DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

British Monarchy Mafia- Game Over, Town Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

I agree with you on Laine. She has really gone all game-solvey lately, and I like it.

People have mentioned that JS disappeared after his big LLL reveal, and that it doesn't lokk good. I'm tending to agree. He makes a big deal about people being active, and then doesn't do it himself. Hypocrite, much?

I see what you're saying about Zander. If I was scum, it would look bad for him. Being I'm not, how does he look without the link to me?

Are you asking me what my current thought on him are? Because I really didn't have much to say about him last time I was on, and he has since flipped scum. Not exactly sure what you're getting at here.

I liked Heart's early game. Can't remember her most recent play. I'll have to go look.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eld.. Not sure what you mean about Zander flipping scum?

As for Zander I need to go through his posts again, it was more to with how he was posting. If you are town, it still doesn't look too good to be pushing someone else so hard when there is a train going on a wolf.

Eld.. Not sure what you mean about Zander flipping scum?

As for Zander I need to go through his posts again, it was more to with how he was posting. If you are town, it still doesn't look too good to be pushing someone else so hard when there is a train going on a wolf.

I don't follow your reasoning. I didn't know he was a wolf. I still think dice is. He hasn't convinced me otherwise, and is outright refusing to work with me (see the lack of reads)

Excellent! I will also take a look at this later on but I usually don´t do much during the nights. 

I think this shows that Pral and Hally are town. I don´t think they would vote someone that have just returned to mafia and then just leave their votes there. No reason for bussing someone like that. 

@Laine - I see what you mean about Zander. I guess it´s like me and Sili. I think I´m fairly good at finding out his alignment but that doesn´t mean I will follow him even if he is town. 

So now that we have a character flip (and a mafia one at that!) I did a bit of research, and pulled up the wikipedia page on King George IV

His charm and culture earned him the title "the first gentleman of England", but his poor relationship with both his father and his wife, Caroline of Brunswick, and his dissolute way of life, earned him the contempt of the people and dimmed the prestige of the monarchy. He even forbade Caroline to attend his coronation and introduced the unpopular Pains and Penalties Bill in a desperate, unsuccessful attempt to divorce her.

For most of George's regency and reign, Lord Liverpool controlled the government as Prime Minister, with little help from George. His ministers found his behaviour selfish, unreliable and irresponsible. At all times he was much under the influence of favourites.[1] Taxpayers were angry at his wasteful spending at a time when Britons were fighting in the Napoleonic Wars.

So, as far as I can tell, Time did try to match the alignments to the characters. Good to know, in case people character reveal (The reason for my early post that got treated as me looking for safe fake claims)

Nice.

Now, to read the whole thread and look at specific stuff. 

Wonderful, now I think I have a small town core of Hallia and JS. Yes, I am sure JS is town. The whole reason why I caught LoTD as scum was because he was opportunistic in trying to get JS lynched when he was a bit silent. He voted JS when he was getting heat and it did not seem like a bus at all. I am kind of convinced JS is town here. 

@ alanna

I didn't like js interaction with hallia on day 1, it felt like he was trying to twist the situation to make her look worse.

His vote/unvote on zander. and his unvote felt more like a eject more than anything.

[unvote] regarding Zander's new meta

Unvote is for a completely different reason than the vote.

Re reading a few pages, and catching up!

Well since you guys are unable to scumhunt if I'm not ITT, I'll just shoot all my work and planning to heck.

was waiting from Pralaya. Definitely dodging thread at this point. Was on at 1 pm yesterday, and 10 pm again. Nothing to say in thread. 

So here goes. What I was doing this game. 

First off, I'm not a vig. I lied. I was kickstarting the game, and seeing who posted differently than normal (see also: my vote on Zander). I wanted to see who was just going to try to fluff their content to not get vigged. 

And that was all I was going to do. And then Pral claimed vig. And didn't vote me. Which I thought was weird as hell. 

But you know, I thought, heck let's see where this goes. And Pral's good with my claim. Which is really weird.

So I decided to spend the rest of the day trying to read Pral. My best plan was to see how Pral reacted to me playing poorly. 
I also wanted to see Pral's reaction to the mason thing. Also, I'm not a mason with Pral. FYI. Not even slightly. 

See, it's a solid play as a GF to fakeclaim vig. It's irrefutable. Other than the days you want to "vig" you have your team submit the kills. So I was guessing that Pral might be doing that. 

