DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it is him. He is now doubly confirmed as mafia to Me.

He needs to go.

One final thought on this. Z proclaims he didn't want to use the QT to assist in getting a read on Me because he couldn't use it to prove his case. I would say this is a mafia mindset. Townies would be more concerned about getting the read right. Because if we could have taken away the doubt them it is better for town. We would have in effect turned.ourselves into masons(at least to ourselves). This is a powerful thing. That he basically went in the complete opposite direction is very telling to me.

Turin how well is Zander at making cases on other players in the game?

Your question is awkwardlt worded to me and I'm not sure what you are asking tbh. If the question is how good is Zander at getting people lynched then I would say very good. His cases tend to revolve around individual meta play which I don't really use and therefore don't really understand.

I'm also not sure what his casing ability has to do with my point that the more town play is to try to formulate a correct read on the other neighbor in the QT where it is private not immediately assume they are mafia. I really don't think this requires explaining but if anyone does want to hear my opinions then lmk.

Have you read Minions, or Star Wars, or my Tab push in NBC?  Im okay at finding Scum but getting them lynched...not so much.

So youre not willing to accept that Town!Zander didnt know the role, has never played it before and could have just played it awkwardly cause of the fact I didnt know if I could trust you or prove what was said in there? 

Like why would Scum!Zander lie about posting in secret after it was called out iyo?

#616 Zander do you think that you and Turin could be v/v and this is all just a result of rampant paranoia? Or are you convinced that Turin is scum based on his interactions with you on and off thread?

QT is still gameplay Zander. You are trying to just dismiss what happened there because it is inconvenient.

^one thing I can agree on.

I find it interesting that both are still sus of Dice.

@TURIN/ZANDER: How can you both believe that Dice is mafia and the other is also mafia? Does your read of Dice that not sway your read of your neighbor?

Its possible but Im not thinking it likely atp.  Theres a few things I want Turin to address and that may help me to re evaluate my read if necessary.

Turin and Dice cant be w/w iyo? 

Im actually not as confident on my Dice read, I feel worse about Turin and RTE atp/.

Shad I want you to look at my point in my last post irt Zander as scum, and how he would act in QT. Let me know what you think irt his character?

I'm not sure exactly what scenario you're asking about?  If Zander is scum and believes neighbors are always v/w, he wouldn't post in the thread at all.  No scum would post in the thread at all.  That's the equivalent of forwarding a random town your scum role PM.

I'm guessing that's not what you're asking me and I misunderstood you.

your wrong here shad. i played a game with 5 teams 1 scum in each of 4 teams all with qts. I HAD to post in there and be as Townie as possible in order to gather info AND hopefully vet myself to some real townies.

So scum should ABSOLUTELY be posting in that neighbour thread BUT  what a good scum WOULDNT do is post under a fake name then give that away. Thats town paranoia to me.

Zander, I'm not gonna do a bunch of quoting about Eldrick right now but off the top of my head his idea that shad was mafia because he had fooled him before and dice? Was townie because he had misread him mafia in the past.

His change of position wrt you is another. He was all for your lynch then follows dice to Rey with the idea that it is on part to prevent an early hammer. Then using what feels like weak reasons seems to put you, Rey and Dice all about equal likelihood of being mafia. Looks like he is just avoiding voting you. Which could be TMI on his part should you flip town or mafia trying to protect a teammate if you flip mafia( or just LOL Eldrick).

I can try to locate Quotes and such tomorrow.

As for Tsuki he does have me in his highest group other than himself.

Whatever dice is dealing with I hope it gets better. Which confusion are you referring to BTW?

As to BFG and Alanna, gun to your head which do you think more likely mafia?

PLEASE DO THE RED FOR ME

You mentioned his confusion about Neighbors/Neighboizers I think (someone did may not be you) and he saomething something about N0.

Im not sure either is tbqh atp.

