DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

Here are RTE's two actual content post. I think they don't look too bad at the present.  He is taking specific stances on the topics and players and giving his reasoning if not quotes for them. I do know that some people who play from phone use Email notification almost exclusively so that is a real thing IMO.

Okay, finally caught up! No email notifications, ugh :sad:

Anyways, thoughts:

So sad John left. He was my number 1 Town Read. So stronk. Hopefully Hallia follows suit (welcome!)

Eldrick looks town to me based on his interactions with Tsuki a while ago. Was very ready to vote Tsuki pre-claim. 

Speaking of claims!

In terms of Turin vs. Zander, I had a stronger town lean on Zander previously, but based on his actions in the QT and his subsequent attempt to defend himself, he comes across as the scummier of the two to me. If as he himself said, one of them is indeed not town, then I believe it is Zander who is scum of the two.

Not sure how I feel about Dice. Dice's meta doesn't ever really seem to help me one way or another. 

Town reads on Rey and Alanna. Null on BFG, Shad, and Niniel. After a Zander flip I'd move on to my null reads 

Vote Zander

He has taken positions on people. 

Ok caught up.

Two things strike me the most.

First Dice changing from we need to resolve Turin and Zander today to moving off both of them entirely. I believe Turin is town. If Zander was to flip town I would take a hard look at Dice next (and that answers your question about that that you've asked everyone).

Second, nothing Zander has done has given me reason to think he's town. His insistence to discredit QT content is just plain and simply not a town stance. He's been defensive more than reasonable. Finally I just don't understand him moving off Turin, regardless if it's to me or not. I don't buy that he's doing it because he doesn't see a Turin lynch happening when most of the rest of the game is trying to resolve their roles and alignment. How he doesn't see Turin as a viable lynch is beyond me, and especially if he is so adamant that he is scum, with extra information to go on based on a QT as well. That he attempts to start a new train entirely when his reasoning is that the Turin lynch won't happen and he ll do anything to stay alive doesn't make sense either. Then you'd think he'd have placed his vote on the second largest train, assuming he is a townie who would rather risk anyone else dying but himself. So to me he isn't doing what would make the most sense to save himself, when IIRC that was his reasoning for moving off Turin.

Lenlo has been posting well and I agree with most of what he's said. He's solid town for me right now. Dice is still null but definite scum lean for his stepping out of the Turin Zander voting. Hallia's posts don't look out of place and I had John as my strongest town read. Townie vibes for eldrick and shad. One thing I'm not following is the case on Rey. I'd like to see some new stuff from him but liked his past posts. I guess I had a really good feel about the tone of his posts but perhaps that in itself isn't enough at this point. That being said I'm not one to comment on contributing at this point. :wink:

Why does his idea that if Z flips town then dice needs looking at wrong? I don't think it was consensus at that time. 

He agrees with me about Z and with Niniel about Z moving off me. 

He disagrees with the Rey case (I do too so I guess that is something). 

I want more from him and/or some flips before I'm ready to vote there over my suspects (Z, Dice, Eldrick, Shad). 

I'm just not seeing the push here as being valid. RTE will become more obvious as time goes on. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about voting specific teammates, but I think he is referring to the last game, where he also referenced a previous game (2 games in the mention here) where I said early game to lynch the wolves.

@Turin

As for why I said what I did about those 2 players at the beginning of the game, they are the people in this game that I have a history of reading wrong.

I felt it was a good way to start the game to have a town read on dice, who I commonly misread as scum when he's town.

And I've already covered my trust issues with shad.

They weren't reads I was planning on sticking to all game. That's stupid. They were a good place to start, though.

my only power is my vote. 

would you rather i just meekly sit here and say plz lynch me? Sorry never gonna happen. especially when its stupid and people arnt considering options

A) the correct one   im town  leave me alone make the mafia waste a kill on me if they wanna get rid of a town vote

B) lynch me watch me flip town and KNOW you just purposely whittled ure numbers down for no real good reason

C) if you THAT worried about me lynch me before lylo

D) im  mafia    im not   but C takes care of that

One thing you should absolutely do   if people vote me make them give reasons. DONT accept test the claim  make them give actual REASONING so they can be held accountable for it

no. I do think there is a time to acknowledge that your lynch might be the best possible one for the day and keep working on who you really think is mafia. Especially since if what you are saying is correct then you will be town confirmed so we will know that your PoV does have a town mindset.  As to the options: 

You are almost never getting killed if you are in fact town because they know you will have to be resolved before lylo. So unfortunately you need to be resolved earlier than later. Lynch you means that you are confirmed one way or the other. Bonus is that if you are being honest then we get a confirmed unkillable voice.  How about you show us you are town and give a read list?

