DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tarmon Gai´don Mafia Part 1 - Tel´aran´rhiod

Niniel

Well I'm happy that the right decision was made here.

This definitely makes me more suspicious of RTE, and I'm going to be giving a hard look at Rhea as well.

Hallia is pretty much cleared in my book after hammering in the nick of time. If that was a ploy it was brilliant, but to me it seemed to be a pretty good sign she isn't scum.

I'm happy I got my man. It didn't seem like it was going to happen D1, but looks like it did after all.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, if two people have the same amount of votes, and are in the lead, I will let my dice decide who will die. 

I have the POOOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!

RHEA does not have time to expound on anything right now. Look guys...I'm playing crappy so far this game and I apologize. I get that but please understand I'm quite stretched IRL this week and I thought "Hey this is going to be an "easy" game". I should know better! LOL Anyway, I hoped that I would be able to keep up better, but that hasn't been the case so far. I'm trying but I'm rushing through every post and I'm just not making myself look very good. If you want me replaced please ask, otherwise bear with me!

Right now I do not have time to ISO. You all want specifics for my reads but I'm sorry you aren't going to get them before the deadline. I worked late yesterday, I had a dinner meeting after work (including booze!). Then I had to do homework until very late which wasn't good after drinking. I am back at work now and until I have time to look at this over this weekend I won't be able to spend the time I need to read and make my thoughts clear. If you've played with me before you should know that I mostly play by my gut and as I've said many times I hate WoT. I don't do a lot of quoting. 

I'm typing super fast because I only have like 5 min to get this in. So...

[v]Talmanes[/v]

I'm not going to explain much because I don't have time, but this is the only chance I'm going to have to vote before the deadline. There are two trains, I think Tal is the scummier of the two based on what I have been able to read and what others have said.

Pick it apart all you like. It is what it is. I will be back on tomorrow. My life is insane.

Rhea out!

I want to hear an explanation from you on this read list in like ure first post. otherwise guess where my vote is going?

What are your thoughts on the trains?

I think Rhea and Tamanes are activity lynches. I wouldn't advocate against either lynch.

Zander's post 616 is exactly why I've been reluctant to call him scum. Though that is also potentially a TMI slip.

I just can't get past the AJ stuff. I realize you guys think that carried on way too long and it did. But it carried on that long because he kept changing his story to stuff that could conceivably be possible if you don't look too closely. If you actually examine, though> He's doing a LOT of double talk. I don't like it.

Right now I wanna smack both you and Aj's heads together. I feel like this is a throwback to ages ago with you two going each other and both being town.

*wipes brow*

Panicked for a second there that we were about to lynch the cop

me too.

Old reads list

Townie read

Hallia - in line with her townie posts and involvement. Strongest town read I have so far

Townie lean, still null

Yates - feeling better about you now that you are digging into the game.  

Verbal - I want to put you in my town pile, but I need just a little bit more from you. You are almost there, honey. 

Ley - trending up, liking the way he's been with RTE

Dice - like his post with his vote on Talmanes, hoping to continue to see this from Dice

Firmly Null

Rhea - reservations still. Didn't like the vote on Hallia and the easy unvote. Watching for now. 

Seph BFG - [seph] less awkward than previously seen at the start, still null, waiting for BFG to really get into the game. 

Eh on the lower side of the null pile

Talmanes - I initially liked his posts, but his change to RTE from Zander felt a bit awkward, so he's trending down 

Zander - not sure if I'm going to have a very good read of Zander. Watching for a couple things I saw when I was mentoring Talya and it's too early to see if they've been hit. Not getting the best vibes from his list or interactions with Yates yesterday. 

AJ - Starting to get a bit sketched out by AJ's postings. 

RTE - Still not thrilled with his postings, if he's town I really wish he'd step it up and work towards getting out of his lynch

New reads list

Townies

Verb
Hallia
Dice

Townies lite

BFG
Talmanes
Ley

Could move up or down

Yates
AJ
RTE

Scummy

Rhea

I find it scary how much I agree with you. Would put you in Town and would make the bottom two groups together as the "scummy" group, and maybe put Verb one lower, but maybe not.