Do you think one or both are?  If so who and why.

that was me zander   i thought turin had claimed neighbourizer and posted in the wrong thread

My point is that the purpose of having the QT isn't to lynch the other neighbor. It is to get the right read of the other neighbor. You do not do that by coming in and stating the other person MUST be mafia. Then abandoning the QT. That isn't how I see town operating.

Questions: in a private conversation between a townie and a Mafioso who has more to Lose? the townie that has no external information or the mafioso that knows alignments? Who would be more likely to make up a reason to avoid that conversation?

My thought is it is the Mafioso in all cases. They need to avoid giving anything away. They also need to make sure they don't contradict themselves from itt. Having somewhere else to post just makes their life more difficult. wolfing is hard enough without me asking a bunch of questions in QT (tbh I didn't get much of a chance to ask any).

This is an opinion and youre entitled to it, but youre not seemingly allowing for the fact that just because thats how YOU'D play it or feel it should be played that I not knowing the role and having not played it before would approach it differently.

And you mention HOW a Townie should/would play the Neighbor role but look at Tsu, he's claimed Cop and if he's telling the truth, you can't say that him claiming atp would be how Town SHOULD play the role. 

ant

#717 @Zander why the switch up from Turin to RTE? This doesn't look good, besides self preservation and knowing a Turin lynch isn't going to pick up. Why not Dice though?

RTE's drop in Vote on the only Train, non existent thread presence and general consensus read's list pinged me badly,

And like Ive mentioned recently, Im not as sure on Dice and need to look back at him.

Alanna, in this scenario not posting at all in the QT while being active in thread is an immediate death sentence for mafia because a townie is obliged to go into the QT to try to accomplish one of two things:

A. Verify that the other neighbor is town. This converts a potential negative role into a positive as masons can be very powerful for town.

B. Verify the other neighbor is mafia AND then attempt to get information from them about the mafia team to be used by town.

Neither of these can be accomplished by never posting in the qt. The best he could hope for in that scenario is that I got lynched first because he would be outed by my death and I would have forced it to be me and him.

BTW, why does someone HAVE to defend him? I don't see how you could be so positive he is town at this point in the game.

Only Sith's speak in absolutes.

Again youre only allowing that Townies HAVE to play the role the way you do it or they must be Scum.

Like do you not believe different players approach roles differently? 

That is also why a townie doesn't abandon the QT even if they think the other neighbor is mafia.

Again same as above.

And if I get mislynched what are you gonna say about this when I flip Town?

You can say well he played it bad, but what you CANT say is that you allowed for it to possibly be the case.

Ive addressed this already, I missed the context from the quote he was responding to.

@laine   I said at the outset of all this i wanted to hear from Zander. nothing he has said has made me go "ohhh thats scummy!"  i have nothing to point at thats making it obvious hes scum.

his tone is frustrated but hes not doing one thing i use to pick him as mafia.

i just dont know if he is scum. So im gonna let it get sorted by the cop.

i dont think turin is given the way he claimed and his arguments for his case

and in case of derpness  i hope any doc role realises they have to protect tsuki tonight

I feel the same way with Zander. I think he's town and he done effed up and there's nowhere he can really go at this point because of Turin-tunnel. But independently, I haven't liked your reactions this game and they've made you come off rather scummy. There were some points that I liked from you, but they were outweighed by negatives in the end, I think I mostly laid out where I had issues i my catchups. Competing trains better for town anyways, mehh

I think there is a low chance Turin is mafia but it is still possible. Wolf!Turin could have jumped on the opportunity to destroy Zander and that's exactly what he's doing, but that's also a town!Turin thing. What is helping Turin is that he's independently townie and has been from the start of the game. Besides that, he's been rather calm through these explanations and #TOAN.

IF we don't lynch Zander today, I would hope that Tsuki views him so that we don't go into tomorrow with the same argument. We can't have another day of Turin v Zander, that's just not productive. And the doc BETTER protect tonight.

