DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Vampire Diaries Mafia- Mafia Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

Why is inactivity scummy?

:rolleyes:

An inactive player is not contributing to the scumhunt. Not contributing to the scumhunt = scummy.

Talya's most interesting bit that leaps out for me was her vote on Womby. It was the second vote on him, Rags having been the first. The only other players with multiple votes at the time were myself and AJ. Since I have been feeling that AJ is scum, I'll start with what this vote means assuming that AJ is scum. Since I know that I am town, I think scum would want to divert attention from AJ's train. A scum-Talya would be wise to vote me, but scum should also avoid putting all their eggs in one basket. Thus, Talya could have voted for Womby to try and divert from AJ and gain town cred for starting competing trains. At that early point in the game, there's no reason why there should be only two trains to pick from. Voting me might also look like bandwagoning and opportunism.

And if AJ is town? I'd be remiss in examining the possibility that he is telling the truth, even if I don't believe it, since until he flips we can't be sure. Again, we have the goodness of competing trains. I think that then, with the two early trains both being town, that scum would want to let to let townies get a third train going rather than doing it themselves. If one of the three trains is scum then they can concentrate their efforts on AJ or me. If all three trains are town (which they would be with this scenario... AJ, Womby, and me), then scum can sit back and let town devour itself for D1, and maybe they can score a random lynch with the odds in their favor. I don't see why scum-Talya would vote Womby if AJ is town.

And since people have already let the possibility of AJ as SK hanging out there, I'm going to figure that this would go the same as if he were town, because mafia won't know that he is SK.

Darthe has posted a bunch of silly stuff, but at one point he said we should want to sheep him. This stood out for me... conventional wisdom says that sheeping in mafia is bad and it often tends to get suspicion. With so many newer players in this game, they might take his advice even if town, and create a bunch of confusing reads because of all the sheeping going on from too many players. Even if he thinks his reasoning is pure gold, he'd be better off as town wanting others to think for themselves. But this is small potatoes IMO, and most likely an attempt at humor.

So my read on Talya/Darthe is a slight scum read, dependent upon whatever AJ turns out to be.

Several things I don't like about this post. For starters, you're tunneling on AJ hardcore, and it's becoming a giant distraction. AJ isn't getting lynched today. He's already claimed, and can try and vet his role. Furthermore, after receiving a lot of attention day 1, he could have been viewed already. Basel, please stop tunneling on one player and try to keep track of and observe the entire game instead of just one small facet of it.

On that note, there's way too much speculation about who would be the SK going on. Knowledge of theme is great, but no one in here can read Time's mind. She may have had something completely different in mind when designing the game. Talking that much about the theme just seems to be, again, distracting town from our true goal today: finding and lynching scum.

Back to Basel's post: WAY too much of your case on Talya/Darthe hinges on your belief that AJ is scum. When going through and iso'ing Talya/Darthe, I didn't expect you to only look at it from the perspective that AJ was scum. I saw a lot more odd things from Talya than just her voting Wombat.

Eh there's other stuff but I don't really want to nitpick. In summary, less tunneling please, and when iso'ing a player try and keep an open mind, don't make too many assumption about other people/things they might be linked to.

Someone may have said this earlier, but to isolate posts from a specific player, do I search this thread using that player's handle as my search query? I haven't had to do that before, and would like to look at a few people specifically later tonight. 

What you do is just click the magnifying glass without putting anything in the search query (while already in the thread you want to search). Leave the query field blank again, but under "Find Author" put the exact name of the person you are trying to iso. Then you prob wanna click to sort "by posts" instead of "by topic list" or w/e the default option is. And voila!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other news, I'm not sure when the deadline is, but there's a few too many "outlier" votes for my liking. Theo and Darthe are our two competing trains today, and I personally like them both (as in both players seem scummy to me). Very unlikely that anyone besides those two gets lynched today, so anyone voting someone besides those two better either come up with the most OMGWTFPWNBBQ case on them to convince others, or else figure out which of the two seems like a better choice for today.

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

I'm sorry that I'm not contributing more. My daughter has kept me up the last nights and I'm exhausted. When I'm here I have done the things I have to in the BT. It takes too much time to actually read a lot and think. Lol I hope to be more active tomorrow.

AJ im not discounting it. Think you are towm actually. But out of mafia and SK options i think SK. Mafia just seems weird with the claim

Gotcha. The Vig/SK claim is pretty much inevitable whenever someone claims it.

unvote

I'll read up on Darthe and Theo later on today when I have more time. I don't see either to be particularly scummy but perhaps after an ISO I'll find something.

Morning all

In other news, I'm not sure when the deadline is, but there's a few too many "outlier" votes for my liking. Theo and Darthe are our two competing trains today, and I personally like them both (as in both players seem scummy to me). Very unlikely that anyone besides those two gets lynched today, so anyone voting someone besides those two better either come up with the most OMGWTFPWNBBQ case on them to convince others, or else figure out which of the two seems like a better choice for today.

I have to say, I hate this line of thinking.  People should vote who they think scummiest, not one of two options that are chosen for them.  All that does is let scum slide onto a train with little effort.

Morning all

I have to say, I hate this line of thinking.  People should vote who they think scummiest, not one of two options that are chosen for them.  All that does is let scum slide onto a train with little effort.

+1

Morning all

I tend to agree but with DL approaching tonight I think, it's about time we start consolidating. Posts like this are great, but your thoughts are more appreciated.

Morning all

+1

You too, brosef.

Morning all

I tend to agree but with DL approaching tonight I think, it's about time we start consolidating. Posts like this are great, but your thoughts are more appreciated.

I know.  I've got 3 EODs today so am going in order in terms of actual reads and such.  Just saw that post and had to comment. 

sorry it took so long... was super busy today

Official Vote Count

Theodora (3/8): John Snow, Leyrann, Goldeneyes

Despo (1/8): Darthe

Goldeneyes (1/8): Theodora

Leyrann (1/8): Arez

Darthe (3/8): Aidanna, Tina, Despo

Deadline: Thursday December 12 20:00 EST  http://www.timeandda...ies Mafia Day 2

im contacting Izabella now...

I cought a terrible flu :(

Talya was scummy day 1 and things haven't changed by Darthe.

Vote Darthe

I am a VT, this is my role and if people want I can claim.

I gave my reasons and so on. Since, I had a straaight question, Despo, it is Harlequin.

OK, AJ, I still think Talya/Darthe are the scummies, I would suspect Tina but she has big RL issues and I can't read her. I am going to sleep for some hours and get back. I am really sorry, town, but I feel awful. I will be back.

Ok, Mr Snow, I am Esther Town Vanilla - She made the originals as their mother and wanted all of them dead. whoever watches te series knows that.

Hold up. You're an original, but you're not a bad original? Who's playing with WIFOM now. I would never in a million years have pegged her as a game character, she's in like 4 episodes. She'd be a questionable character claim at best. If I were looking for tangential characters to include on a safe claim list, she and her husband would be near the top-not in enough shows to be assigned in this game and trying to kill her kids so you could try and game your way out of looking scummy with wifom "why would I choose an original? Why wouldn't I choose so and so?"

I think the Meredith Fell claim probably shook up scum as far as safe claims go. She's not a series regular, but she did appear in a decent number of shows, so it means they can't just pick a recurring at random and try to say "I'm XYZ the trash collector" without fearing a CC.

In RL Theo-Sorry you're sick. Hope you feel better

Archived