DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Inglorious - Kitchen Sink Bastard Mafia by Darthe

Darthe

Clearly you were taking the game seriously by voting the Mod. 

Yes, cause its still a completely viable option, seeing as how it was counted on the VC's and hes a bastard mod. Then theres also me voting Rand and pushing him and responding to everyone else.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been a big fan of people writing a thesis in mafia, but I didn't crap on your style so don't get all offended. Not being my preference =\= crapping on.

I'm not offended. I'm noting a logical fallacy. You repeat here that you are not a fan of my style of posting. In your previous post you said that gives you bad juju. I am assuming that "bad juju" means that it makes you suspicious or at the very least wary. So, absent examples of Yates content that would give you "good juju," I was trying to determine how you came to the conclusion that my "content" - which you had just said gave you bad juju - suddenly makes you lean Town on me. The reason this is important is because Yates is a consensus Town read and, as you have already noted in your appraisal of Despo, is an easy "conclusion" to fake.

Am I misinterpreting something or misrepresenting you in any way?

Also, I have not been called out on anything.

Well, then I guess I can call you out on this:

I dunno what Red was doing but my first guess would be cause she isn't a good player?

It's a pretty big scum tell to replace in and claim your predecessor was lol-bad when there is some pressure on your slot. I realize this isn't something you can defend ex post facto, but I guess that's the point. I'd still like to see your response to my first note at the top of this post, though.

I didn't even realize that DL was today.

I have another PC coming in my other game, so I'll be around today for some real time shenanigans.

Gonna go back and read up - I see that Rags has replaced Red. Welcome dude.

This is just like you and "Let's Lynch Santa" routine.   Darthe was likely playing along.  Sure, there are bastard games like that, but on D1 that is an asinine thing to consider.

Personally, I think with Rags replacing Red, we can get a better read on her slot.   We could do with a better casing and so far, Despo seems to be the only one who has taken this game seriously.  Still, so close to deadline, it would be hard to get a good read on Rags this quick.

As I said, I am a mason.  If you are looking for an easy lynch, I am not the path.

Honestly, I think that we should consider a No Lynch and allow for any cop-roled players to get a good read before we push.  Otherwise, we are randomly choosing someone to lynch in a game that most haven't been taking that seriously until now. 

[v] NO LYNCH [/v]

First off, the "Lynch Santa" Thing wasnt even a lynch in that game. It was choosing to give a gift to no one because in so far in that game those gifts had been negative utility. So no its completely different. Second Darthe "Likely playing along" is what some people said in Verbs X-Men game and look how that turned out. 

Despo seems to be the only one who has taken this game seriously. 

Otherwise, we are randomly choosing someone to lynch in a game that most haven't been taking that seriously until now.

:rolleyes:

Thanks Andrej.

And Yates, it's not a logical fallacy, it was simply not multiquoting posts you made later that had substance which is what gave me a town lean. Early stuff was bad juju as I did find it fluffy, later stuff was good juju as it came across as actually playing the game, and I gave more weight to the later stuff as the game had just started on the early stuff. If you want actual posts I'll get some in a bit as I'm on my phone right now.

It can be a tell or it can be just telling the truth. And having played with Red before, i know she can do some...interesting...things regardless of alignment. Plus, I had all of what...2 votes? That's not pressure imo.

Also...

Nice try, but I am a Mason.

Do you have day talk? If so, I hope you talked this reveal out with your mason buddy.

He was against it, actually but if we are this close to DL and I'm the one people have decided to BW, I figured I would put a halt to it before CFD. 

Still say that we lynch Mynd and confirm his buddy if he's telling the truth.

He waits until DL day to 'get serious' and then just claims? lol

Nah son.

Who was serious in this game?  You? 

When I have posted this game, yes, I think my content was direct and on topic.

Like I pointed out in my last catch up, you've been mostly wasting your votes on throwaway jokes and little quips here and there instead of commenting on the current issues. Just saying that nobody else was being serious as an excuse for why YOU DIDN'T (AS A TOWNIE) is a terrible excuse and you should feel bad for that if you actually are what you claim.

I don't believe you though and I want to see your flip and then that way we can have a confirmed role starting D2 to help condescence the lynch pool after the NKs and whatever other info we get during the Night.

This sudden activity has only happened in the last hour or so when everyone suddenly woke up and went "OH MY, the deadline is fast approaching."

And no, lynching me to prove my mason is not smart when a cop could easily clear me tonight.  If you lynch me to clear my mason, the mafia have a clear to kill and we've wasted our time.  If a cop clears me tonight, he will have two clears for the price of one.

Besides, it would be stupid for mafia to NK a mason, because it proves the other. 

The game is Kitchen Sink.  That means heavily roled.  Why make a hastey random lynch that (from an objective POV) will likely be a  misslynch, when we can use whatever power roles we have to figure us out.  Fair enough?