Alanna = Town

was very impressed with that catch up even if shes voting the wrong person

..... that was a lot of words and took a lot of hours :unsure:

Lainey looking really Towny during my catch up.

Mmmm.  I'm wondering on Eldrick now, Laine raises a good point.  You seem awfully easily swayed.

You really think Zan/Turin is v/v?

Also:  I don't know exactly. They haven't been scummy. They've just been meh.

~~~~This response is not great.  You dodged an answer here I think.  Which one has been meh?  Can you be more specific?

Unvote

Vote: Eldrick

I dont like the reasoning behind this vote.

Hallia you dont think its possible that we could be v/v? 

Then which of us is Scum iyo? 

And why arent you voting that person?

If what I bolded in the last quote of this post is proven will that change your read on Eldrick?  Is there anything else about him you find Scummy?

John looked pretty solid and I remember quoting a post from him that I felt was much more likely to come from Town, but I dont know him or his game and how good/experienced he is at the game and playing as Scum. since you've replaced in Im starting to worry some...your thread presence is much lower which is something I know is Hallia!Scum trademark. 

I know you were sick for a bit but I need you to pick it up for me.

The concept of Town!Zander not understanding the role, and assuming Turin is scum because he's town makes a lot of sense. And it fits how he has acted ITT, and how Turin has described his actions.

I can see how Turin is interpreting Zander's actions as scummy, but I think it's a wrong read based on the mistrust of the role set. I'm also leaning v/v atp.

Eldrick easily swayed >_>

I've been advocating the concept that they were v/v all game. Ever since dice said we should lynch between them, I was worried that they were both town.

Ill let him prove it himself but Im pretty sure this is the truth.

I'm here now and going to dig up my Eldrick quotes. Just a few quick replies first.

I actually doubt Tsuki is the cop but I think him claiming it in this place is more likely to come from town!Tsuki than Mafia!Tsuki. So there is that. 

My opinion is my opinion. I think I'm right. that is my PoV. The entire game is based on giving your opinion on things AND on convincing others that your opinions make sense. Not because player X would do "this" as mafia and "that" as town based on meta because good players KNOW their meta and WILL abuse it. You are an example of that.

BFG asked why everyone seemed to fall on my side of the argument. My opinion is that frankly my stance makes a heck of a lot more sense than what you have said and done. You say that most of your "errors" (or my misunderstandings) are due to your unfamiliarity with the role. If you don't know you can ask the MOD. I know that she will try to help you understand your role if you are confused.  

Posting from bathroom, Lol. How do you quote from mobile version?

@Eldrick: as I said earlier, I feel Zander flailed quite a bit when Turin decided to thunderdome. I feel that if he were scum, his QT mates would have told him to chill... but I also don't like how he hid himself in the neighbor QT, or his... panic at being accused. Therefore, he is Town, maybe PR and REALLY don't wanna die, or 3rd party.

Dude Cory coined a pretty accurate statement about me.

"One cannot control Zander, you can only hope to contain him"

When I bussed Lenlo in Matrix everyone told me to turn it down and I didnt.

I'm sorry. That still doesn't explain to me why you're including 3p. I get why you say he's not mafia. Why doesn't that make him town to you, not town/3p?

I dont understand the 3rd party part either.

1 post for cause he was busy yesterday and just for today I guess?

Rey is starting to fall off of the map and its not a good look.

But more importantly, maybe Im reading it wrong but does the bold red read like TMI to anyone else?

No?

Explain.

Ive answered this.

What's RTE's approach to bussing?

Like is he one of those players who would never do it, can be coaxed into it, eagerly lynches away his team mates?

So you think there's a possibility of us being w/w Im assuming?

What are your reads of both him and I currently and independently of each other?

Posting from bathroom, Lol. How do you quote from mobile version?

