin interaction. There is also a chance for Alanna/BFG to be that group but I would say that is lower. 

Zander, I'm not voting Rey or RTE today. If you have to choose between Dice and Eldrick who you voting?

First off, this is not what I asked for, I wanted you to show YOUR progression on Eldrick in the thread up until the time of the post I linked here,

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/97808-ghostbusters-mafia-day-1/?p=3638756

It easy to say you were thinking it but I want you to show and PROVE it, I mean you think Im Scummy for not using the QT because it couldnt be proven but here it can be.  Show your prior progression on him that lead you to make that comment/post.

Secondly:  I responded to your quotes inside your spoiler they are in blue and listed 1-7 so you can respond easily without having to do so again inside the spoiler.

I find your willingness to start accepting the fact I may be Town quite funny considering you were oh so confident of me being Scum early on.

Why do you refuse to vote RTE?

Im not sure either Eld or Dice are Scum for sure but I have Eldrick higher then Dice.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok so im sick of this

Hardclaim  Slimer Town Treestump

I dont know how I feel about this.  Dice earlier in the game you made a comment about not being lynched.  Seeing this claim Im not sure what to make of it.

#616 Zander do you think that you and Turin could be v/v and this is all just a result of rampant paranoia? Or are you convinced that Turin is scum based on his interactions with you on and off thread?

QT is still gameplay Zander. You are trying to just dismiss what happened there because it is inconvenient.

^one thing I can agree on.

I find it interesting that both are still sus of Dice.

@TURIN/ZANDER: How can you both believe that Dice is mafia and the other is also mafia? Does your read of Dice that not sway your read of your neighbor?

Its possible but Im not thinking it likely atp.  Theres a few things I want Turin to address and that may help me to re evaluate my read if necessary.

Turin and Dice cant be w/w iyo? 

Im actually not as confident on my Dice read, I feel worse about Turin and RTE atp/.

Zander, make me a concise one post list of questions you want answered and I will answer them. 

I have Dice mafia independent of my Zander read. The fact that Z was sus of Dice doesn't mean as much to me due to Z's bussing history. I would say that I am less likely to bus a mafia teammate than he is.  

The fact that Zander now is wavering on his Dice read in favor of someone else makes me doubt him tho. It feels more like it was initially just distancing as I know I'm town so I'm doubting that his other read is correct. It looks more like mafia pushing LHF.  That Dice, Shad and Eldrick are on the same page feels off to me also.  I doubt they could all be mafia but I could see the possibility of there being a symp in there someplace. The Tully character might even fit that role. 

Waiting for my homework. If you want more Eldrick quotes it will probably have to wait. I'm gonna hang out here for a bit.

Read the thread. I quoted posts and put questions there.  You should have np reading them and responding to them one by one as it will be easier to.  Ive answered every question I was asked iirc.

Bold" UM WHAT???

You were going after Dice as well....so you think im Mafia for going after Dice who you say is LHF but its ok for you to have done the same??

Am I missing something?

I'm here now and going to dig up my Eldrick quotes. Just a few quick replies first.

I actually doubt Tsuki is the cop but I think him claiming it in this place is more likely to come from town!Tsuki than Mafia!Tsuki. So there is that. 

My opinion is my opinion. I think I'm right. that is my PoV. The entire game is based on giving your opinion on things AND on convincing others that your opinions make sense. Not because player X would do "this" as mafia and "that" as town based on meta because good players KNOW their meta and WILL abuse it. You are an example of that.

BFG asked why everyone seemed to fall on my side of the argument. My opinion is that frankly my stance makes a heck of a lot more sense than what you have said and done. You say that most of your "errors" (or my misunderstandings) are due to your unfamiliarity with the role. If you don't know you can ask the MOD. I know that she will try to help you understand your role if you are confused.  

Thank you, wanna see that please.

Interesting, what makes you think that he's not and why you think its more likely to come from Town!Tsu then Scum!Tsu?

