DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Oh, Mother Dear . . . !

Daruya

Thankee kindly!

Had a great time - mostly did absolutely NOTHING (meaning lay in bed reading, with the cats draped over me :P) and then Saturday we went up the west coast to look at flowers (it's where I grew up). Will post pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

Photos!

Snow!

096.jpg

No, flowers :P

099.jpg

Out of focus Zebra

108.jpg

Out of focus Ostrich

139.jpg

River mouth into Atlantic at Port Owen, a few kilometers from our farm where I grew up

129-Copy.jpg

Sadly bad photo through windscreen of old Cape Dutch cottage at Langebaan Lagoon

135.jpg

Better photo of Langebaan Lagoon

146.jpg

What it looks like in the area I grew up in, in winter at its most lush

157.jpg

With snow on the trees!

160.jpg

Actually no, just bushy trees with white flowers :P ... I became slightly obsesses with these trees on our trip.

164.jpg

And lots of bushy type succulent plants with yellow flowers:

166.jpg

And these succulents with pink flowers

151.jpg

These pink flowers up close

150.jpg

And in this dry, harsh landscape, this tiny, fragile and delicate little flower

163.jpg

Those are gorgeous.    :smile:   You have Zebras and Ostriches running around!  

It's winter.   :huh:  Now that really messes with my paradigm.  So people celebrate Christmas in the summer?  I think I knew this on an intellectual level.

Lol ... yeah Christmas in summer is just not right, yet I've only ever had 1 Christmas in winter.

I don't celebrate Christmas but everyone around me does. Christmas with swimming and BBQ's. O.o

Just so you know, I've been dying in the heat. Its getting a little better this week. I wanted to step into the snow picture and roll around in it.

Probably a good thing that the ACTUAL snow picture I took (snow covered mountain peaks in the distance) didn't come out so you can see it ... lol

Sunshine, weirdly we almost never went there when I was growing up. As the grow flies it's just a few k's, but that's across 2 other farms' lands and the roads don't lead that way. We'd go a few times a year, though.

Archived