@Eldrick: as I said earlier, I feel Zander flailed quite a bit when Turin decided to thunderdome. I feel that if he were scum, his QT mates would have told him to chill... but I also don't like how he hid himself in the neighbor QT, or his... panic at being accused. Therefore, he is Town, maybe PR and REALLY don't wanna die, or 3rd party.

lol

Zander's not going to listen to scum mates telling him to haul it back.  Zander gonna Zander whatever his alignment.

This is 100% truth/

[v]RTE[/v]

Cant say anything bad about this.

I'm presently in three games and my wife has an appointment in the city tomorrow, so I probably won't so much as glance at this game until tomorrow night fwiw.

Really wanna see a reads list from you brother.

I'm here now and going to dig up my Eldrick quotes. Just a few quick replies first.

I actually doubt Tsuki is the cop but I think him claiming it in this place is more likely to come from town!Tsuki than Mafia!Tsuki. So there is that. 

My opinion is my opinion. I think I'm right. that is my PoV. The entire game is based on giving your opinion on things AND on convincing others that your opinions make sense. Not because player X would do "this" as mafia and "that" as town based on meta because good players KNOW their meta and WILL abuse it. You are an example of that.

BFG asked why everyone seemed to fall on my side of the argument. My opinion is that frankly my stance makes a heck of a lot more sense than what you have said and done. You say that most of your "errors" (or my misunderstandings) are due to your unfamiliarity with the role. If you don't know you can ask the MOD. I know that she will try to help you understand your role if you are confused.  

Thank you, wanna see that please.

Interesting, what makes you think that he's not and why you think its more likely to come from Town!Tsu then Scum!Tsu?

Have you seen him do this as Town and or Scum before? 

If so which game (s)? I'd like to see it please.

Anyone else that may be familiar with Tsu please weigh in on this.

I've asked some questions Id like you to quote answer please.

Also about asking the Mod, I looked up and read the role and went from there.  You think the mod of the game is gonna tell me how to play or approach my role?  What would I gain from asking her that I wouldnt gain from reading the MafiaScum description?

Im really not following that.  Maybe its just me?

Zander 173 Eldrick4221 172 Shad_ 116 Turin Turambar 96 alannalynn 67 dicetosser1 64 Ithillian Turambar 55 Niniel 54 Lenlo 54 Tsukibana 40 Reyoru 38 BFG 37 John McClane 35 Hallia 20 ReleaseTheEvil 11

According to the CCSoHW lesson on there's usually always a Scum in the bottom posters, who is the most likely Scum in there?

I know he say's it usually doesnt apply to D1 but this D1 has been like 6 RL days so kinda like 2 normal game day phases and yes I know your thoughts on the matter Dice but Id still like everyone to answer.

Eldrick posts around the earlier questionable section I mentioned.

I'm feeling good about John so far. I hope it continues so I can start building my town core.

And as I said in my list of thought, I don't trust Shad.

[v]Shad[/v]

Haven't seen anything remotely scummy yet, and this is a good place to add some pressure IMO.

Here he says he doesn't trust Shad, but for a poor reason explained later. He then puts a "pressure" vote on him. FYI a pressure vote isn't going to apply real pressure if it is labeled a pressure vote. This is a throwaway. Since it is Eldrick it also made me think of something else. I think he might well be a wolf here again.

I have been fooled twice by Shad, and badly.

I don't trust him, and won't trust what he says on its own. I need other people to give me a town read on him before I can consider it myself.

States his poor reason. Bold is important for later. 

I also think I'm gonna slot dice as town for now because I am constantly misreading him as scum.

More poor reasoning. It has me wondering something else. complete thoughts later.

alright boys who we lunchin

i'm in charge now

Wolves or Zander  possibly both

I read this as a joke. I think Zander is reading too much into it.

Reading this again it also is giving me a thought about possible connection between Eldrick and Dice. Dice's statement could be read as TMI because he lists Zander and wolves separately. The connector doesn't join them either. 

Read it this way:

Cory: Who we lunchin?

Dice: Wolves

Dice: Zander

Dice: possibly both. 