Have you seen him do this as Town and or Scum before? 

If so which game (s)? I'd like to see it please.

Anyone else that may be familiar with Tsu please weigh in on this.

I've asked some questions Id like you to quote answer please.

Also about asking the Mod, I looked up and read the role and went from there.  You think the mod of the game is gonna tell me how to play or approach my role?  What would I gain from asking her that I wouldnt gain from reading the MafiaScum description?

Im really not following that.  Maybe its just me?

He hasn't played in a long time here so I don't have games. You should know I don't go back and dig up other games but I do keep memories of things. It might have been Sherlock Holmes game here in BT. Ironically I was a mason one way lover with the doc in that game. It caused a great deal of confusion. But basically Tsuki is a non-standard player and would consider it a valid play to fake claim cop as VT in this spot to draw the NK and protect the real cop. 

Different play style I can accept there. I generally ask the MOD first because the role may not play exactly as standard. Also I just Know Ithi would want you to be as informed about your role as possible. She wouldn't tell you how to play but she would make it clear about how the role worked and probably would have made sure you understood that no combination of alignments is implied by the name. 

Might just be that I know her better. I can excuse you for not going there I suppose. 

Im gonna say this the best I can so please dont be offended, but this post is garbage.

You make a statement that sounds like a Meta read on Tsu but you cant verify it, nor do you address my other questions about it. So youre just saying it for the sake of saying it.  Something concrete or past history related should have drawn you to that conclusion imo.

If you dont use Meta what makes you say he's a non standard player and how do you know what he's thinking or what he thinks is a valid play or not?

Also about the ask a Mod backtrack of yours.  It seems to me like youve been throwing a lot of shade my way.  And now that youre seeing the lynch may not be going my way youre backpedaling

i may have my voice but towns have a habit of ignoring treestump opinions.

plus if you lynch me i no longer count in town mafia amounts. you are just doing their work for them and lynching a townie

as for belief?? i ASKED for slimer remember? well i got it   along with an evil twist that is pure ithi   and you should know shes very capable of that lol

GnD was different because the alignment wasnt confirmed.  Yours would be I assume.

and take note  this has been done with plenty of time before dl so you can all lose ure minds nd if i DO get lynched we can look back at it later

i will say right now voting  me just to test the claim is really not acceptable and i cant be THAT scummy as there arnt many votes on me idt

Eldrick posts around the earlier questionable section I mentioned.

I'm feeling good about John so far. I hope it continues so I can start building my town core.

And as I said in my list of thought, I don't trust Shad.

[v]Shad[/v]

Haven't seen anything remotely scummy yet, and this is a good place to add some pressure IMO.

Here he says he doesn't trust Shad, but for a poor reason explained later. He then puts a "pressure" vote on him. FYI a pressure vote isn't going to apply real pressure if it is labeled a pressure vote. This is a throwaway. Since it is Eldrick it also made me think of something else. I think he might well be a wolf here again.

1. So Townie's dont pressure vote iyo?  Why is it more likely to come from Scum!Eldrick? How does it not apply real pressure if its labeled one?

I have been fooled twice by Shad, and badly.

I don't trust him, and won't trust what he says on its own. I need other people to give me a town read on him before I can consider it myself.

States his poor reason. Bold is important for later. 

2. Nothing here is bolded.  Not sure what you're wanting to reference here?  Also you dont think not trusting someone because they've fooled you previously is a poor reason?  I mean Ive mentioned this as Town quite a bit irt you as well.

I also think I'm gonna slot dice as town for now because I am constantly misreading him as scum.

More poor reasoning. It has me wondering something else. complete thoughts later.

alright boys who we lunchin

i'm in charge now

Wolves or Zander  possibly both

I read this as a joke. I think Zander is reading too much into it.

Reading this again it also is giving me a thought about possible connection between Eldrick and Dice. Dice's statement could be read as TMI because he lists Zander and wolves separately. The connector doesn't join them either. 