In Darthe's game when I was mentoring Talya, Zander was constantly trying to bus her and was clearing Laine as town. I pulled his lists and where he's mentioned alignment in posts. 

AJ is mentioned first and most confidently as town throughout D1 for Zander. Yates and RTE were mostly near the bottom of his lists the entire time. RTE started out null and quickly moved down. Interesting note: RTE was the only one mentioned as null. *If* I were cop, I'd be viewing AJ or RTE tonight. 

Oh. Townie Leelou pokes out her head, me likes.

say what???

123391.jpg

pretty GOAT

Still really isn't much to post about. I like Spam as much as any BTer but Day 1 and spam equals nothing to go on.

If we don't get any real before too long content then I'll start operating under the assumption that someone is purposely trying to derail the game.

You could probably starting working under that assumption already.

Why not lead the charge yourself if you think the game is going nowhere?

I agree with the 2nd and im liking AJ thus far.  engaging the thread.

Because he was posting elsewhere instead of in here at that time.

Fair enough.

Who do you think it's normal for?

stuffs like this as well.

@Andrej - Verb especially, as I've seen many a spiderman thread when he is around. I don't know Yates, and he's been the other biggest spammer.
Leelou has done a bit but seems to already be getting serious which is normal from what I remember of her play style. Hallia I know somewhat and her behavior seems normal as well so far, based on seeing her around in the BT a fair amount.
Honestly if you weren't already getting down to business I'd be suspicious of you, as you generally get serious very quickly if memory serves.
So to put it all out there right now by default Yates is on my radar simply because of the spam and the fact I don't know him well enough to know if it's regular posting or an intentional derail.
There are still a few who have done little to no posting and so I'd like to see more of everyone before making any harder judgements.

anyone got any meta on Talmanes...i feel like his posts come off genuine calm and concise.  i may welcome you into my town.

Andrej is town.

Also [unvote] because it's time we get this game started.

the game had already started and you did nothing atp.  why state this...trying too hard to town...??

Even for a BT game surprisingly little content thus far but we all need to start somewhere.

Two people who stand out most to me so far are Ley and Hallia. 

Oh. Townie Leelou pokes out her head, me likes.

Hallia is trying too hard to look townie and has been doing some buddying and cheerleading so far. Too safe, too "pro-town".

Ley is playing way too safe for his usual style. Too reserved, conservative, and logical. He's not being as bold or on edge as usual. Seems fake.

Of the two, I'm going to Unvote. Vote Ley.

anyone else wanna chime in on this please?

Trying to draw me out isn't going to work, RTE. It doesn't take a lot of reading to realize that, actually, I belong to a minority that has already made a game-related post.

Also, I always attempt to be logical. Is that really not clear, with how I tend to make lists and keep all options open and everything?

Okay. I'll do my best to change that feeling for you. I do believe though, that you have pushed me several times the last few games, while I ended up town every single time. So, maybe, time to reevaluate.

seems pretty defensive here.

That's fair. Guess you haven't been mafia in a while, basing it on my feeling of your gameplay. I just think when you play more carefully and restrained, I link that caution to you being scum. In past games I probably held on for too long as you probably showed me enough to prove otherwise. But not the case yet this game.

you seem very confident about this read RTE.

I do remember though, that the time you pushed me the hardest, you actually were mafia...

Not trying any OMGUS or anything, it's just something that popped in my head after I'd already gone back to what I was doing.

gross

Townish:

AJ

Talamanes

...maybe Leelou

Null:

RTE

Wolfish

Yates

Seph

Ley

Rest: undecided

Can everyone post a reads list please before my lynch?

meh.

Why do you give up so easily? If you are town, you should be doing everything you can to make sure you don't get lynched, because you are for certain a mislynch, while someone else might be mafia. (yes, I know, later on that sometimes changes, but on Day 1 certainly not)

I don't really have an exact reads list yet, because I base D1 reads mostly off of general feelings, but I think it'd be this order, from town to mafia:

Leelou

AJ

BFG

Verbal

Hallia

Dice

Zander

Yates

Talmanes

RTE

It's all very close, though. From "town side of null" to "scum side of null", basically, and most could move up or down one or two places.