Nowhere in this response is there the connection that Zander could be mafia. Initially I read this as Dice defending Z which it could still be. It is possible that is in fact Dice having a TMI town read on Z and that coloured his phrasing. That Eldrick is there basically defending Dice (whom he normally reads as mafia)  by trying to dismiss Zander's opinion on the statement. This is a weird stance for Eldrick IMO.

I'm also not saying THAT he's a wolf. It's obviously too early to tell. Voting him is as good as anyone else ATP (except for my previously mentioned town reads)

I believe this was about shad??? or maybe Zander. I'm really not sure and the context doesn't really make it clear to me so I will just say it is awkward. Possibly an attempt to give himself an out for any later vote.  

Well yea. I kinda do. When you are consistently wrong, you want to try something else.

This was after I noted his slotting based on previous failures was a poor way to go that I was saying was a means to in effect give himself a pass for bad votes this game. (i didn't really explain that very well at the time so I can understand if he was confused about it. 

I don't think ghost = scum

I'm a ghost too.

i haven't seen the whole movie, but are all ghosts bad ghosts?

I think Tsuki probably has this more right than not. It is assumed that ghosts are bad in this game I think. Therefore gaming the mod there is likely to be one good ghost (either as an actual character or as a safe fake claim) but not more than 1 IMO. 

@Laine

Lol I'll be making reads later once I reread these 8 pages. Just for you

Can you make reads for the rest of us too?

@dice

ithi theres currently two votes on me

How do you feel about those votes?

Hi again everyone! I´m now awake. Or something close to it. 

Eldrick, that is poor reasoning to make someone a wolf. Basically that he is a good wolf. I disagree with the idea of you being willing to trust someone else to tell you he is town before you are even willing to consider it. 

It is very early still but I will look at Shad. 

D1  yolo wolf team of Dice, Zander and Tsuki.  

Please explain the yolo team. Reasons?

Actually I'd like to know this myself. You recently touched base on dice and zander, but you haven't given any reason for Tsuki IIRC.

TBH, Tsuki is the most YOLO of the three. It is only the bold below. He acknowledges Dice claiming ghost but doesn't seem to want to pursue it in any meaningful way. 

alanna is new to me... Hate that opening, smells funky as hell...

dice claimed ghost *nods*... but claimed Townie ghost? O.o

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere

Turin is scum, because he married Ithi. Also, his favorite dessert is apparently Trifles... words are hard.

I think I am going to enjoy playing with Rey.

Teammates

Hi, BFG <3

The rest seems to be mostly meaningless banter with the possible exception of the Rey/Shad thing. Especially since dice is already "joke" voting Rey. 

Keeping this in mind as I am starting to think Shad could well be wolf here. Eldrick interactions with him seem odd.

I went back and Tsuki actually pings me but for another reason.

alanna is new to me... Hate that opening, smells funky as hell...

dice claimed ghost *nods*... but claimed Townie ghost? O.o

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere

Turin is scum, because he married Ithi. Also, his favorite dessert is apparently Trifles... words are hard.

I think I am going to enjoy playing with Rey.

Teammates

Hi, BFG <3

Now I'm silly AND funky :sad:

And emo

Don´t know where he is going with this. 

I just reread the whole thread. I didn't personally have an issue with Tsuki. Both of you apparently do, but neither are voting him. Interesting.

@Turin, your problem with him seems to be that he doesn't have a problem with dice soft claiming a ghost. I personally know this isn't an issue. As I have already mentioned, I am a town ghost. It must just be flavor.

@Niniel, I don't see what you're getting at. Can you explain?

Frankly, I find the fact that anyone has an actual read on anyone in under 10 pages, with almost NO game content posted to be complete bull... so I agree with you, but for a separate set of reasons.

unvote, vote Dice

I'm already starting to think you're town.

This is a good look for you. We both got a town read on the same person from the early game.

[unvote]

