DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[SG Faire: WT & Warders] Aes Sedai thread

Elgee

I'm also torn between Travelling and Healing. Still... Healing could be used for so much better, and we can already travel everywhere on the world quite fast (even if it costs a lot,takes a bit of time bla bla). Just imagine what some people might do in warfare if gateways were possible...*shudder*

Also, I'm not really sure about the Talents involving manipulating the earth&elements - if you do one thing it could have catastrophic effects on the rest of nature's balance and cause a lot of havoc somewhere else :/

So yes, Healing.

Listening To The Wind would be really great too - it isn't harmful, but you can do a lot of good if you know what's happening/prepare for what's coming. :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dreamwalking would be bad for me or anyone around me sadly... I tend to have nightmares each night and a pretty vivid imagination, so that could potentially be a Bad Thing.

.. Now, for the second part of our discussion - If you could make a new Talent, what would you have it do??

For myself, I would want some sort of Talent to be able to speak to and understand animals.  I have a fearful dog, and it would be awesome to find out (in "english") what he's so  afraid of and why to help me understand his problems and help him overcome it.  Also, it would be amusing to hear what my cats are saying - are they really trying to trip me and make me fall down the stairs on purpose? :)  Plus, imagine how much easier it would be for vets to find out what's wrong with an animal, or for owners to understand why their pet is sick, etc. (Hmm, on that note, I wonder if the current Delving would work on an animal?? We know Healing works on them... wonder about Delving?  Does anyone remember any passages where that happens?).

I think Delving works on animals; remember Moiraine saying she didn't need rid Bela of tiredness, since Rand had been giving her energy without being aware of it? I figure she'd Delved her then.

I think being able to communicate with animals would be amazing. Another amazing Talent would be to turn things like dirt or stones into food.

As far as talents and weaves

I do think it would be awesome to talk to animals.

I would also like to have some kind of weave or talents to help me in research.

Something that'll help me find the right page information within a book.

Especially because not everybody has an index

Misheru - I wasn't thinking of that instance... I knew that Moiraine didn't need to heal her, but didn't think of it as Delving.. just as "there's nothing here to do"... LOL :)  So thanks for bringing that point up :D

Turning dirt/stone into food would definitely be a feat, though I wonder what type of weaves that would use?  Earth for sure, but what else? :)

For animal understanding/talking I figure it would be mostly a thing of Spirit.

Ahmoondah, that would indeed be awesome... have a Talent for basically a "find" in books... that would be sooo handy for all the books I don't have in e-book format!! 

Of course, you'd have to be careful not to look for anything too "broad" or else you could probably have it go haywire somehow..or at least be overwhelmed.. LOL :)

Anyone else?  What do you think the best new talent could be?

Some sort of 'make like new' talent.

Broken toaster? Make like new and you don't have to buy another one! It would be great for machinery, like washing machines, cos if they stopped working and you couldn't get a part anymore there would be no need to buy another one. That's not to stop manufacturing completely, cos there would always be new and improved things, but it would be nice not to have to throw away things cos one little piece is no longer working. Would reduce the amount we send to landfill as well.

And it would work on cd's / DVD's so if you scratched them then you could always fix them!

I would love to have the Healing talent coupled with Delving of a Healing nature.  Let's face it.  Just one of those talents without the other is difficult to use.  E.g. Healing someone without knowing the extent of the damage could miss issues, while delving without healing just leaves you watching the wounded suffer.

As to a new talent....  I believe a memory talent would be wonderful.  Imagine being able to recall everything you have learned or seen in vivid detail.  You would be the master of your profession and/or the world's best investigator.

Tyzack - LOVE the idea!! Not only do we get to look for other places to colonize, but look for other life forms (would take things like SETI to a whole new level).

Elaevia - I can definitely see the benefits there.. (look, gameboy from the 80s... like new!! I can play it again!!!!) :)  It would probably take work to keep people innovating though - since most of that comes from things that aren't quite right, or break often, so if you can always make things like new, that process could stop a LITTLE bit... but then, it's not like everyone would have a Talent for it (since we know Talents are rare)...but one could be the Best Repairperson in the World of ANYTHING!! LOL

Elynde - Healing with Delving would definitely be a benefit, but it could definitely happen and be an awesome combination to have.  And faster than Dr House... ;)  I love the idea of the Memory Talent.. I have a HORRIBLE short term memory, and something like that would be good for me - right now at work I have post-it notes everywhere so I can remember things!

I'd like to order a couple Memory talents for my boys. They can't remember anything unless it relates to a video game . . . LOL! So, where can I buy these Memory Talents? :biggrin:

Animal mindspeech would be cool to have.

Daruya, maybe you need to find someone that has the Creating Ter'angreal Talent to make some that will mimick a Memory Talent for them? :)

I like that idea.  Something like the libarary ter'angreal, but specifically for collecting and restoring memories. ...Wait.  That sounds like the memory well thing in Harry Potter.

Except there you'd be "extracting" memories and putting them in the basin... I'm not sure that keeping little vials of memories is the best way to do things... Doing it through Channelling would be much more effective and you'd have more cabinet space :)

Tamerya, thank you very much for a wonderfully entertaining discussion! If you like, you can make a thread at home where everyone can continue the discussion :)

I would now like to hand you over to Misheru Sedai, who will be leading the next phase of our event.

Hello, old and new friends! From Talents we move over to the people of the Tower themselves: The Aes Sedai!

We all have different images in our heads about how the Aes Sedai look like. Now, let's share those pictures! Every day I'll give you a couple of Aes Sedai I want to know how you think look like. Post pictures of actresses, models, or all kinds of people, if you think they resemble one of the Aes Sedais from the book. You can also post other than the ones I name each day!

I thought we could start off "easy" today with the three most known, the three we started with:

Moiraine, Egwene and Nynaeve!

On top of that, if you feel like more Aes Sedai fun, go check out these threads in the White Tower Social Group, where you can make your own:

Nynaeve

Elayne

Leanne

Moiraine

Siuan

Cadsuane

Birgitte

Lan

...or make an Aes Sedai or Warder-avatar of yourself!

So join us, in findng out how the ladies of the White Tower look like! :happy:

PS: Please only post pictures of Aes Sedai from the book, no other characters or RP characters! :)

*is not late*

I'm rubbish at coming up with my own ideas for what they look like, they are mostly just shadowy faces in my imagination. However in the White Winter Carnival Event Murder Mystery thing there was some siggys made up for the character that really hit the nail on the head for me.

Meryl Streep as Cadsuane and Sophie Ellis Bextor as Siuan Sanche. I know Bextor isn't even an actress but it chimed so right in my head

Archived