DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask Simple questions, get simple answers (aMoL version covering the entire series)

Barid Bel Medar

I'm not sure about Rand having no pulse. Nynaeve said Rand was dying and Moridin was recovering, and of course Rand's body is burned at the funeral so his body is dead. 

As to what his body-swap means, I'm not sure what you are referring to here? 

I mean, technically it means that he has a new body and can live a bit longer without all the pain and such and not be recognized as the Dragon, but I don't think that's what you mean. 

The body-swap is intentionally vague on RJ's orders. There are theories, but there is no answer as to how or why it happened. 

Of course, it has something to do with the link formed with Moridin throughout the series, as they slowly merge into one, but precisely how he managed to swap the body totally is anyone's guess, and isn't a simple question to answer. 

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got it, i only meant to ask if there was some story involved in rand having no pulse that i might have missed..as for swapping bodies i know that it is one of the three questions that are unanswered..thx again...also what in the name of light was Alivia doing the entire time the whole world was fighting in the last battle? i mean she may be 400 years old but she still is the most powerful channeler the light has got...i cant imagine she spent the entire time collecting coins from several nations for rand, or buying a horse, or shopping for clothes. i mean in a world of gateways this would takes hours if not minutes....anyway i like to assume that she was fighting somewhere in the last battle...

also this topic is awesome, i never imagined i could get satisfying answers in such a short time.. 

My memory of aMoL is sketchy, but I don't think we get any indication. We don't see her die, IIRC, however Cadsuane is approached by Yukiri, Lyrelle and Rubinde when they ask her to become Amyrlin. One would think that Silviana,  as Keeper or Former-Keeper would have something to do with it, which might indicate she died. 

So many fates left hanging. 

My memory of aMoL is sketchy, but I don't think we get any indication. We don't see her die, IIRC, however Cadsuane is approached by Yukiri, Lyrelle and Rubinde when they ask her to become Amyrlin. One would think that Silviana,  as Keeper or Former-Keeper would have something to do with it, which might indicate she died. 

So many fates left hanging. 

Yeah, but Silviana was particularly intriguing. She's kind of the Red's future, with Pevara, and I'd have thought we'd get something of that. I could see, for example, her having a say in picking Cadsuane, and then either continuing as her Keeper, or taking over the Red Ajah and making massive changes there. 

Thought the keeper will have no say regarding a new amyrlin as it is the hall's decision

A Keeper still has influence, was my point. The Keeper interfaces a lot with the Hall on behalf of the Amyrlin. And in a time of chaos where the Tower has lost so many sisters and Sitters, there's obviously even more reason to look to her for guidance. She was in the innermost councils of Egwene, and fought beside her in the Last Battle. If she survived, she'd definitely be an influential Aes Sedai, at the very least. 

• 4 weeks later...

I need help with a quotation about Callandor.

In spanish it goes like this: «Quien me empuña empuña el destino. Tómame y emprende el viaje final»

My quick free translation would be something like "Who holds me holds destiny. Take me and undertake the final journy".

I'm interested in knowing the original english quotation from the books.

Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

(1) Min's vision was that Serene would have a wild and passionate love affair, which I can only imagine was with her Warder but then Serene died.  Are we to just assume that this happened before she died?  Basically all we got was that she was stunningly beautiful and wrote some poetry comparing him to a leopard or something but that's kind of a let down if that's a "wild, passionate love affair".

(2) Egwene criticised Elaida's ascent to the Amyrlin Seat because Talene was Black Ajah and had a hand in getting her there.  By Egwene's interpretation this invalidated Elaida as Amyrlin and allowed the Shadow a say in who would lead the Aes Sedai.  But didn't Delana and Moria stand for Egwene to be Amyrlin Seat in Salidar...putting her in the same position where Black Ajah was involved in setting her up as an Amyrlin Seat?

Actually, Egwene criticized that Elaida was raised with the minimum and that the minimum containing Blacks.

with Egwene, the non-Blacks were more than the minimum.

my last question rephrased again::

Does any site have Tarmon Gaidon statistics?

mb, on 14 Jul 2014 - 3:35 PM, said:

Actually, Egwene criticized that Elaida was raised with the minimum and that the minimum containing Blacks.

with Egwene, the non-Blacks were more than the minimum.

This.

Elaida orchestrated events so that the bare minimum number to be raised was present for the vote. With some of those voters being BA the results should not have counted.

RJ and BS made Egwene into a flawless superhero, who can do wrong with absolutely no consequences

More sarcasm I see, or at least a pretty ridiculous oversimplification.

Guest Thee_Oniell

Somewhere there's a conversation going on about how good Aiel are versus a swordsman that ends somewhere along the lines of "if an Aiel has nothing but his hands and feet it will be an even match if he's [the swordsman] good." 

Does anybody know the Book or chapter? For the life of me I can't find it.

Archived