DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

DM Org Convo

Tigara

I am planning to hold a general DM Org convo on MSN. I think it would be a good way for people in other orgs to meet each other. It will be held on Wednesday ,February 14, at 7:00 Standard Pacific Time ( North American West Coast ). You can either add me to your MSN, or PM me your address. Mine is sclub7fanatic@hotmail.com and my MSN name will be Tim/Tigara. I look forward to seeing you there.

MSN chats can be a pain with a lot of people in them, but it shouldn't crash a comp (I guess unless your comp is older). But yeah, what Val said. It's much easier to do something like this in IRC. And somebody could possibley set up a chat script to connect to an IRC server so ppl don't have to get mIRC (or other IRC program). I used to be able to do it, but I don't have my own webspace to host it anymore.

There's always this chat too: http://www.sg-org.com/boards/chat/flashchat.php'>http://www.sg-org.com/boards/chat/flashchat.php

I believe this is where you can go to sign up for it: http://www.sg-org.com/boards/chat/

I don't think anyone's used this chat (was set up by Roka) in a long time, but it's still there and could be a convenient alternative.

I'm probably the only one who remembers when we used to do massive ICQ chats back in the day. The entire site would get on, all twelve of us, and we'd giggle to the wee hours of the morning and curse at Matalina's dinosaur of a computer that kept crashing on her. Ah, memories...

I'm going to second the IRC suggestion. It's really the only thing that seems to be able to handle more than a handful of people.

Kathana said:

"I can see Ben!!! Why can't Ben see me??? AHHHH!!!!"

A long time ago, on an ICQ far, far away...

<Maarin> *laughs then gives a deep curtsy*

<Rand al'Thor> *startled!* Where did she go?

<Ben> Who? Maarin?

<Maarin> Hey, where'd Phoenix go?

<Ben> Great, can't you two see eachother?

<Ben> I see both of you.

<Rand al'Thor>

<Maarin> *Laughing* No I can't see Phoenix!!!

<Rand>

<Ben> Nope, you both are still here, but I guess you can't see eachother.

<Ben>

<Rand> *falls to knees*

<Rand> *looks ahead for a sec*

<Rand al'Thor>

<Ben> Maarin, no, he's still here.

<Maarin> No...My board says he left the chat room...*sighs*

<Ben>

<Rand> ............

<Rand> tell Maarin I will be back. Copy my last words over

It was fun!!!! We could do it regularily. We could have an mostly American one and a mostly European one. Someone else wold have to lead the European though. I could lead a convo once a month, probably on a Wednesday, and the European convo can be held a different part of the month. Any volunteers to lead the European one?

Archived