Read it this way:

Cory: Who we lunchin?

Dice: Wolves

Dice: Zander

Dice: possibly both. 

Nowhere in this response is there the connection that Zander could be mafia. Initially I read this as Dice defending Z which it could still be. It is possible that is in fact Dice having a TMI town read on Z and that coloured his phrasing. That Eldrick is there basically defending Dice (whom he normally reads as mafia)  by trying to dismiss Zander's opinion on the statement. This is a weird stance for Eldrick IMO.

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/97808-ghostbusters-mafia-day-1/?p=3636987

3. You mentioned the possibilty of it being TMI, why didnt you mention that when you quoted the link above? And you're not allowing for the fat someone could have interrupted it as a joke?

I'm also not saying THAT he's a wolf. It's obviously too early to tell. Voting him is as good as anyone else ATP (except for my previously mentioned town reads)

I believe this was about shad??? or maybe Zander. I'm really not sure and the context doesn't really make it clear to me so I will just say it is awkward. Possibly an attempt to give himself an out for any later vote.  

Well yea. I kinda do. When you are consistently wrong, you want to try something else.

This was after I noted his slotting based on previous failures was a poor way to go that I was saying was a means to in effect give himself a pass for bad votes this game. (i didn't really explain that very well at the time so I can understand if he was confused about it. 

5. Then why are you bringing it up here as part of you're reasoning for sussin4. You keep mentioning Eldrick's weak reasoning here: Pot meet Kettle imo.g him?

I don't think ghost = scum

I'm a ghost too.

i haven't seen the whole movie, but are all ghosts bad ghosts?

I think Tsuki probably has this more right than not. It is assumed that ghosts are bad in this game I think. Therefore gaming the mod there is likely to be one good ghost (either as an actual character or as a safe fake claim) but not more than 1 IMO. 

6. Then why at the bottom of this post do you think it could be a Dice/Eldrick/Shad Scum team?   You think they BOTH have fake ghost claims?  Nobody ekse has claimed or hinted at ghost this this point after reading your possible Scum team makes no sense to me.  Am I missing something?

@Laine

Lol I'll be making reads later once I reread these 8 pages. Just for you

Can you make reads for the rest of us too?

@dice

ithi theres currently two votes on me

How do you feel about those votes?

Hi again everyone! I´m now awake. Or something close to it. 

Eldrick, that is poor reasoning to make someone a wolf. Basically that he is a good wolf. I disagree with the idea of you being willing to trust someone else to tell you he is town before you are even willing to consider it. 

It is very early still but I will look at Shad. 

D1  yolo wolf team of Dice, Zander and Tsuki.  

Please explain the yolo team. Reasons?

Actually I'd like to know this myself. You recently touched base on dice and zander, but you haven't given any reason for Tsuki IIRC.

TBH, Tsuki is the most YOLO of the three. It is only the bold below. He acknowledges Dice claiming ghost but doesn't seem to want to pursue it in any meaningful way. 

Teammates

Hi, BFG <3

The rest seems to be mostly meaningless banter with the possible exception of the Rey/Shad thing. Especially since dice is already "joke" voting Rey. 

Keeping this in mind as I am starting to think Shad could well be wolf here. Eldrick interactions with him seem odd.

I went back and Tsuki actually pings me but for another reason.

Teammates

Hi, BFG <3

Now I'm silly AND funky :sad:

And emo

Don´t know where he is going with this. 

I just reread the whole thread. I didn't personally have an issue with Tsuki. Both of you apparently do, but neither are voting him. Interesting.

@Turin, your problem with him seems to be that he doesn't have a problem with dice soft claiming a ghost. I personally know this isn't an issue. As I have already mentioned, I am a town ghost. It must just be flavor.

@Niniel, I don't see what you're getting at. Can you explain?