The first post doesn't have any new content. He is mentioning points that have already been discussed at length. His reads have almost no content.

Second post. The comment about dice moving away from you/Zander is the point I already made when it happened.

The point about zander moving off of you, but not onto dice is a good one, but I don't think he's the first one to mention it.

About your point about him saying to look at Dice if Zander flips town, it may not have been consensus, but I don't think it was original.

Which is really the crux of my issue with him. I don't think his content is original. He's saying stuff that sounds good and sounds like solving, but it's already been said, which is effectively agreeing with thread content. And I consider that scummy.

Eldrick, Additionally there was a direct vote for Thane (which was a true slip because you were thinking of him from seeing his name in the mafia QT).

Which is why it looks like a throwaway just there to show that you are thinking about people and why you are now town reading Shad... 

Eldrick, Additionally there was a direct vote for Thane (which was a true slip because you were thinking of him from seeing his name in the mafia QT).

Which is why it looks like a throwaway just there to show that you are thinking about people and why you are now town reading Shad...

I totally forgot about that.

I can assure you it wasn't a throwaway vote. It was a game starting point. I have liked his gameplay so far. He brings up a lot of points I agree with. My only issue with him is he isn't giving out reads on people.

I'm here now and going to dig up my Eldrick quotes. Just a few quick replies first.

I actually doubt Tsuki is the cop but I think him claiming it in this place is more likely to come from town!Tsuki than Mafia!Tsuki. So there is that. 

My opinion is my opinion. I think I'm right. that is my PoV. The entire game is based on giving your opinion on things AND on convincing others that your opinions make sense. Not because player X would do "this" as mafia and "that" as town based on meta because good players KNOW their meta and WILL abuse it. You are an example of that.

BFG asked why everyone seemed to fall on my side of the argument. My opinion is that frankly my stance makes a heck of a lot more sense than what you have said and done. You say that most of your "errors" (or my misunderstandings) are due to your unfamiliarity with the role. If you don't know you can ask the MOD. I know that she will try to help you understand your role if you are confused.  

Thank you, wanna see that please.

Interesting, what makes you think that he's not and why you think its more likely to come from Town!Tsu then Scum!Tsu?

Have you seen him do this as Town and or Scum before? 

If so which game (s)? I'd like to see it please.

Anyone else that may be familiar with Tsu please weigh in on this.

I've asked some questions Id like you to quote answer please.

Also about asking the Mod, I looked up and read the role and went from there.  You think the mod of the game is gonna tell me how to play or approach my role?  What would I gain from asking her that I wouldnt gain from reading the MafiaScum description?

Im really not following that.  Maybe its just me?

He hasn't played in a long time here so I don't have games. You should know I don't go back and dig up other games but I do keep memories of things. It might have been Sherlock Holmes game here in BT. Ironically I was a mason one way lover with the doc in that game. It caused a great deal of confusion. But basically Tsuki is a non-standard player and would consider it a valid play to fake claim cop as VT in this spot to draw the NK and protect the real cop. 

Different play style I can accept there. I generally ask the MOD first because the role may not play exactly as standard. Also I just Know Ithi would want you to be as informed about your role as possible. She wouldn't tell you how to play but she would make it clear about how the role worked and probably would have made sure you understood that no combination of alignments is implied by the name. 

Might just be that I know her better. I can excuse you for not going there I suppose. 

Im gonna say this the best I can so please dont be offended, but this post is garbage.

You make a statement that sounds like a Meta read on Tsu but you cant verify it, nor do you address my other questions about it. So youre just saying it for the sake of saying it.  Something concrete or past history related should have drawn you to that conclusion imo.