Instead Pral has dodged thread. Intentionally and consistently. (Protip: If you want to dodge thread, set your status to always show offline). Now while this isn't the most scummy thing Pral could do, it's the best play for a scum to do. Let the train on me ramp up, let town kill their vig, and get vetted by a townie death. And lose nothing. 

So that's my thought process. Any questions?

Also Pral obvscum imo. [unvote] [v]Pral[/v]

Red - to me it seems like your plan, got one read off of it, and the fact that you think no one else is scumhunting without you, is pretty laughable.

Blue - all you did was derail the town with this play john. And regarding zander, you did not vote him because of his post count. You voted him for phrasing, or context of his vote. You unvoted him because of his post count...

Green-errr so you played poorly on purpose?? This just feels like a excuse...

Here is to hoping my colors work on my phone..
[V] John snow [/v]

I don't know if there's a LD in this game either, but it doesn't hurt to help them if they are here. Everyone proclaim your towniness!

I am town.

I am not sure how I missed this, but everyone who hasn't should do so.
I am town

After 24 hours he pops back into the thread with this below.

I will here notbob.
I have been waiting hours now for js to get back to me. He pops in the thread for the first time in 24 hrs and this is all he has to say...

I need to do some ISO's to see how I feel about everything. 

80% sure dawn's town, I'll ISO to double check. 

[unvote] since Pray lynch isn't a thing. FTR when Pray flips maf I told you so.

These last two are difficult for me to read because of the flip, and Lotd's iso.

either js was trying to save a teammate, or he was the only one town reading lotd, and sticking to his guns.

I'd sooner see Eldrick lynched than LotD. I'm 95% sure LotD's town. 

Oh, hey, we still have 1 more hour. Thought we didn't have time. 

[v]Eldrick[/v]

These are all of lotd's posts towards snow, and I am leaving the readslist outside the spoiler.

so far? John Snow has been acting odd, claiming vig, and then throwing his vote around, it feels like he's trying to provoke something, and of course him not really defending himself all that well. im honestly leaning towards him a bit, but i'm taking a bit of a wait and see approach. get more of a feel for things you know?

im still leaning towards JS, but i i do agree with zander, i think we should wait on JS' answer, if he defends himself poorly, again, then i think we have our answer honestly.

Okay. I have read the whole thread now. The post I thought about was one of Seph´s posts but now that I read it it didn´t look wrong to me at all.

Things that I noticed:

Snow and Pral - yes, it looked coordinated. They claimed vigs 8 minutes appart. I have no idea what to do about them. I can see Snow trying to get reactions from claim and votes but I have no idea what Pral is doing. He definitely looks like he has some information that we haven´t.

Hally - I think her initial reaction was pretty normal. I would have expected some kind of argument from two people claiming that way at first. I wouldn´t say Talya is lock clear but her town reads looks like mine.

Razen - I really like his posting and get a strong town feeling from him. He points out the right things. I like his read on Zander.

Seph - I like his posting as well and think he is pointing out good things.

Eldrick - I don´t know what I think about most of his posts but it was good to point out that Seph said it was an advanced game where it doesn´t say it anywhere. I don´t know if it really says anything about Seph´s alignment but it was good of Eldrick to see it.

Zander - I have a hard time to read Zander. When is he joking? When is he not? Why make a serious vote with a non serious reason? Didn´t like #178 where he said that Snow should worry about not getting himself hanged or something like that. It´s like he is too confident, which I often (but not always) connect with mafia. He questioned my one post like he was doing something meaningful. I also don´t like the post about it being one mafia among Talya/Hally/Snow/Pral. I´m not sure if I´m having a hard time reading Zander and that makes me look at his posts in a certain way but he is the closest thing I have to a mafia read right now.

Laine - seems to defend Zander´s way of posting. Not much else.

LotD - very strange to ask others to fill in and base decisions on that. I get that he want to wait and see but why hope for others to tell him what happend. How could he base decisions on that? Weird.

Dice - after all of what has happened he voted Zander for posting in caps lock? Is it some kind of joke that I don´t get? Felt weird.

[v] Zander [/v]

I´ll be back later.

okay just defending myself on that one, it was a late night, and i was in the middle of studying for my EMT National, i was hoping to get the basics and then, and then later speed read through to formulate my own opinions, it would have made things a little easier on me that late at night, but i probably should have just waited in that case, so again, my apologies. also, i don't know if other people caught my other post once i had finally made my decision, but its there.

lord of the dawn, on 08 Jul 2015 - 01:47 AM, said:

jumping right out and claiming that he was a vig straightaway was a bold choice for JS, but he draws a lot of attention to himself like this, i dunno, it just seems like a weird power play to me with no purpose.

and pralaya claiming vig after JS does two things. casting doubt on JS and also drawing that same attention to himself. it could be a play on pralaya's part in some way. ultimately though i think it casts suspicion on both of them, and they are both certainly coming off that way.

although i think im still leaning towards JS due to him jumping in like that and threatening people. it wasn't a very nice thing to do and wins him no points with me. Pralaya just kinda claims it, and handles the fallout relatively well. im not sure though, either way i think i want to wait and see a little longer.