REALLY???!!!!......

Because you've all put your eggs in one (wrong) basket and there is nothing close to a viable competing trains. At least if everyone gives a reads list go from there after my lynch. 

meh...

Long story short:
RTE is probably just an easy mislynch.
Leelou is probably Town.
AJ is probably scum trying to pocket her.
AJ is probably scum with Talmanes.

well he seems to have already given up....

Gross

Gross

[unvote]
Thanks Rhea, I feel better about you now.

:happy:

Now, back to RTE. It seems he was content to fade into the background.

Come back?

ummmm i dont get it....really??  how so.

My reads from town to scum...

Leelou
BFG
Yates
Verbal
RTE
Hallia
Dice
Zander
AJ
Talmanes

If I had BFG at the top then I would understand. I think a big deal is being made out of nothing. 

Top of the list is town

Middle is Null

Bottom is scum. 

Does that help clarify?

Not really.

And technically, BFG is at the top of your list.

There's really no way to differentiate where the top/middle/bottom starts or ends.

Some actual thought or reasonings behind the order would help.

cant hate this at all...lololololololol

AJ my top town read thus far.

Too many quotes, so pt 2 next. 

Pt 2

Townish:

AJ
Talamanes
...maybe Leelou

Null:

RTE

Wolfish

Yates
Seph
Ley

Rest: undecided

???

Your town reads are ok with what you've posted, but I don't understand the rest from what you've posted, except maybe Ley. Can you explain more?

So to put it all out there right now by default Yates is on my radar simply because of the spam and the fact I don't know him well enough to know if it's regular posting or an intentional derail.

Let me assuage your fears, since you missed the post where I spelled it out for you. It's an intentional derail. I was trying to intentionally derail the spidey meme in advance. You're welcome.

Also, I like playing with myself as much as the next guy but not in internet games. You don't get to accuse me of being spammy when the intent of my spam was clearly stated and I was the only one playing the game at the time.

To that end, what was I derailing? I was the only one laying any tracks...

I think reading this out of sequence isn't helping understand it  :dry:

I agree that I don't think you were derailing anything at the time, but I don't understand the thought process behind derailing a Spidery thread by posting Spidey pics??? And I think this last is one of the points AJ is saying/asking?

RTE- Is null to wolfish now for 2 things imo: it was being a sith and speaking in absolutes about Ley' alignment and is well give me some read lists before i die post

Yates= ive touched on mostly a push based on a couple of little things that pinged me a bit,  and afterwards his defensiveness is still sitting uneasy with me.

Seph- Dude always seems scummy to me. will re evaluate now with you there.

I am not scum. Those were my impressions at a time when most people weren't giving any. I wanted to get a conversation and gauge a reaction from Ley based on my vote. I think both of these things happen.

I think Yates is town here as is Zander. I understand that people who haven't played with him would be wary but his play thus far looks town to me.

I find it notoriously difficult to read Hallia. But I do think her early posts looked like someone trying to look very town. This isn't unlike her usual play but it doesn't mean I am not wary of her in most games.

I wanted to prod Ley a bit and see what happened. His game was very clean thus far and he was less emotional and reactive than usual. I liked how he responded to me.

Verbal is a null for me so I'm wary. I don't play with Leelou enough but I know she is experienced and have played with her before. Won't be able to read her until later.

Rhea looks town here. Talmanes I haven't played with yet. Excited to see what BFG brings to the table. Saw nothing noteworthy from Seph.

Unvote

Your scum team. What is it?

Also, how do you manage to not have the unvote bolded when it's as easy as [ unvote ]?

@Talmanes: It's a hybrid hammer, there's no need to consolidate. The longest train is lynched, majority or not.

really??

Trying to draw me out isn't going to work, RTE. It doesn't take a lot of reading to realize that, actually, I belong to a minority that has already made a game-related post.