If you dont use Meta what makes you say he's a non standard player and how do you know what he's thinking or what he thinks is a valid play or not?

Also about the ask a Mod backtrack of yours.  It seems to me like youve been throwing a lot of shade my way.  And now that youre seeing the lynch may not be going my way youre backpedaling

Your opinion. I think that your entire QT effort if you are town is rubbish so okay. 

No. I'm telling you what I think. Disregard my input then if you don't like that I am not quoting games from probably +2 years ago. Have you ever seen me quote or even say I will go back and check from some other game. I either remember something or I don't. I may have actually opened up another game for info like 3-4 times in all the games I have played here.

Again, NO. I'm done talking about that because I don't want Ithi brought into it anymore than she was. I'm probably in trouble there already.

I'm not backpedalling at all. Your actions led me to suspect you. Your not out of my suspect list. I can see a way that you are town now mostly based on the way other people have reacted to our situation. I would still be fine with having you be today's lynch.  

Official Vote Count - Day 1

Zander (4/7): Turin, Rey, RTE, Niniel

Eldrick (1/7): Hallia

Rey (1/7): Dice

RTE (2/7): Zander, Shad

Dice (3/7): Lenlo, Eldrick, Alanna

Not voting (2): BFG, Tsuki

With 13 alive it takes 7 to achieve a majority Lynch.

Day 1 deadline is set for Wednesday 14 April @ 9 PM BST

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

Just under 32 hours to go.

Also lol at the multiple VCs. You're so helpful :)

Shad and some things with Dice and Eldrick

I'm feeling good about John so far. I hope it continues so I can start building my town core.

And as I said in my list of thought, I don't trust Shad.

[v]Shad[/v]

Haven't seen anything remotely scummy yet, and this is a good place to add some pressure IMO.

Would you say, dear Eldrick, that you are a superstitious Mafia player?  :tongue:

chummy. This pings some because of how Eldrick placed the vote.

Frankly, I find the fact that anyone has an actual read on anyone in under 10 pages, with almost NO game content posted to be complete bull... so I agree with you, but for a separate set of reasons.

unvote, vote Dice

I'm already starting to think you're town.

Quick town read for a Dice vote. feels like funny business.

Direct Replies

alanna is new to me... Hate that opening, smells funky as hell... - SERIOUS

dice claimed ghost *nods*... but claimed Townie ghost? O.o - SERIOUS

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere - SERIOUS

Turin is scum, because he married Ithi. Also, his favorite dessert is apparently Trifles... words are hard. - JOKRIOUS - Not Kidding... Turin is always scum until proven innocent - I remember that much :)

I think I am going to enjoy playing with Rey.

Teammates - SERIOUS

Hi, BFG <3 - SERIOUS

Turin wanted to know what was serious or joking... so here.
Allana comes in all cheerful-like, tell me about yourself, A/S/L like this is an AOL chat room. I don't like that, hence smells funky. Then she ignores it for 3-4 pages? Give me something to tunnel at.

@ Turin: Did not pursue ghost claim because I knew someone would pull an Eldrick... See below... 1 Townie ghost, maybe. 2?? Inconceivable... One of the two is shank-worthy.

Serious about Rey... me thinketh he protests too hard.

Again... Turin is scum until proven innocent. For 'reasons'... BUT, all jokes aside, I read Turin as Town atm due to year-old meta recollections... *shrug*

Serious - latch onto one insignificant slip up and catch the whole team. Was this the slip?

Serious - Duh

What is wrong about Laine's opening? It was a lighthearted way to start the game. To get to know the players she doesn't recognize.

Why is Turin scum until proven innocent to you?

What about Shad's comment makes you think it was a slip? It reads to me as liking another player's game so far, which is null.

This might seem a bit silly, but I don't really ever remember scum!Eldrick trying to discredit weak suspicions like this. He's not entirely aware as mafia of what the average town player would regard as a serious concern vs a trivial observation, and his scum game has never had much buddying to it either. More of a suss everyone and see what sticks approach, often peppered with TMI attempts to link towns to his scum mates. I really doubt he makes this post if he's w/w with Rey, and it's really not the sort of approach he takes as mafia in general.