EDIT: Cut me some slack, it was almost 2 in the morning haha
Warning. I understand foggy brain when playing mafia late at night especially after studying earlier, but please just quote yourself and add things or post separately. Only warning.

Understood, my apologies, it will not happen again. thank you for the warning.

Interesting set-up.  That helped a little but who were the Vigs?  Don't see it listed.

Link/Samus

OK...says NK...I took that as scum...good find...I guess...never saw it in any games I've played...plus that game was mainly masons...you suggesting we have more masons than just you and Pralya?

Nothing of that sort. You said "I've never seen mason vig's before." I just was showing you a game where it showed up. I haven't said that Pray and I are masons. 

not good enough

Read better brah. 

I disagree. There are reasons to trust people D1. Not everyone is good enough to pick up on them, but some people are. 

ya but this isn't one of those times.

Not for noobs, it's not. 

try again.

I'm not liking the cryptic and mysterious tone.  You claimed Vig, then asked Heart to trust you because you're crazy like EP.  You're not making any friends by beating around the bush.

I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to win. I'm waiting for a couple of people to show up before I'm explaining everything. 

im not going to lie, this bothers me on multiple levels, all you have done JS, is drop your claim and defend yourself poorly. even if its to try and provoke reactions and start conversation, I dont know if defending yourself poorly is part of your plan, but if it is your succeeding. ive waited to hear some actually valid reasons not to vote against you, and you have not impressed me. granted i havent had much opportunity to contribute my thoughts on the matter, but i honestly think enough is enough, Zander, and others have been pretty cool on giving you multiple opportunities to defend your self, and i have waited and deliberated enough. 

I do apologize, but i think i have my answer after pages and pages of this. 

i [v] vote John Snow[/v]

my only hope is that i am not playing into your hands. which could very well be the case. but well, i will find out i guess, for better or ill. 

Anyway, [v]lord of the dawn[/v]

Based on my earlier reads. I don't think his reads are that organic when you look at it. The vote train on JS looks definitely scum driven. 

hey that hurts haha. i was honestly getting tired of his shenanigans. 22 pages  of playing catch up and seeing nothing but him defend himself poorly is enough,  and even with events after, im still wary enough of him to leave my vote there. its hard to see whether or not he's being truthful. and seeing you show up now of all times after this is kinda ridiculous. though i can respect waiting until your done catching up, but i don't think that's the case.

though you put me in a bad place too, haha, either i leave my vote on JS- look like i'm covering my arse and look like a jerk, take my vote off and put it on you, although warranted, makes me look like i'm hopping on the train and hate voting you at the same time, which i wouldn't be. or take it off and look like im still trying to cover myself, kind of a lose lose situation, but for now, im going to 

[unvote]

and see what else happens, too much has happened to really make a good choice. this situation is just weird in and of itself all in all. so i will continue to wait and see

okay, so im going to work in about 10 minutes and still playing some catchup, and i dont have the time for a big post unfortunately, so some final remarks i suppose until this evening, if im not lunched.

on the whole zander razen thing: zanders been pretty gung ho about laying on the pressure, trying to find answers, and he backs off when he gets them, im still thinking straight up town for him, he hasn't really given me any reason to think otherwise really. and im kind of seeing the same with razen, i think its just a case of those two not getting along really.

and for eldrick, the flip flopping is giving everyone headaches, is it a distraction tactic maybe? not really sure, gave a read that was okay though if i recall.

@Tina, to clarify with the humor thing that was to seph saying he didnt like people joking on themselves in their reads if im remembering right. don't have the time to answer the rest of the list unfortunately, have to go to work, 

1. dicetosser1- a bit of joke voting when he arrives on page 13, I can’t hate him though, made some very good points then and later in the game. When he does show up he puts on a fair showing. Town leanings, but my minds not really made up all the way yet

2. NotBob-seems like the quiet type, straight forward with his questions, but not a whole lot else really. Neutral for the most part, though he contributes some.so null I guess?

