DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones Season 4 [Spoilers]

Red2111

Cool episode. Loved the Margarey bits. And Jamie giving Brienne the armour, awwww. Some guys give diamond rings and roses, but Jamie knows how to read Brienne's heart. Awesome. And that was a piece of stunning armour too. Also, Pod kneeling to give Brienne a hand up into the saddle, priceless XD

The last scene, eh essentially what I thought happened to Craster's babies anyway.

Also really liked the little scene between Grey Worm and whatshername. Cute, and helps flesh out their characters more.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

Cool episode. Loved the Margarey bits. And Jamie giving Brienne the armour, awwww. Some guys give diamond rings and roses, but Jamie knows how to read Brienne's heart. Awesome. And that was a piece of stunning armour too. Also, Pod kneeling to give Brienne a hand up into the saddle, priceless XD

The last scene, eh essentially what I thought happened to Craster's babies anyway.

Also really liked the little scene between Grey Worm and whatshername. Cute, and helps flesh out their characters more.

I figured the babies were snack food. Not being turned into others.

Well as far as I remember, we have never seen the Walkers (in the books) eat humans, but we have seen them change humans into walkers. So I just assumed they did it to the babies too.

Bah, you and your logic! Everyone knows babies make crunchy snacks! :tongue:

Lol :laugh:

It's also the fact that White Walker numbers have grown in recent years, and we know that when they change adult humans (and horses), they still keep their human (and horse) appreance, they don't look fully like the Walkers. So it makes sense for me that they take newborn babies and put a "spell" on them (in lack of better words) that turn them into full-fledged Walkers.

The White Walkers don't turn adult humans into more Walkers, they kill them and raise them as wights (zombies). The 'turning babies into Walkers' idea is strongly hinted at in the books: one of Craster's wives say they put the male babies out and 'their brothers' come for them, so that's not really a spoiler.

What is a spoiler for the book is the fact that the Walkers/Others have a single leader and a council of thirteen who rule them (let's call them the Forsa...okay, let's not), and have a ruined city as a home base. The really big spoiler was what HBO inadvertently released on their website:

The leader of the Walkers is the Night's King, a specific character mentioned in the books. Assuming he is the same being, and not just the same title being re-used, this is a pretty large development.

The White Walkers don't turn adult humans into more Walkers, they kill them and raise them as wights (zombies). The 'turning babies into Walkers' idea is strongly hinted at in the books: one of Craster's wives say they put the male babies out and 'their brothers' come for them, so that's not really a spoiler.

What is a spoiler for the book is the fact that the Walkers/Others have a single leader and a council of thirteen who rule them (let's call them the Forsa...okay, let's not), and have a ruined city as a home base. The really big spoiler was what HBO inadvertently released on their website:

The leader of the Walkers is the Night's King, a specific character mentioned in the books. Assuming he is the same being, and not just the same title being re-used, this is a pretty large development.

Best way to put it.

I always assumed the white walkers were undead. Like zombies. only some with intelligence.

What I didn't expect, was that some are actually alive, just a different form of life.

On a related note, the fire-god version, is similar & different.

There version of living flame = dragon? Or might we see a fire-other?

just because we all assumed that the Walkers were turning the babies into Walkers doesn't mean that its been proven. 

we all assume a lot of things about the series.  its something entirely different for HBO to go spoiling it and telling us whats happening.  especially when its an ADDED scene.  for me, its akin to HBO coming out and confirming that Jon is Lyanna and Rhegar's love child. 

i also dont recall Bran and co being trapped at Casters place either. <_<

The Bran bit is obviously to extend his storyline from the books. All that he has left of his book storyline at this point is wandering through the snow, finding the right tree, and a bit of a battle with wights getting into the tree before they meet the Children of the Forest and Bloodraven. Not a lot of on screen interest for the next 1-2 seasons.

As for the decision to show things that aren't confirmed yet in the books, well... there's no guarantee that they will be in the books. Or they may be. Nothing is going to stop me from enjoying the books when the Great Bearded Glacier finally finishes them :wink:

And in the meantime I'm taking the show on its own merits. Some things they have had to change, some things they have chosen to alter that maybe weren't as necessary. But I don't mind as long as they keep the major plot points true to George's story, and do a good job translating the big stuff into compelling scenes.

