DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Happiness Jar

blank

So I know life can be rather sucky at times and during these times we often forget to remember the lovely things that have happened.

I know it's something I struggle with.

This year I am going to be doing something called the Happiness Jar.

IMG_3024.JPG

At the end of everyday I am going to write something down on a piece of paper - the thing that made me happiest that day. It could be a compliment, it could be a funny joke or it could be a really nice banana muffin. And I'm going to keep them all in the jar, and at the end of the year or if I'm feeling sad, I will have all these nice, pure happy memories there for me to look over.

And it will show me that there is always a moment of happiness in even the most awful of days (or so I hope)

Anyway, I thought maybe some of you guys would be up for doing it with me and maybe sharing some of the things you put in your jar to spread the happy!

Friday: I spent the entire day helping my little cousins build a clubhouse in the woods. :)

This. Is. Awesome. I bet you had a blast!!!! I was all about clubhouses when I was young!

Mine today:

I am thankful for my family - not just my girls today. My family gets together every week, for a dinner and everything. We usually get together on Monday evenings, but we have recently switched it to Sunday afternoon for some people. I have two sets of Aunts and Uncle's who drive about an hour to get here, when my cousins visit they come for dinner, another Aunt and Uncle come (and this Aunt has really bad pancreatic cancer, and is one reason we moved it to Sunday afternoon, to make it easier for her to be there) and my grandma is there (we always meet at her house). I feel so lucky to be surrounded by them.  I know I am lucky to have my grandma around still - she and I are very close. And I cherish every moment I have with her and with my Aunt - life doesn't always give you time, and I am so happy to have these weekly visits. 

I'm decorating my jar later today - and I'm going to make my oldest daughter do this with me. :smile: She likes to complain to get her way a lot, and I think this would be good to teach her some mindfullness while she is still young. 

Guys, these stories are lovely!

I am so happy that so many of you think this is a good idea and want to do it as well.

This ends the 1st for me here in jolly ol Scotland and I just wrote my first thought that gave me the purest happy jolt today.

It's kinda of lame and expect more this stuff from me  :laugh: I'm a big fan of the BBC adaption of  Sherlock and through I really like and admire the guy who plays Sherlock, Benedict Cumberbatch. He was also in Star Trek and the Hobbit - you probably know who he is  :tongue: Anyways, the Sherlock fandom is FIERCE and SuperCreepyIntense

Incase you can't read below

Benedict Cumberbatch's fans refer to themselves as the Cumberbitches. He is perfectly well aware of this but only refers to them as "Cumberwomen" of "Cumbergirls"  because not only are they all "Cumberpeople" but because referring to themselves in that way sets back feminism

image_zps31806dd9.jpg

I know some of you won't agree with this and I'm not trying to start a topic discussing this (in the slightest, like at all) but it personally made me very happy that a person that I admire so much for his talent also holds personal views that I admire so much.

I popped the date on it and put it in my jar

image_zps608a6bb1.jpg

I really need to get some glitter glue or something to pimp it out a little!!

I'm going to decorate my jar too! My daughter is really excited about this!

I missed a couple days of posts - but I figure since that was before the new year, I will just post the two for today and yesterday!

Jan 1. I was really happy my daughter got to have her friend stay with us over New Year. This holiday is hard for me (someone I loved dearly proposed to me two days before New Year nine years ago, and then passed away suddenly on Jan. 1 that same year,  in the early morning hours) so it was wonderful to have something super fun happening to help me make new and more pleasant memories. :biggrin:

Jan 2. I am happy for 2 reasons today (at least to list here :wink:) My friend hired me to watch her baby a few times a week when she has meetings at work. She is one of my oldest friends, and it's only for a few months until her mother-in-law retires in April, but I am so excited to have a very cute and sweet baby around. She is super easy going, and I just adore her. :wub:

And I am happy and thankful that I have such a wonderful chiropractor and natural health doctor that I go to. I have been going through some health stuff this past year, and I went in to check-up with them, told them what was going on, and they made me feel so much better. I wouldn't want to go to any other chiropractor certainly (unless they were trained at the same place as the ones in this office) and to top it off, one of them is doing some amazing research in celiac and the brain, and other proteins that mimic gluten in celiac patients. So he really takes everything into account when going over supplements and planning nutrition with me. He is going to help me do some stuff to heal my small intestine from the damage the gluten did (he says my regular doctor didn't do enough lol) and he is going to help me figure out what else is messing with my immune system. Today this was a big one for me! :biggrin:

Archived