3. Aiel Heart- Talya brought up a few  minor points, but im going to apply the ol’ wait and see, see how she defends herself

4. Alannalynn- again, not really all that sure what to think, going to take another wait and see approach here.

5. Pralaya- I honestly don’t know, and I don’t know how else to contribute to something that pretty much everyone has a similar opinion on. suspicious activity, and weird plays. Claims a partial Vig role, whatever that means, for now, I need more information, see if better questions I haven’t thought of come up.

6. Hallia-has been raising some good questions, and points here and there. Decisive in her decisions, really got the feeling she thought about her votes. Town leanings

7. lord of the dawn-burn this man with purifying fire ***

8. Eldrick-kind of all over the place, its hard to get a read on him personally, ill say null for the moment, take a more wait and see approach, though ive been doing that a lot.

9. Zander-hes on top of things, responds to what he can, almost zealously. Very pushy with his prods, says whats on his mind. Very aggressive. It’s hard to tell whether he’s very town, or scum, but ill give him the benefit of the doubt and say town.

10. Seph-pretty on top of things from what ive seen, not as aggressive as zander but gets his points across pretty well. Trying to find the truth just like most everyone else, stirs the pot a little. Town leanings I think

11. TinaHel-still not enough for me to make a decision personally, I would like to wait and see on her.

12. Razen- feeling kind of neutral to me so far, nothing that really pulls me one way or the other. Null for now I suppose.

13. Talya- I like a lot of the points she has brought up over the thread, she thinks out her posts and it shows. Town leanings

14. John Snow-*sigh* ive made my opinions about this whole bit known already. Either just a really poor play with a God awful defense, or scum leanings.

**NOTE: I have no idea exactly what I mason is, it’s the price I pay for being out of the loop on stuff for 5+  years. Should have probably asked for clarification on what that means, but it slipped my mind, so I’m asking now, my apologies.

***ALSO NOTE: Please don’t burn me with fire, that stuff hurts

I figured day would at least have started by now. Guess I won't be getting much done. Planning to take a closer look at Heart, Zander, and Snow once day hits and see where that gets me. Heart because she's my bottom scum lean right now, Zander because he's playing off and was going after a player all of d1 who had absolutely no chance of getting lynched while we were all lynching scum, and Snow because of his disappearances, plus the things Seph brought up. If any of you are town, you're gonna need to step it up.

This is gonna be a very long work week for me, but I'll be around in the early AM EST (probably 6-9) for those that are up during that time.

sorry as I mentioned earlier I was out watching The UFC PPV will try to get caught up tonight if not by early tomorrow.

If I die tonight please look hard at Razen John Snow/Pral and.....i hate to say it Alanna.

sorry as I mentioned earlier I was out watching The UFC PPV will try to get caught up tonight if not by early tomorrow.

If I die tonight please look hard at Razen John Snow/Pral and.....i hate to say it Alanna.

lol omgus much? Look at my cases and tell me that's my scum game Zander, because it's not. And as for pral, his push on lotd and being vig clears him for now. Plus, he has good reads. Razen I may want to look at later but is okay for now.

He was a foreigner. It had taken him forever to understand their language and even then he could not speak it very well and only wrote in English occasionally or if it was required. Despite this, he made an effort to know his new people and was a patron of the arts among other things. In the dark of the night, he took a sip of his wine before crossing to his bed. Laying down he closed his eyes and became dead to the world as he slipped into sleep and then quickly into death. A shadow moved from behind the curtains, tiptoed past the dead king and into the dark halls. The guards were slumped to the ground having also been poisoned earlier in the night to let the assassin into the king's rooms.

Morning dawned. The assassin listened to the cries and then the bells proclaiming the death of King George I with satisfaction.

alannalynn- George I of Great Britain, town vanilla has been Nightkilled!

Day 2 has begun! The countdown to end of Day 2: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/election?iso=20150715T20&p0=263&msg=British+Monarchy+Mafia+Day+2&font=cursive&swk=1

Not trusting myself to say anything intelligent right now. Don't work until afternoon tomorrow so will be able to devote a good portion of the morning to the game.

Btw, if you ride a high speed roller coaster in the rain, the rain HURTS.

Looking at the vc I consider Pral and Hallia town. As I said before, no reason for early bussing of a player that hasn´t played for years. LotD was going after Snow. I need to take a look at that and see if looked serious or not, since he unvoted. I´d like to say that Snow is town but he hasn´t done much except for his fake claim yesterday and weird follow up vote on Pral. 

I need to take a look at everyone else, including Seph and Razen that I had as town yesterday. 

Archived