Frankly, I find the fact that anyone has an actual read on anyone in under 10 pages, with almost NO game content posted to be complete bull... so I agree with you, but for a separate set of reasons.

unvote, vote Dice

I'm already starting to think you're town.

This is a good look for you. We both got a town read on the same person from the early game.

[unvote]

He unvotes of his own volition for something that shad did on thread. An easy read on a third player. Do you really think that Mafia!Shad can't make that read on early D1?  This inconsistent thought process from his earlier statement regarding Shad. It makes me feel the the initial vote was just a wolf shout out to a teammate. He has done this twice recently as mafia. And the third time that was mentioned in his defense was a game that he also knew who the wolves were. 

7. Is inconsistency inherently Scummy iyo? I would say Eldrick tends to be inconsistent as both alignments, am I wrong on this?  Not sure what you mean with the first Bold.  Second bold, if Im following you correctly which Im not sure I am, so he initially joke votes a Scum mate in a couple recent games and you think he would do the same thing again? 

Eldrick has some things that don't really make sense to me. His slotting of Shad (with a "pressure" vote no less). The easy unvote against that statement without acknowledging that it was just initially wrong when he wasn't moving to someone better is weird. His treatment of Dice is also strange to me.  As was the defending of Dice's statements regarding Zander. Eldrick, Why did you think it was a joke? 

If on the very odd chance Zander is not mafia then I could very much see a mafia team of Dice, Eldrick, Shad working all around the Zander/Turin interaction. There is also a chance for Alanna/BFG to be that group but I would say that is lower. 

Zander, I'm not voting Rey or RTE today. If you have to choose between Dice and Eldrick who you voting?

First off, this is not what I asked for, I wanted you to show YOUR progression on Eldrick in the thread up until the time of the post I linked here,

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/97808-ghostbusters-mafia-day-1/?p=3638756

It easy to say you were thinking it but I want you to show and PROVE it, I mean you think Im Scummy for not using the QT because it couldnt be proven but here it can be.  Show your prior progression on him that lead you to make that comment/post.

Secondly:  I responded to your quotes inside your spoiler they are in blue and listed 1-7 so you can respond easily without having to do so again inside the spoiler.

I find your willingness to start accepting the fact I may be Town quite funny considering you were oh so confident of me being Scum early on.

Why do you refuse to vote RTE?

Im not sure either Eld or Dice are Scum for sure but I have Eldrick higher then Dice.

You gonna do you, I'm gonna do me. I don't post every thought I have so If you are looking for a breadcrumb trail of what I did that will take longer. 

Please don't make me go thru the thing and look for numbers. I think it was you that specifically previously asked for me to NOT respond to questions in spoilers. If I do it I'm gonna copy paste them and then answer them. 

I am willing to consider the possibility that you derped seriously and that others are trying to gain cred from your town flip. there is more content from other people so I have to look at it and consider the possibilities. Frankly I don't think it likely but I have to look at the possibility. 

I'm not voting RTE because I doubt the people pushing him and I have more suspicion elsewhere. Lots of elsewhere especially if you are in fact town. 

Okay can we get a complete list from you then? 

Your Questions:

Of course they do. They generally don't say, this is a pressure vote because it has less effect . 

Because it looks like a throwaway vote to just look active and that he then reconsidered and took his vote off. 

Think about that... You place a vote with a reason, even a bad reason or even no stated reason. The target has to consider why you placed the vote. It makes their response more valuable. You say I'm gonna vote you for pressure. What do they have to say? Okay... let me know how that works.

The last sentence was supposed to be bolded. That he would need other people saying that Shad wa stown to reverse his position. Later it is claer he didn't do that.  Putting them as mafia without reason is a bad reason. It is the fallacy that Cory rages against all the time that he is basically being sussed for being a good wolf.  Frankly now that there is more content I think it is the knid of bad case/vote one mafia makes on a teammate early on. You do say "I've read you wrong in the past..." but do you put me as wolf because of it or do you use it as a reason to doubt your mafia read on me?