Interesting that this was your first impression of the vote. Why is that?

That's fair. Guess you haven't been mafia in a while, basing it on my feeling of your gameplay. I just think when you play more carefully and restrained, I link that caution to you being scum. In past games I probably held on for too long as you probably showed me enough to prove otherwise. But not the case yet this game.

Not sure how you're getting that he was playing carefully or restrained at the point you voted him, or how you would expect him to change your viewpoint based on the content he's provided.

RTE typical gameplay from what I've seen. 

What was typical about it?

People in the game who are not me.

Dicey imo

Probably.

stuffs like this as well.

"I love me some me."

:wub:

Let me assuage your fears, since you missed the post where I spelled it out for you. It's an intentional derail. I was trying to intentionally derail the spidey meme in advance. You're welcome.

That's not the way it looked to me when your follow through was Batman pics and more Spidey memes.

Oh and @ Andrej - I believe you were in the last game I played, quite a while ago. I've also seen a lot of you around the BT to know some of your style.

I think I remember now. Time's Once Upon a Time game? You were mafia, iirc.

I can get people that have never played with me maybe thinking that was a weird or "opportunistic" push. But I expect people like you, AJ, Zander, Verb, and even Seph himself to know my game better than that.

Personally, I don't really have much reason to be town reading you yet.

Also, I'm not sure why you're asking Seph for his interpretation when that has nothing to do with Leelou's POV.

These reads look totally made up to me. Like, it's CRAZY how made up they look.

Have to agree here though. I don't see how he came to those conclusions based on such little real content.

It's my early impressions. Wanted to help get the game started. Over 100 posts and almost none were gameplay. So I put my thoughts out there. I stand by those impressions. 

Meh.

I'm getting a little sad about the implications of this post and the direction I can clearly see you going in.

I wouldn't mind you expanding on this a little.

what do you think Yates?

i wanted a reaction and i got one.

have i voted you?  that should tell anyone who has played with me something there...

What reaction were you looking for/got and what do you think it means regarding Yates?

would NOT have. Would NOT have expected to put me there.

Why? Do you feel up to that point there was any reason to be putting you anything other than null? Or town, more specifically?

His reaction to what kinda pinged me a bit and a little pressure.  tbh i thought he was a little too defensive. not in my town pile atp.

If I had BFG at the top then I would understand. I think a big deal is being made out of nothing. 

Top of the list is town

Middle is Null

Bottom is scum. 

Does that help clarify?

I'm not voting till I get home and actually take the time to pick this apart. Things may change after that!

You guys are seriously going to get me written up!

No it doesnt

My reads from town to scum...

Leelou
BFG
Yates
Verbal
RTE
Hallia
Dice
Zander
AJ
Talmanes

stole aJs quote cause it had the list in it.

@Rhea   the Bold reads as this is your reads list IN ORDER. Thus id like to know why people are where they are.

Would appreciate it if you could clearly show who the nulls are

Dice is welcome into my town list.

Ok listen I don't want to die without having put in a solid effort. Can people please re ask me their questions and I will reply tomorrow morning? BFG you are fine, yours are recent enough.

And you happen to have become excellent at reading me... Hope I'm not mafia with you soon

meh im not liking these type of posts.  get after it man.  what are your reads?

Pt 3

alright: still some time left:

PoE-

Rhea- Ive touched on this i find her read list especially weird with the BFG read and "explanation/justification"

RTE- ive touched on this though tbf i havent hated his posts since

Yates- *le sigh* Yates i love but i think hes been overly defensive this game at least imo.  i think his reaction to MY prod was off as Yates knows how i carry on with jokes and such. but with that said he has made solid points but my gut wont clear him.  not a d1 lynch anyways.

[v] Rhea [/v]

lets get this party started!!!

Screw it. I'm going with my gut.

[v]AJ[/v]

AJ not scum imo brother.

Screw it. I'm going with my gut.

[v]AJ[/v]

AJ not scum imo brother.

Top 3 scum. Go.

Rhea

RTE

TBH You

[v]Rhea[/v]

I don't even feel great about it.  But I'd feel less bad being wrong about her than being wrong about Zander.

