DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Seven Title Announced!

Niamh Sedai

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the announcement too! *dances*

However, I don't think the title is a reference to Godric's Hollow. It's spelled differently. Actually, I can't make sense of this title at all, since hallow means like, to revere or make holy... Or a shout. Though interestingly, it generally is regarded as something you shout out to the dogs when you're hunting with hounds...

*laughs* If I reacted, at all, my husband would roll his eyes at me and ask how old I was. Did I mention he's a little...grown up? LOL So, since I'm not reacting, he'll come in in about...2 hours and tell me that they've released the name of the last book. Then he'll get all huffy when I tell him an English girl beat him to the punch. *smirks*

Thanks, Nia! *grins and blows smooches*

Maybe it was supposed to be "gallows" but some wizard couldn't spell? *grins* Although it'd make a cool name for a monster, too... ("Quick, Harry's being attacked by dementors and hallows!")

As for me, I'm just glad there's finally a name - we've been taking reservations for it at Borders for a month now, and it's just silly to have reservations in the system for a book that we didn't even know the name of. *laughs*

Just posted the news on the General discussion board and then saw a thread about the new title here. :( Well, I should have known that some people here would know the title the minute it’s announced. :) Not sure if I like the title (or even understand it). Is it really the best of the three Rowling had? :?

Saw the article in the New York Daily News this morning and announced it to my 1st period 7th grade Science class! :P IMed Cairos about it, but he said he already knew cuz apparently Dah'mir saw this thread, lol! :P We're all too hilarious for words! I'm uber-excited about the book, but the title doesnt appeal to me yet. "DH" on many message boards is also an abbreviation for "Dear Husband"! :lol:

We don't know what the other titles were, but JK said that she was debating three different titles for this book.

And I'm not sure if I like this one. I didn't like Half-Blood Prince (the title, not the book :P) at first, either, but at least that one was somewhat more specific. For now DH is just far too obscure for my liking.

And according to dictionary.com "hallow" means to make something holy or to sanctify.

If it's a deathly hallow, then it could be Godric's Hollow. We do know someone died there (James and Lily), and we know it'll be important in book 7. It could also be the graveyard Harry was taken to in GoF, which is where Tom Riddle's father is buried, or it could be the unnamed graveyard Jo has talked about in interviews which apparently will be important in this book. And since the title is actually "deathly hallowS", then it could be all these. Or none of them.

Hmm.. I'm definitely intrigued.

all I can say is if Snape is being killed off, I'll be crossing the pond to England and go give a certain writer a little tiny piece of my mind.

Ok, so I still need to start reading the books, but that's so totally beside the point.

*nods gravely*

Archived