DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliche and Stereotype Mafia - A possible Basic Game - All ideas and thoughts welcome

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People's interpretation of things always differs. Let me have a go - but I might get some of them wrong and you will have to correct me.

The Sole Arbiter of Optimal Play - Always telling people what they should and should't be doing and how they are the only one who is actually playing properly?

The Lecturer - Constantly berating others for how they play and explaining what this means etc - which means they don't actually have to do any playing themselves?

The Bickering Lovers - Constantly batting back and forth with insults and comments

The al dente FoS thrower - Erm ... I'm a little lost here

The Pascal's Tunneler (metagame version of the above e.g. "X is scum, book it") - Again as above. I feel so dense.

The Devil's Advocate - Explaining and defending the most awful plays and saying that actually this could be a Town move because ...

The Theoretical Convolutionist - always trying to get a discussion going on the mechanics of the game rather than actually just playing the game.

The Obscure Role Accusation Monger - Introduces obscure Roles into the discussion and creates a load of confusion about whether they could actually exist.

Bearer of Morton's Fork - I have NO idea

The Shamanic Scumhunter (scumhunts in altered states of consciousness) - Hahahaha ... they just FEEL or KNOW that someone is Mafia. Closely linked to the 6th Sense - I see Mafia Peoples

The Compulsive Revealer - poke them once and they Reveal everything

The Compulsive Rolefisher - Constantly poking others to get them to reveal

Captain Obvious - The repeater/stater of obvious things. Again means doesn't have to actually input anything original into the game

Captain Obtuse - Never says anything that can be clearly interpreted and in fact always says you have interpreted it wrong, but never tells you what the correct interpretation is and then refuses to discuss it at all.

The FoS Singularity - erm ...

The Greased Eel - double erm ...

The Hammurabic OMGUS Voter ... I have glimpses of what this one might be ... and then it just vanishes

The Compulsive Busser ... Is a busser OR is always saying that people are being bussed, doing the bussing

The Scum Captain Who Goes Down With the Ship ... I'm not too sure on this one

Scummy Appleseed ... I have no idea

The Trap Nester ... Erm

The Socratic Debater ... My philosophy / psycology skills are obviously lacking i think

Sigmund Freud ... The person who explains 'he is doing this because and it means this'?

The Projector ... again - not too sure

Could you clarify / confirm when you have time?

I am so in on this game.

The Dropout: starts with any one/two roles, swaps them a few phases in.

Have we had a compulsive defender role? I guess more shallow OMGUS votes on anyone who states a case, rather than a Freudian wall of logic that I inferred from above...

The Random. What it says on the tin, each phase.

The Big Name Guest From Times Of Old: Buddies up to all the 'big' players, tears the others to shreds or ignores completely. 

The Sole Arbiter of Optimal Play - There is only one correct strategy for any situation and that is the one the Sole Arbiter uses. Anyone who disagrees is a noob or a moron.

The Lecturer - Enjoys lecturing on mafia theory more than playing the game.

The Bickering Lovers - What Ithi said. Also, preferably a pair of vets who have been doing this for so long as to resemble an old married couple.

The al dente FoS thrower - Throws FoSes against the wall until one sticks (some people cook pasta like this).

The Pascal's Tunneler (metagame version of the above e.g. "X is scum, book it") - Like Pascal's Wager except replace belief in God with belief that some arbitrary player is mafia.

The Devil's Advocate - Always shoots down arguments he deems unworthy regardless of his own opinion on the matter.

The Theoretical Convolutionist - Makes overly complicated theories about setup, night actions, and player interaction.

The Obscure Role Accusation Monger - Generally accuses several people of being some obscure anti-town role by D2.

Bearer of Morton's Fork - Creates conditional logical arguments that inevitably result in the same conclusion. No matter how the lynch flips it will be used as evidence that Player X is mafia. Named after an infamous British tax collector :baalzamon:

The Shamanic Scumhunter (scumhunts in altered states of consciousness) - 6th sense for scum. May or may not use alcohol or recreational drugs to "aid" scumhunting.

The Compulsive Revealer - see Eternal Phoenix

The Compulsive Rolefisher - Doesn't know when to shut up about who he thinks could be the town power roles.

Captain Obvious - Always pointing out the obvious.

Captain Obtuse - Always unwilling or unable to accept obvious conclusions.

The FoS Singularity - Attracts suspicion like a black hole.

The Greased Eel - Suspicion slides off this person so naturally that no one notices.

The Hammurabic OMGUS Voter - Always tunnels anyone who votes him/her.

The Compulsive Busser - Busses at the slightest need, whether real or imagined.

The Scum Captain Who Goes Down With the Ship - Defends scummates to the point of suicide.

Scummy Appleseed - Subtly plants the seeds of scummy theories but waits for someone else to make them grow.

The Trap Nester - Every play this person makes is a trap. Oftentimes a trap within a trap. The layers of traps are unending and incomprehensible.

The Socratic Debater - Always asks leading questions instead of making declaraative statments.

Sigmund Freud - Sees anything and everything as scumslip.

The Projector - Accuses others of something he always does. Not in a hypocritical manner so much as a narcissistic one.

The Sole Arbiter of Optimal Play - There is only one correct strategy for any situation and that is the one the Sole Arbiter uses. Anyone who disagrees is a noob or a moron.

The Lecturer - Enjoys lecturing on mafia theory more than playing the game.

The Bickering Lovers - What Ithi said. Also, preferably a pair of vets who have been doing this for so long as to resemble an old married couple.

The al dente FoS thrower - Throws FoSes against the wall until one sticks (some people cook pasta like this).

The Pascal's Tunneler (metagame version of the above e.g. "X is scum, book it") - Like Pascal's Wager except replace belief in God with belief that some arbitrary player is mafia.

The Devil's Advocate - Always shoots down arguments he deems unworthy regardless of his own opinion on the matter.

The Theoretical Convolutionist - Makes overly complicated theories about setup, night actions, and player interaction.

The Obscure Role Accusation Monger - Generally accuses several people of being some obscure anti-town role by D2.

Bearer of Morton's Fork - Creates conditional logical arguments that inevitably result in the same conclusion. No matter how the lynch flips it will be used as evidence that Player X is mafia. Named after an infamous British tax collector :baalzamon:

The Shamanic Scumhunter (scumhunts in altered states of consciousness) - 6th sense for scum. May or may not use alcohol or recreational drugs to "aid" scumhunting.

The Compulsive Revealer - see Eternal Phoenix

The Compulsive Rolefisher - Doesn't know when to shut up about who he thinks could be the town power roles.

Captain Obvious - Always pointing out the obvious.

Captain Obtuse - Always unwilling or unable to accept obvious conclusions.

The FoS Singularity - Attracts suspicion like a black hole.

The Greased Eel - Suspicion slides off this person so naturally that no one notices.

The Hammurabic OMGUS Voter - Always tunnels anyone who votes him/her.

The Compulsive Busser - Busses at the slightest need, whether real or imagined.

The Scum Captain Who Goes Down With the Ship - Defends scummates to the point of suicide.

Scummy Appleseed - Subtly plants the seeds of scummy theories but waits for someone else to make them grow.

The Trap Nester - Every play this person makes is a trap. Oftentimes a trap within a trap. The layers of traps are unending and incomprehensible.

The Socratic Debater - Always asks leading questions instead of making declaraative statments.

Sigmund Freud - Sees anything and everything as scumslip.

The Projector - Accuses others of something he always does. Not in a hypocritical manner so much as a narcissistic one.

Archived