Ned's death, the Blackwater, the Red Wedding and the Purple Wedding have been gripping scenes to watch.

Agreed Songstress,

At this point in the show, if you don't want spoilers, you pretty much need to stop watching. Its at the point in the books where everyone goes "Perrin" mode and many of the characters, Dany, Bran, Ect, just kind of meander around and don't add anything. The show only has 2 more seasons, so they have to condense some things and alter some things so that they stay in the show.

Look what they did with Theon/Reek, in the books he just disappears after the fall of Winterfell and when he comes back he is Reek, of course we get a lot of internal dialogue, so we understand the change, but they couldn't do that in the show, so they had to show us. Same with the White Walkers, when they finally show up in force in the books, its really going to seem like they came from no where (though we get some internal dialogue about them), so the show has to continuously show them as a threat.

Also, even though GRRM has told the producers of the show the full plot in case of anything, canon wise they are two different entities.

last nights episode was meh, i agree that it was filler for sure.

correct me if i'm wrong ...  in the book though, when Jon and co went back to Crastors to deal with the traitors they foudn the place completely empty cause the Walkers came and took care of everyone there correct?

In the books, nobody went back to Craster's Keep at all after Sam left.  Some of the traitors were caught and killed by Coldhands (and partially eaten by Summer) heading back toward the Wall through the Haunted Forest in ADWD.

Aaaaaah I friggin loved this episode. So much good stuff being set up now. Tyrion :wub: :wub: We're really entering "ruling Mereen really sucks" and I actually find it exciting. It's good to see Dany being challenged on not everything being black and white. Also, Jaime is awesome.

last episoe was great,  Drinklage conveyed Tyrion very well during the trial!!  i felt for him when Shae took the stand, more so than when it happened in the book.  i also picked up on the side long looks of disgust and contempt Jamie was giving Cersie during the entire trial.  the show is setting up the split for those two on the show very well.

the theon scene ....  i'm not sure how i feel with them altering this story line ....  i dislike the affection their having Asha show for him, the whole "your prince" thing was over board imo.  but i feel like HBO has sped up his arc to where it is in DwD, and for some reason wants to go a different course with Asha.

also ...  where is Jeyne Poole?  she's supposed to be at Dreadfort by now, pretending to be Ayra and married to Ramsey.

another interesting point ... they're setting it up so that Tywin can take some credit for part of the unrest that happens in Mereen, which is interesting.

Danny's arc is going smoothly so far, HBO is setting it up to roll faster which is a good thing.  they've set up Drogon killng the boy and causing Dannyt o lock away the Dragons nicely with the goat scene.

next week is gonna be a killer episode though.  seems form the sneak peak that they're speedng up Sansa's arc to where its at in DwD ... unless Lysa threatens to throw her out the moon door more than once ...  iirc it was only once.  the Viper and the Mountains battle will be great ...  Ayra should be killing the Hound soon, i hope that she is on a ship to Bravoos by the end of this season.

Huh, they didn't really go into how she was basically the catalyst for the entire chain of events that went down. They eluded it, but didn't explicitly say she did it.

(Referring to her poisoning her husband.. and others that led to ned-stark's death)

That or I missed some low audio-dialogue that I tuned out...

Huh, they didn't really go into how she was basically the catalyst for the entire chain of events that went down. They eluded it, but didn't explicitly say she did it.

(Referring to her poisoning her husband.. and others that led to ned-stark's death)

She explicitly stated she poisoned Jon Arryn and sent the letter to her sister when Littlefinger first arrived and they met in the Great Hall a few episodes ago.

She explicitly stated she poisoned Jon Arryn and sent the letter to her sister when Littlefinger first arrived and they met in the Great Hall a few episodes ago.

Ah. I thought there was a good chance I completely missed some dialogue.

That said, they still didn't do a good job of making me go "Hip Hip Hurray! The witch is flying!"

She just didn't pull it off.. 

I thought that scene was a bit too early. 

I didn´t like the Mountain. He looks much younger than his little brother and the scene was just weird. 

I loved all the scenes with Tyrion. Especially the one with Oberyn. The look in his eyes when he understood that Oberyn was going to fight for him was great. 

Archived