DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome Sooh to the Band !

Thane Vakarian

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so genuine question...

You're at this bar, right, and it's really hot outside, like Africa hot, and you're in a mostly Muslim country, although a relatively relaxed one which DOES sell alcohol, but you have to KNOW where to go (in actual fact most hotels have licenses, but shush). So you're sitting there, it's hot, and sunny, and NOT raining, and on the menu they have mojitos so you want to order one right. Except the only way to drink mojitos is with lots of ice, and tap water is unsafe...

So the question is, what do you do?

it's no real ice, it's basically frozen rocks. Drinks stays cold, no water added. Whiskey on the rocks, true form

But you should NEVER have whiskey 'on the rocks' (I can barely even say it) part of the awesomeness of whiskey is the heat, without that it's just boring :(

Ice in whisky? Heathen :tongue:  With single malt whisky you only ever need to add a small amount of water or drink it neat. Never with ice if you're doing it "properly".

So much this :wub:

Oh Wales is lovely. I stayed down in Shropshire for a while. Landlocked! You can imagine my horror coming as I do from the east coast. Driving up into Wales over long weekends was one of my favourite things to do to make it bearable. Not that Shropshire isn't pretty in its own way but, let's face it, it's flat. Almost totally flat. What part of Wales are you in? :smile:

Conwy, up by Snowdon and right by the coast! It's beautiful! But my family are mostly from Cheshire, although my sister has managed to find pretty much the only hill in the county to live near :laugh:

The Cairngorns are lovely, But hard to walk in as there aren't many places you can walk to the top of a mountain and back in a day. Plus midges :laugh:

Oh my gosh, you're so lucky. It's stunning up around Snowdonia. We drove right up through Betws y Coed to the north coast one day and the next time we went across to Barmouth and up to Caernarfon to see the castle. Stopped off at an air museum too if I recall correctly. Trying to pronounce the various names gave me an insight into how difficult some of the Scottish place names seem to visitors lol.

Ha ha, yes the midgies are the bane of any walker's existence. When Mysty was over here last July she was lucky enough to avoid that pleasure although she'd quizzed me about it before she came lmao. The Cairngorms are pretty iconic but I prefer The Cuillins on Skye. :cool:

Yup, I try not to feel smug every day and generally fail :laugh:

Haven't been to Skye, although my niece is partly named after the island. Made it to the Shetlands with work once, unfortunately it was Winter and what with sunrise at roughly 11am, sunset at roughly 2pm and non-stop drizzle and cloud Didn't really see anything.

Oooohhh.. Wales.. I have only ever been to Cardiff, but I love it there... the people.. the atmosphere... 

I want to get to Scotland, but haven't made it there yet (sneaky work seminar people who said we might go to Edinburgh then changed their minds... )

Mwahahaha, I like you. *grins*  

I am absolutely itching to get to Shetland. ALL THAT WOOL!!! *bounces with involuntary excitement* Ok, calm yourself, Lou...and breathe. Shame the weather wasn't great for you though.

I want to get to Scotland, but haven't made it there yet (sneaky work seminar people who said we might go to Edinburgh then changed their minds... )

Well, if you're ever in the vicinity, give me a shout. I'm not far outside Edinburgh. :smile: 

*plugs her Sis's ears and blocks her eyes*  I hate Scotch, smells and tastes like wet paper and peat.  Now give me some Jack Daniels and I'm a happy girl.

:blink:  Did you say something, sis?

Oooohhh.. Wales.. I have only ever been to Cardiff, but I love it there... the people.. the atmosphere... 

Come to the north of Wales sometime! It's much prettier (Edinburgh's all right I guess). Whereabouts in Norway are you from? one of the trips I want to do sometime is kayaking up one of the fjords :) plus visiting Svalbard, partly because of the name, partly because of the bears <3

Cardiff is indeed Doctor Who land... I was very close to the rift when I was there *nods*

Plus the evil strawberry aliens had taken over Torchwood Tower when I was there.. My buddy Peter and I were poking around with a sonic screwdriver.. We probably saved the earth.

Oh Taymist! I would love to hang out if I make it to Edinburgh!

Mwahahaha, I like you. *grins*  

I am absolutely itching to get to Shetland. ALL THAT WOOL!!! *bounces with involuntary excitement* Ok, calm yourself, Lou...and breathe. Shame the weather wasn't great for you though.

Uh  

Come to the north of Wales sometime! It's much prettier (Edinburgh's all right I guess amazing! (obviously)). Whereabouts in Norway are you from? one of the trips I want to do sometime is kayaking up one of the fjords :) plus visiting Svalbard, partly because of the name, partly because of the bears <3

All fixed :)

It was a few years ago before I was really into crafting, so that side of things was completely over my head.

Archived