More things come up on reread. Especially as you have additional other context to place it with. 

Possible, Doesn't read as a joke to me. I read everyone from my own PoV so there you go.

Hardly the same IMO. Eldrick is making a mechanical mistake IMO. You can say you disagree with my reasoning but I am giving a in this game reason for what I am saying.  So Just NO.

5. Then why are you bringing it up here as part of you're reasoning for sussin4. You keep mentioning Eldrick's weak reasoning here: Pot meet Kettle imo.g him?

Again, Reread brings new things. I looked through the section of thread and saw how I posted and decided to leave that there. 

My reads are all mostly independent of each other. There are some things that connect them together. I saw a point where Eldrick started getting some heat and Shad jumped in about how villagery Eldrick was.  I found it odd that dice and Shad were exactly the two people that Eldrick listed as putting in unusual places to start the game. This could easily be cover to hide "bad reads" about them.  I guess I am seeing a pattern around them. It could just be me but I'm willing to post my thoughts as they come to me.  

7. Is inconsistency inherently Scummy iyo? I would say Eldrick tends to be inconsistent as both alignments, am I wrong on this?  Not sure what you mean with the first Bold.  Second bold, if Im following you correctly which Im not sure I am, so he initially joke votes a Scum mate in a couple recent games and you think he would do the same thing again?

Genrerally I would say yes. I have stated that Eldrick is frequently let to move along as he is considered TWTBAW in either alignment. I even noted it earlier and you commented (I think???) about it.

Yes. because he would NEVER do that right??? The fact that he has done it means that he is willing to.  Read his posts about Shad and see if that is natural progression. If you think it is then maybe I'm wrong.  But IF you are not mafia then those are my best guesses at this point.  

ok so im sick of this

Hardclaim  Slimer Town Treestump

I dont know how I feel about this.  Dice earlier in the game you made a comment about not being lynched.  Seeing this claim Im not sure what to make of it.

#616 Zander do you think that you and Turin could be v/v and this is all just a result of rampant paranoia? Or are you convinced that Turin is scum based on his interactions with you on and off thread?

QT is still gameplay Zander. You are trying to just dismiss what happened there because it is inconvenient.

^one thing I can agree on.

I find it interesting that both are still sus of Dice.

@TURIN/ZANDER: How can you both believe that Dice is mafia and the other is also mafia? Does your read of Dice that not sway your read of your neighbor?

Its possible but Im not thinking it likely atp.  Theres a few things I want Turin to address and that may help me to re evaluate my read if necessary.

Turin and Dice cant be w/w iyo? 

Im actually not as confident on my Dice read, I feel worse about Turin and RTE atp/.

Zander, make me a concise one post list of questions you want answered and I will answer them. 

I have Dice mafia independent of my Zander read. The fact that Z was sus of Dice doesn't mean as much to me due to Z's bussing history. I would say that I am less likely to bus a mafia teammate than he is.  

The fact that Zander now is wavering on his Dice read in favor of someone else makes me doubt him tho. It feels more like it was initially just distancing as I know I'm town so I'm doubting that his other read is correct. It looks more like mafia pushing LHF.  That Dice, Shad and Eldrick are on the same page feels off to me also.  I doubt they could all be mafia but I could see the possibility of there being a symp in there someplace. The Tully character might even fit that role. 

Waiting for my homework. If you want more Eldrick quotes it will probably have to wait. I'm gonna hang out here for a bit.

Read the thread. I quoted posts and put questions there.  You should have np reading them and responding to them one by one as it will be easier to.  Ive answered every question I was asked iirc.

Bold" UM WHAT???

You were going after Dice as well....so you think im Mafia for going after Dice who you say is LHF but its ok for you to have done the same??

Am I missing something?

RTE and Rey are the ones being pushed by You and Dice and Shad. I think Eldrick has expressed an interest in going there also even tho he is currently voting Dice.