He unvotes of his own volition for something that shad did on thread. An easy read on a third player. Do you really think that Mafia!Shad can't make that read on early D1?  This inconsistent thought process from his earlier statement regarding Shad. It makes me feel the the initial vote was just a wolf shout out to a teammate. He has done this twice recently as mafia. And the third time that was mentioned in his defense was a game that he also knew who the wolves were. 

Eldrick has some things that don't really make sense to me. His slotting of Shad (with a "pressure" vote no less). The easy unvote against that statement without acknowledging that it was just initially wrong when he wasn't moving to someone better is weird. His treatment of Dice is also strange to me.  As was the defending of Dice's statements regarding Zander. Eldrick, Why did you think it was a joke? 

If on the very odd chance Zander is not mafia then I could very much see a mafia team of Dice, Eldrick, Shad working all around the Zander/Turin interaction. There is also a chance for Alanna/BFG to be that group but I would say that is lower. 

Zander, I'm not voting Rey or RTE today. If you have to choose between Dice and Eldrick who you voting?

#616 Zander do you think that you and Turin could be v/v and this is all just a result of rampant paranoia? Or are you convinced that Turin is scum based on his interactions with you on and off thread?

QT is still gameplay Zander. You are trying to just dismiss what happened there because it is inconvenient.

^one thing I can agree on.

I find it interesting that both are still sus of Dice.

@TURIN/ZANDER: How can you both believe that Dice is mafia and the other is also mafia? Does your read of Dice that not sway your read of your neighbor?

Its possible but Im not thinking it likely atp.  Theres a few things I want Turin to address and that may help me to re evaluate my read if necessary.

Turin and Dice cant be w/w iyo? 

Im actually not as confident on my Dice read, I feel worse about Turin and RTE atp/.

Zander, make me a concise one post list of questions you want answered and I will answer them. 

I have Dice mafia independent of my Zander read. The fact that Z was sus of Dice doesn't mean as much to me due to Z's bussing history. I would say that I am less likely to bus a mafia teammate than he is.  

The fact that Zander now is wavering on his Dice read in favor of someone else makes me doubt him tho. It feels more like it was initially just distancing as I know I'm town so I'm doubting that his other read is correct. It looks more like mafia pushing LHF.  That Dice, Shad and Eldrick are on the same page feels off to me also.  I doubt they could all be mafia but I could see the possibility of there being a symp in there someplace. The Tully character might even fit that role. 

Waiting for my homework. If you want more Eldrick quotes it will probably have to wait. I'm gonna hang out here for a bit.

Thank you, wanna see that please.

Interesting, what makes you think that he's not and why you think its more likely to come from Town!Tsu then Scum!Tsu?

Have you seen him do this as Town and or Scum before? 

If so which game (s)? I'd like to see it please.

Anyone else that may be familiar with Tsu please weigh in on this.

I've asked some questions Id like you to quote answer please.

Also about asking the Mod, I looked up and read the role and went from there.  You think the mod of the game is gonna tell me how to play or approach my role?  What would I gain from asking her that I wouldnt gain from reading the MafiaScum description?

Im really not following that.  Maybe its just me?

He hasn't played in a long time here so I don't have games. You should know I don't go back and dig up other games but I do keep memories of things. It might have been Sherlock Holmes game here in BT. Ironically I was a mason one way lover with the doc in that game. It caused a great deal of confusion. But basically Tsuki is a non-standard player and would consider it a valid play to fake claim cop as VT in this spot to draw the NK and protect the real cop. 

Different play style I can accept there. I generally ask the MOD first because the role may not play exactly as standard. Also I just Know Ithi would want you to be as informed about your role as possible. She wouldn't tell you how to play but she would make it clear about how the role worked and probably would have made sure you understood that no combination of alignments is implied by the name. 

Might just be that I know her better. I can excuse you for not going there I suppose. 

Archived