This feels weird to me. Eldrick seems to be coming to Shad's defense here. Then Shad kind of thumb's ups Eldrick. All these things are adding up in my head to suggest  a connection between the three of them.

Not sure what to make of Turin yet, but Dice isn't bothering me.

I'm feeling spicy enough for early trains though.

[V]Tsukibana[/v]

Neutral sounding Dice support...

I don't agree with your reason on Dice, but I'm not sure what that means about youWe seemed to start off on the same page about him and then run off in opposite directions over time.

Bold: Dice defense

Italics: dismissive of Z's read in THIS game because it ALWAYS happens. 

If you're town start doing that thing where we make the same point simultaneously five or six times so I can scratch you off my list and move on with life.  Chop chop.

Did this happen? What does it say about you? What does it say about him? 

@Everyone If Zander flips town, what does this say about Turin? Is he scum for pushing this on Zander?

Meh.

The unlikelihood of Turin doing what he did as scum is real.

Doesn't mean scum don't do weird/stupid/illogical things.

There was a situation like this in a game I played on VS recently. Scum made a really really stupid claim. It was a stupid claim because it was destined to become obvious in time if the person was lying.

We say scum wouldn't do X because X has consequences.

When we ignore those consequences because scum wouldn't do X because X has consequences, then we lose in dramatically pathetic ways.

The role claimer in the VS game kept on living as her role became less and less probable and VTs who sussed her for it kept getting night killed instead of her.

Oh but scum wouldn't do X.

So she won.

Point being I wouldn't necessarily want to lynch Turin if Zander flips town, because I think scum wouldn't do what Turin did.

But FFS if Zander does turn out to be town and Turin's still alive at lylo with a piss poor game riding on nothing but this claim, don't make me hate all of you.

I think it is significant that Shad is responding to a one liner from Eldrick here and taking it to run a wild weird example of a bogeyman in our midst.  Everyone elese pretty much said No or Maybe. It seems a bit out of the style Shad has been posting with so far this game. most of his stuff has been short and factual where this is more like a cautionary fairy tale 

Bold.  I really doubt that I'm still alive by then regardless of Z's flip. This is a very weird thing to say at this point. Also quite a yarn you are spinning Shad. Also it sounds like you are working an angle to ensure we both get lynched. 

That was as much as I could get into one post. Sorry if it is long. Go ahead and ISO Shad and see where he interacts with Eldrick and Dice. 

Shad is solidly into my WTL. 

Present reads:

1. Turin: (Dana Barrett- Town Neighbor) TTtT
2. Eldrick: Mafia - I can see the interactions between the three of them  as being mafia(Dice, Shad, Eldrick). Also haven't liked some things about Eldrick individually. 
3. Niniel: null to town- A bit quiet still. I would like to hear more from her. somewhat troubled that I don't recall much of her stances.
4. Tsuki:(claimed Cop) town - I think the cop claim is more in line with his town game of trying to confuse mafia even tho I don't necessarily believe the claim, as does his somewhat unorthodox methodology. 
5. BFG: null - Disagreed with her reads earlier and wondering about the Z defense. Still not sure what it means. Will require reread. Somewhat concerned that I have questions because she is frequently a beacon of towny light.  
6. Zander:(Claimed Louis Tully-Town Neighbor)  Mafia/mixed- I know he is my neighbor And I was sure he was mafia for his early actions. Still not sold he is town. But the other three look like a better team so I'm a little knocked back. 
7. Dice:(Claimed Slimer- Town Treestump) Mafia/possible indy - I've said a lot already about what I think about him. I don't think I really buy the claim. I think that if he really is treestump and faced with a possible lynch he would be working harder to be town and less about people being stupid for suspecting him when he has been shady about some things.  
8. Lenlo: Town - Want more but good to this point.
9. Shad: Mafia- The entire web of soft cross defense with Dice and Eldrick feels like teammates. The biggest individual ping was his post about me "riding my claim" to late game. That is never happening and I'm town so it reads hollow to me.
10. Rey: slight town lean- mostly a feels thing also liked the way he dealt with dice about towny mindset.
11. John McClane Hallia : Town lean- Need more input. I now she says she is busy so giving some time.
12. RTE: Incomplete- maintain bigger fish to fry. He will become obvious one way or the other.
13. Alanna: More townish- in part for sticking to her guns regarding Zander. But it looks like she is working at the game. I can see her being on Tsuki for his play earlier because I think it would be foreign to her. 