It will take along long time for your answers then. Maybe just post the ones that are immediately coming to your mind? And we can go from there? 

i may have my voice but towns have a habit of ignoring treestump opinions.

plus if you lynch me i no longer count in town mafia amounts. you are just doing their work for them and lynching a townie

as for belief?? i ASKED for slimer remember? well i got it along with an evil twist that is pure ithi and you should know shes very capable of that lol

The same could be said about any townie. If you are telling the truth, you are the best possible mislynch.

That coupled with your scum equity is keeping my vote on you.

As for ignoring Treestump opinions, I sure won't. You would effectively be an IC that can't vote.

This. 

It would allow Town to not have to focus on worrying about if you're Scum or not and know that your continued reads would be coming from a Town perspective.

Zander 173 Eldrick4221 172 Shad_ 116 Turin Turambar 96 alannalynn 67 dicetosser1 64 Ithillian Turambar 55 Niniel 54 Lenlo 54 Tsukibana 40 Reyoru 38 BFG 37 John McClane 35 Hallia 20 ReleaseTheEvil 11

According to the CCSoHW lesson on there's usually always a Scum in the bottom posters, who is the most likely Scum in there?

I know he say's it usually doesnt apply to D1 but this D1 has been like 6 RL days so kinda like 2 normal game day phases and yes I know your thoughts on the matter Dice but Id still like everyone to answer.

Lololol @ the fact that this post broke our tie.

Shad might get mad at me #mathing at you but my PC would have already been 1 higher before I made this post.

#themathsarehard

lolololololol

Also you didnt answer my question.

thats stupid eldrick

you want to rob town of an extra vote AND one that is effectively VT as far as mafia kills go.

either they kill me   wasting a shot   or they dont letting a claimed townie live to hunt them

Yes we do lose your vote but like Eld mentioned in the first post I quoted here, you'd be mod confirmed Town.

The Cop should always be checking me or Turin tonight. And the Doc protecting the Cop if no CC.

If no CC on the Cop starting D2 we'd have 2 Confirmed Townies (You and the Cop) along with my confirmed Town read or Turin confirmed one way or the other.

And whoever between me and Turin who was confirmed Town would only have to be looked at if theres no GF flip as the game proceeds as you guys mentioned that one of us could have an additional role.

Your lynch would also ensure the Doc would not be possibly mislynched and have to Claim.

I think we'd be in pretty good shape.

Is my logic flawed here?

I'm here now and going to dig up my Eldrick quotes. Just a few quick replies first.

I actually doubt Tsuki is the cop but I think him claiming it in this place is more likely to come from town!Tsuki than Mafia!Tsuki. So there is that. 

My opinion is my opinion. I think I'm right. that is my PoV. The entire game is based on giving your opinion on things AND on convincing others that your opinions make sense. Not because player X would do "this" as mafia and "that" as town based on meta because good players KNOW their meta and WILL abuse it. You are an example of that.

BFG asked why everyone seemed to fall on my side of the argument. My opinion is that frankly my stance makes a heck of a lot more sense than what you have said and done. You say that most of your "errors" (or my misunderstandings) are due to your unfamiliarity with the role. If you don't know you can ask the MOD. I know that she will try to help you understand your role if you are confused.  

Interesting, what makes you think that he's not and why you think its more likely to come from Town!Tsu then Scum!Tsu?

Also about asking the Mod, I looked up and read the role and went from there.  You think the mod of the game is gonna tell me how to play or approach my role?  What would I gain from asking her that I wouldnt gain from reading the MafiaScum description?

He hasn't played in a long time here so I don't have games. You should know I don't go back and dig up other games but I do keep memories of things. It might have been Sherlock Holmes game here in BT. Ironically I was a mason one way lover with the doc in that game. It caused a great deal of confusion. But basically Tsuki is a non-standard player and would consider it a valid play to fake claim cop as VT in this spot to draw the NK and protect the real cop. 