NO Lynch is the way to go. 

This sudden activity has only happened in the last hour or so when everyone suddenly woke up and went "OH MY, the deadline is fast approaching."

And no, lynching me to prove my mason is not smart when a cop could easily clear me tonight.  If you lynch me to clear my mason, the mafia have a clear to kill and we've wasted our time.  If a cop clears me tonight, he will have two clears for the price of one.

Besides, it would be stupid for mafia to NK a mason, because it proves the other. 

The game is Kitchen Sink.  That means heavily roled.  Why make a hastey random lynch that (from an objective POV) will likely be a  misslynch, when we can use whatever power roles we have to figure us out.  Fair enough?

Why? Its just was wasteful as my supposedly "joking" push against Darthe. This is the thing alot of people were argueing against. If were going to do a no lynch why not just lynch Darthe then? We either get a no lynch exactly what your asking for or we lynch someone I think is scum.

No Lynch is bad. We have little content to go off of and likely the NK won't tell us much. We need a lynch for solid information and then we can dig in D2. Lynching you to confirm your buddy is much smarter than trusting that you'll get peeked innocent by a Cop. I'm quite sure you would check green, but that's what you want - isn't it? :wink:

Your 'view me' attitude reeks of a Godfather PM, stop it dude.

You are also pre-emptively making excuses for why you won't die now.

Of course scum would want to shoot Masons, cleared townies are bad for them - especially in a game this small.

It doesn't reek, stop snow-jobbing.

Like Lenlo says, how is NO Lynch any worse than Lenlo's suggestion to lynch Darthe?  No lynch is bad in a standard game, with only a cop and/or doc because that's all we have for info.  In a KITCHEN SINK game, it is a good idea because there are likely several players with good abilities.

If I were scum, why would I push for No Lynch when a D1 mislynch would be the best play for the scum?

You are paranoid or scum, one or the other.  Others have done as much if not  much more crazy things in this thread than me, I was just playing along with the aloofness that event the Mod was joining in with.

Now, suddenly, everyone got serious. 

And no, it would be stupid for mafia to kill one mason because that leaves the other one clear.  Lynching a mason so you can kill the other that night is a different story.  If mafia leave one cleared mason alive for the next day lynch, it narrows down the list of potential scum considerably. 

By NO LYNCH today, we allow all of our kitchen sink roles to take effect.  A random lynch has a greater chance of hitting a townie than scum. 

I really REALLY don't like it when people suggest they should be viewed. This is for somewhat obvious reasons for people familiar with Mafia roles (GF, RD/BD). You bringing it up here just makes my hackles rise.

Lynching to confirm you is the only TRUE way to know you are who you say you are to the general masses (IE town). Right now I have no reason to trust you on your claim alone and I am definitely not willing to leave it up to NAs because - as you have pointed out yourself, there is likely lots of powers out there, so things could get messed up.

It doesn't reek, stop snow-jobbing.

Like Lenlo says, how is NO Lynch any worse than Lenlo's suggestion to lynch Darthe?  No lynch is bad in a standard game, with only a cop and/or doc because that's all we have for info.  In a KITCHEN SINK game, it is a good idea because there are likely several players with good abilities.

If I were scum, why would I push for No Lynch when a D1 mislynch would be the best play for the scum?

Yeah, but nobody but him was really serious about lynching Darthe. I don't like either option - we need a hard coroner to really get this game rolling.

Bold: probably because you're on the chopping block and there isn't really time to make a believable case elsewhere?

You are paranoid or scum, one or the other.  Others have done as much if not  much more crazy things in this thread than me, I was just playing along with the aloofness that event the Mod was joining in with.

Now, suddenly, everyone got serious. 

And no, it would be stupid for mafia to kill one mason because that leaves the other one clear.  Lynching a mason so you can kill the other that night is a different story.  If mafia leave one cleared mason alive for the next day lynch, it narrows down the list of potential scum considerably. 

By NO LYNCH today, we allow all of our kitchen sink roles to take effect.  A random lynch has a greater chance of hitting a townie than scum. 

Again - if this is actually true and you aren't just scum coasting through then shame on you. I know I haven't added a ton of content to this game because I'm a bit overloaded atm, but when I have posted, I tried to make it good and my thoughts clear.

Mafia aren't going to let Masons hang around, period. I definitely wouldn't. Whether it be you having claimed and your partner still in secret, both claimed, whatever. Any role that is vettable to Town I would kill as Mafia, because as I stated before - in a game of 11 having any sort of cleared townie is dangerous because eventually that lynch pool is going to become very small and scum won't have an easy time hiding.

Also, I would suggest if you are actually a Mason that your partner stays quiet until D2 at the earliest. Claiming here to save you would be pretty dumb - but I don't really believe your claim anyway, but that's my 2c.

Archived