Turin

Tsuki

Lenlo

Alanna

Hallia

Rey

Niniel

RTE

BFG

Dice/Shad/Eldrick/Zander

Feeling a bit at sea right now tho. 

Can someone who is scum reading Eldrick provide a case/reasons why you think he's scum, please?

I'm here and catching up for a few minutes before jumping in on school work.

I also currently want to stab things because apparently the tooth I got the root canal on in November is broken and definitely infected. No wonder I feel like someone is jabbing the inside of my mouth with a sharp object constantly :dry: 

ok so im sick of this

Hardclaim  Slimer Town Treestump

Oh great

i dont know the movie well enuff to speculate on ghosts

i know slimer  id automatically  take marshmellow as scum but i dont know the others

as for believing me we are NOT lynching me just to test it 

Good thing it wouldnt be for "just testing it"

right now mafia are sitting in their qt upset cause they cant shut me up even if they kill me i keep talking and am then confirmed  so lynching me is really stupid

Yeah, thats why. I disagree. It confirms you, you can keep talking and casing, and it proves ghosts can be town even if role claims are stupid.

i may have my voice but towns have a habit of ignoring treestump opinions.

plus if you lynch me i no longer count in town mafia amounts. you are just doing their work for them and lynching a townie

as for belief?? i ASKED for slimer remember? well i got it   along with an evil twist that is pure ithi   and you should know shes very capable of that lol

There hasnt been a game with a treestump in awhile, so I dont know where your getting that from

thats stupid eldrick

you want to rob town of an extra vote AND one that is effectively VT as far as mafia kills go.

either they kill me   wasting a shot   or they dont letting a claimed townie live to hunt them

Rob town of an extra vote? Dude everyone has a vote, yours is no more special or extra then anyone elses. Stop trying to tell it like that. Your arguments for not lynching all seem based on you believing your useless when dead, which simply isnt true.

thats WHY i said it zan  i shouldnt get lynched. add to that thast im trying to find scum and why the hell would you lynch me?

Thats not really gonna stop you from bneing lynched. Looks like this is a PR game, so were gonna have to lynch PRs.

Yes we do lose your vote but like Eld mentioned in the first post I quoted here, you'd be mod confirmed Town.

The Cop should always be checking me or Turin tonight. And the Doc protecting the Cop if no CC.

If no CC on the Cop starting D2 we'd have 2 Confirmed Townies (You and the Cop) along with my confirmed Town read or Turin confirmed one way or the other.

And whoever between me and Turin who was confirmed Town would only have to be looked at if theres no GF flip as the game proceeds as you guys mentioned that one of us could have an additional role.

Your lynch would also ensure the Doc would not be possibly mislynched and have to Claim.

I think we'd be in pretty good shape.

Is my logic flawed here?

yes   how about we lynch mafia instead. that IS possible you know.

lynching me is intentionally throwing away a town vote

And what if we think we are lynching you? All of your defense so far has been crap, dependent on a role that isnt provable unless you die and if you die doesnt really lose town all that much.

my only power is my vote. 

would you rather i just meekly sit here and say plz lynch me? Sorry never gonna happen. especially when its stupid and people arnt considering options

A) the correct one   im town  leave me alone make the mafia waste a kill on me if they wanna get rid of a town vote

B) lynch me watch me flip town and KNOW you just purposely whittled ure numbers down for no real good reason

C) if you THAT worried about me lynch me before lylo

D) im  mafia    im not   but C takes care of that

One thing you should absolutely do   if people vote me make them give reasons. DONT accept test the claim  make them give actual REASONING so they can be held accountable for it

Thats assuming the wolves bother to kill you. Why would they? They have bigger fish to fry, your just a VT to them basically. Your acting like they /have/ to kill you for your role but they dont. Your the same dead or alive to them.