Not that it means anything at this point

[v]Zander[/v]

Not that it means anything at this point

[v]Zander[/v]

this is over a parked vote on ley???.......seriously.....after dice confirms his meta after i asked someone to he stopped a major sus after i re-read.

i list who i suss afterwards and switched afterwards.  i didnt unvote....come on...maybe if it was there through DL and he was yo flip town

this is weak.

dont make me do something stupid on D1....

If this means anything?

fishing eh...

HARDCLAIM Moghedien TOWN COP

[v] Zander [/v]

[unvote]

[v]Talmame[/v]

Scratch that [unvote]

I don't believe you

[unvote]

[v]Rhea[/v]

Also, interesting series of votes. It's quite possible Rhea isn't scum, but still not ready to clear her. 

@Leelou:

Does this look like scum talking to scum to you?

@Zander - Consider this post a conditional vote on you. Feel like adding to the discussion, bro?

why me man?  think abou itt....in what world what i as "scum" start "suss" you early day 1 and risk bringing that heat on me...

answer none

That's absolutely a TMI slip, imo.

@Leelou:

Does this look like scum talking to scum to you?

@Zander - Consider this post a conditional vote on you. Feel like adding to the discussion, bro?

why me man?  think abou itt....in what world what i as "scum" start "suss" you early day 1 and risk bringing that heat on me...

answer none

That's absolutely a TMI slip, imo.

Oh, I'm about to go through your ISO. 

EBWOP - Make that; RTE, Ley, Rhea, Talmanes. I'd make a list and random.org it. But I don't know Rhea or Talmanes so... maybe they will give me more content to make themselves easier to read??

Eh, I wouldn't bother with Ley or Talmanes N1. 

AJ wasn't the first person to call you out on the spam and possible derail, it was Talmanes. You made one post on the matter and then moved on. Interesting comment on Talmanes' vote on Zander as well. 

That's not really my style of play. I try not to lead a crusade against someone unless I have something to go on.

So you are afraid to shake trees and see what falls out? Noted.

Let me assuage your fears, since you missed the post where I spelled it out for you. It's an intentional derail. I was trying to intentionally derail the spidey meme in advance. You're welcome.

Also, I like playing with myself as much as the next guy but not in internet games. You don't get to accuse me of being spammy when the intent of my spam was clearly stated and I was the only one playing the game at the time.

To that end, what was I derailing? I was the only one laying any tracks...

Not at all, I just don't go around shaking every single tree. First I decide if I think there is anything there too fall out.

Moving on:

[v] Zander [/v]

Out of nowhere you flood the game with halfway coherent halfway spam posts. I already stated I was looking for signs of a potential derail, and you've fulfilled it. You included just enough content to try and ward off suspicion, then started a bandwagon based on someone's opinion, despite the fact that you openly asked for input to back RTEs assumptions.

Let seems normal as can be to me, and I've been around him a long time. It seems to me that RTE may be trying to put suspicion on Ley, and have Zander start the bandwagon. Those two are in my short list.

Out of nowhere you flood the game with halfway coherent halfway spam posts. I already stated I was looking for signs of a potential derail, and you've fulfilled it. You included just enough content to try and ward off suspicion, then started a bandwagon based on someone's opinion, despite the fact that you openly asked for input to back RTEs assumptions.

I don't know if I agree with the conclusion yet but I like the process. Proved me wrong! lol

You do you.

THEN you start to make a fuss at me over the Seph thing. Starts here.  

You question RTE on his read on Hallia and Ley 

You softly question Zander and that lasts for a short time, then you give him another chance

Here you aren't expecting to be near the bottom of lists

And you go back to questioning me, and ends here

Then you start in on your arguement with AJ that goes from here to here

Along the way, you throw some dirt on Hallia

Then there was this ending sequence of posts before Zander was lynched

I'm getting a generally uneasy feeling. Not enough to call you outright scum, but also not getting enough good vibes to move you up on my list. I think I'd add you to my view list. 

Archived