Different play style I can accept there. I generally ask the MOD first because the role may not play exactly as standard. Also I just Know Ithi would want you to be as informed about your role as possible. She wouldn't tell you how to play but she would make it clear about how the role worked and probably would have made sure you understood that no combination of alignments is implied by the name. 

Might just be that I know her better. I can excuse you for not going there I suppose. 

Im gonna say this the best I can so please dont be offended, but this post is garbage.

You make a statement that sounds like a Meta read on Tsu but you cant verify it, nor do you address my other questions about it. So youre just saying it for the sake of saying it.  Something concrete or past history related should have drawn you to that conclusion imo.

If you dont use Meta what makes you say he's a non standard player and how do you know what he's thinking or what he thinks is a valid play or not?

Also about the ask a Mod backtrack of yours.  It seems to me like youve been throwing a lot of shade my way.  And now that youre seeing the lynch may not be going my way youre backpedaling

Then vote me, convince people I'm the mafia and be ready to die tomorrow.

Yes we do lose your vote but like Eld mentioned in the first post I quoted here, you'd be mod confirmed Town.

The Cop should always be checking me or Turin tonight. And the Doc protecting the Cop if no CC.

If no CC on the Cop starting D2 we'd have 2 Confirmed Townies (You and the Cop) along with my confirmed Town read or Turin confirmed one way or the other.

And whoever between me and Turin who was confirmed Town would only have to be looked at if theres no GF flip as the game proceeds as you guys mentioned that one of us could have an additional role.

Your lynch would also ensure the Doc would not be possibly mislynched and have to Claim.

I think we'd be in pretty good shape.

Is my logic flawed here?

yes   how about we lynch mafia instead. that IS possible you know.

lynching me is intentionally throwing away a town vote

No. I want to lynch scum. I think you could be it.

And if I'm wrong, then you are the best person to be wrong about, if you are telling the truth.

Again this makes sense.

thats WHY i said it zan  i shouldnt get lynched. add to that thast im trying to find scum and why the hell would you lynch me?

Ive felt you were scummy early but have felt a little better about you but still Im not near clearing you atp.

Youre in a lot of people's PoE right now.

It would clear that up if you're what you claim you are and give Town a Confirmed Towny minus the vote but with a trusted voice.

its also basically the same   except i can vote til i die   as those ghost roles you and nyn had   how well did town listen there?

Again this is irrelevant and the same as GnD because no one KNEW our alignments, we would know yours if your claim is true or not.

and take note  this has been done with plenty of time before dl so you can all lose ure minds nd if i DO get lynched we can look back at it later

i will say right now voting  me just to test the claim is really not acceptable and i cant be THAT scummy as there arnt many votes on me idt

Im not saying its a foregone conclusion just that from a logical standpoint it would be the best mislynch and clear your slot.  Obv we want to lynch Scum im just saying with your slot the way it is it may not be the worse thing Town does today.

Give us a better choice with a decent case.

ive been thinking him town  turin and ive obviously thought u scum  but that hardclaim changes things

lets say you are mafia   tactically this play makes a little sense but not much. say u get zander lynched  ok thats one townie down but if he flips town ure pretty much a dead man. not a great scum strategy really.

lets say ure town    that makes this something you believe for reasons you have given and probably some u havent.  if ure right then if we lynch znader we lynch scum. awesome. but ure probably dead again tonight or tomorrow night if mafia assume ure protected.

if ure BOTH town mafia are sitting in their QT laffing.

I simply want to work it out.

I think a Dice flip might give us a bit more info on Zander.  I'm town. Dice originally pushing one or the other and then flipping to V/V is feeling more and more like TMI. (which of course makes me wrong on Z) 

right now mafia are sitting in their qt upset cause they cant shut me up even if they kill me i keep talking and am then confirmed  so lynching me is really stupid

right now mafia are sitting in their qt upset cause they cant shut me up even if they kill me i keep talking and am then confirmed  so lynching me is really stupid

Dice why are you talking so much about the mafia QT? Again, I think  you might be projecting.