As for KNOWING, sure if your town thats obvious to you. But we all dont see your PM so we dont KNOW jack. And this argument is could be used by anyone we could lynch, its not unique to you.

Len, are you up to date? 

Do you have any updated thoughts on Zander? 

I decided to let night actions/time sort out you and Z. Your slot is town to me regardless of how the rest goes down short of a cop view with a scum result. Zanders slot is wolfy, but theres something nibbling at me telling me to slow my roll there so thats what im gonna do. We can always lynch him later.

your wrong here shad. i played a game with 5 teams 1 scum in each of 4 teams all with qts. I HAD to post in there and be as Townie as possible in order to gather info AND hopefully vet myself to some real townies.

So scum should ABSOLUTELY be posting in that neighbour thread BUT  what a good scum WOULDNT do is post under a fake name then give that away. Thats town paranoia to me.

You're not reading it right. The starting premise is if Zander is scum and believes that neighbors are necessarily w/v.

#997 Hally I don't like this post. I make one comment about his gullability and you jump on his vote. Can you give me more on Eldrick?

#1000 Agree with Shad on Eldrick's villagery-ness. ++ I feel like Shad has been townish, too, even if a little quiet. But that's easily because he's in multiple games. I'm not sure I can be totally confident in that read on Shad yet though.

Because only town PR/3rd party panics, IMO. If he is vanilla, then his death would help town more than scum (give us smaller pool, we'd pay greater attention to those pushing him, etc.). If he was vanilla, he still wins, dead or not, if town wins. Town should never panic 'But I don't wanna die!'... and I get that sense from him. He doesn't want to die, which says PR or 3rd Party to me... (Not that I am saying town doesn't defend themselves)

Make sense?

You think that town, or even vanilla town doesn't have self preservation? Especially with as long a day as this is, any VT or PR town would fight a lynch and push it on someone they believe is more likely to be scum. You're completely omitting that part in your conclusion. What you're basically saying is that Vanillas should give up and accept a lynch because at least town could still win. The problem is: we still need their number. And we can still gain info, AND they have a better POV from being the lynchee than we do being the lynchers. They KNOW they're town, they're going to work all the harder to find and bag a scum. I think that generally town fights harder than mafia. After all, scum knows they're guilty lol

Shad I want you to look at my point in my last post irt Zander as scum, and how he would act in QT. Let me know what you think irt his character?

I'm not sure exactly what scenario you're asking about? If Zander is scum and believes neighbors are always v/w, he wouldn't post in the thread at all. No scum would post in the thread at all. That's the equivalent of forwarding a random town your scum role PM.

I'm guessing that's not what you're asking me and I misunderstood you.

I think the quote I was pointing out got lost in all the stuff. My question was on Zander's character. This could go one of two ways with wolf!Zander: he enters the QT with townie-ness shining, trying to get Turin on his side (assuming v/v possibility), or he doesn't post at all (assuming w/v mis-knowledge).  I don't see where Zander would post in the QT as scum, with a different name. I see that from TOWN Zander, exercising paranoia, but not scum Zander. Go big or go home, imo

Niniel is off my radar and that worries me. Thoughts for later.

#616 Zander do you think that you and Turin could be v/v and this is all just a result of rampant paranoia? Or are you convinced that Turin is scum based on his interactions with you on and off thread?

I find it interesting that both are still sus of Dice.
@TURIN/ZANDER: How can you both believe that Dice is mafia and the other is also mafia? Does your read of Dice that not sway your read of your neighbor?

Its possible but Im not thinking it likely atp. Theres a few things I want Turin to address and that may help me to re evaluate my read if necessary.

Turin and Dice cant be w/w iyo?

Im actually not as confident on my Dice read, I feel worse about Turin and RTE atp/.

I'm not saying they CAN'T be w/w, but I would think that logically from both you and Turin, that that doesn't make sense. If you're town and you think Turin is mafia, yet Turin called out Dice as mafia in your QT. If Turin is town and thinks YOU are mafia, he sees you attacking Dice as mafia. Logically it doesn't make sense that both of you can think that both the other and Dice are mafia at the same time.

Thank you for your answers on this page, btw.

/pausing top of 53

Archived