I'm not sure how your being able to talk and be confirmed is an awful thing. That you keep saying how stupid it would be is troubling to me. I just can't put some of your posts down as being towny. And I guess you would be really trying to be as towny as possible because the ultimate way to play as a treestump is to draw a NK because it does clear you AND you still get to voice your opinions as a verified townie. Now you are less likely to be killed as there is a big question mark over your head.

cause i was sitting here laffing at the thought so i posted it

and as i said right now  numbers wise i count as town   if i die i no longer count so thats one less towny to outnumber the mafia

Do you see why all these bold statements strike me as a problem? 

I think you might be protesting for your life a bit too much in this situation since you are still going to be a voice. It feels weird. 

my only power is my vote. 

would you rather i just meekly sit here and say plz lynch me? Sorry never gonna happen. especially when its stupid and people arnt considering options

A) the correct one   im town  leave me alone make the mafia waste a kill on me if they wanna get rid of a town vote

B) lynch me watch me flip town and KNOW you just purposely whittled ure numbers down for no real good reason

C) if you THAT worried about me lynch me before lylo

D) im  mafia    im not   but C takes care of that

One thing you should absolutely do   if people vote me make them give reasons. DONT accept test the claim  make them give actual REASONING so they can be held accountable for it

You gonna do you, I'm gonna do me. I don't post every thought I have so If you are looking for a breadcrumb trail of what I did that will take longer. 

I am willing to consider the possibility that you derped seriously and that others are trying to gain cred from your town flip. there is more content from other people so I have to look at it and consider the possibilities. Frankly I don't think it likely but I have to look at the possibility. 

I'm not voting RTE because I doubt the people pushing him and I have more suspicion elsewhere. Lots of elsewhere especially if you are in fact town. 

Okay can we get a complete list from you then? 

My reads are all mostly independent of each other. There are some things that connect them together. I saw a point where Eldrick started getting some heat and Shad jumped in about how villagery Eldrick was.  I found it odd that dice and Shad were exactly the two people that Eldrick listed as putting in unusual places to start the game. This could easily be cover to hide "bad reads" about them.  I guess I am seeing a pattern around them. It could just be me but I'm willing to post my thoughts as they come to me.  

7. Is inconsistency inherently Scummy iyo? I would say Eldrick tends to be inconsistent as both alignments, am I wrong on this?  Not sure what you mean with the first Bold.  Second bold, if Im following you correctly which Im not sure I am, so he initially joke votes a Scum mate in a couple recent games and you think he would do the same thing again?

Genrerally I would say yes. I have stated that Eldrick is frequently let to move along as he is considered TWTBAW in either alignment. I even noted it earlier and you commented (I think???) about it.

Yes. because he would NEVER do that right??? The fact that he has done it means that he is willing to.  Read his posts about Shad and see if that is natural progression. If you think it is then maybe I'm wrong.  But IF you are not mafia then those are my best guesses at this point. 

Please do the first bold.

2nd bold: Then who on my train is most likely to be Scum iyo?

You show me yours and Ill show you mine.

I dont like your stance on RTE,

Question 6 you didnt answer. You said iyo that only 1 Ghost was Town, yet you have both of them Scummy.  Can you please answer that.

Question 7 I did comment on it and you made a huge post but failed to answer it at all as I asked for your own progression on your read of him.

Im not saying he wont but thats a pretty silly Tell especially if someone's mentioned it to him before.  I mean you state he did this twice before so which games and have you ever mentioned it to him?

Which games?

@ Eld- Is this true and has someone mentioned it to you?

Then vote me, convince people I'm the mafia and be ready to die tomorrow.

Why dont you just answer my questions Turin?

And why would I die tomorrow?  You yourself are starting to doubt your read on me some and you've been the biggest advocate of my lynch so your at least thinking I may be villa.  So I dont get it.

Archived