DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Book 11 - Rands Eye's

TimWA

• Community Administrator

Well thin is subjective.. It really depends on the quality of the cloth. Mins visions aren't necissarilly 100% accurate either. What they show is true, but what you see may not be what you thought it was...

Thers also the possibility that fisher is just a red herring. Jordan putting it there so you think thats what will happen when in fact it isn't and completely steers you off in a different direction.

Anyways, depending on the cloth, it could double as a bandage *for the burns that should be around rands face* as well as type of shades. Unless of course they are bound around the head 2-4 times or more. Which case pretty much no light could go through.... Then again, maybe rand was hiding out, pretending to be a blind man? Maybe he was blind, but not from this injury? Maybe his vision was restored enough to see, but his 20/20 is not more like a 200/200... which of course meant perminent eye damage, that giving there time frame/health/ect, could easilly mean its degenerative, which leed to him being blind. And since rand probably by that time may very well be steering clear of all aes sedia, refuses to get healed? Maybe he's pulling the o'l trick of the king pretending to be a begger? Or maybe its a homage to odysious?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mins visions aren't necissarilly 100% accurate either. What they show is true, but what you see may not be what you thought it was...

Interesting take ... which contradicts the books, since she says that when she knows what it means, it always happens ... but its totally irrelevant since I didn't even mention Min's viewings. I mentioned the Fisher piece in shah'rah and Perrin's Wolf Dream.

Thers also the possibility that fisher is just a red herring. Jordan putting it there so you think thats what will happen when in fact it isn't and completely steers you off in a different direction.

Everybody just says that when they don't like the way the story is pointing. You could say that about anything. "The Dark One isn't the real enemy, its just a red herring."

Anyways, depending on the cloth, it could double as a bandage *for the burns that should be around rands face* as well as type of shades.

Except that Nynaeve Healed all the burns.

Unless of course they are bound around the head 2-4 times or more. Which case pretty much no light could go through.... Then again, maybe rand was hiding out, pretending to be a blind man? Maybe he was blind, but not from this injury? Maybe his vision was restored enough to see, but his 20/20 is not more like a 200/200... which of course meant perminent eye damage, that giving there time frame/health/ect, could easilly mean its degenerative, which leed to him being blind. And since rand probably by that time may very well be steering clear of all aes sedia, refuses to get healed? Maybe he's pulling the o'l trick of the king pretending to be a begger? Or maybe its a homage to odysious?

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe he's going blind.

Did you forget about the access keys? Asmodean asks about it in Rhuidean when Rand asks him what he thinks his chances are and I believe Lanfear tells him with it he could challenge the DO and with both of them they could challenge the creator. Possibly in two different conversations. I don't have the book in front of me right now.

Lanfear belived they could challange the dark one, dont say they would.with only 2 ppl i dont think they can take the dark one, maybe if they have a sircle with more than 13 of the strongest channelers in the world.. but i dont think 2 ppl can take the dark one since lews terrin had 100 ...

just my oppinion

I don't think Calandor even exist when LTT went to seal the bore. Apparently Calador is the third strongest maale sa angreal ever created so it isn't too weak either.

Which is the second strongest male sa angreal? :?:

But Rand won't stand a chance with his channeling even with the Choedan Kal. If DO is truly the antithesis of the Creator, then the DO must be able to use the whole might of the TP and there is no ways that Rand can channel enough OP to beat DO.

• Community Administrator
Interesting take ... which contradicts the books, since she says that when she knows what it means, it always happens ... but its totally irrelevant since I didn't even mention Min's viewings. I mentioned the Fisher piece in shah'rah and Perrin's Wolf Dream.

It doesn't contridict the books at all. Its mearly Min interpurting the images wrongly. She may see one thing, think it means something. Only to find it means something else. Like someone lookg dead, but not dead, but have someone elses blood on them.

As for Perrins wolf dream, I thought I added it, but I musta forgot.. Hey it was late for me! like 3am....

If Mins visions, while the outcome always come to being, just not always how its interpurted. Then whos to say Perrins dreams are any more accurate then Mins? I'd be willing to bet Perrins wolf dreams, and Egwenes dreams are far less accurate then Mins viewings.

The Red herring idea is not a cheap copout you make it out to be, It is still a very valid arguement. ITs better then RAFO right? There are houndreds of things that could happen to rand and his eyes. He could go 'blind', and requires new eyes aka mat. Which I find unlikely. He could simply have minor burn damage and requires just a bit of time for it to heal. Time he may not have. Houndreds of outcomes that could happen. Even the 'rand goes blind' is possible. I was simply stating different things that could happen. Cause quite simply at this point, there is no way to actaully predict what will happen. Its all speculation. Will rand go blind. Who will mat give his eye to? Will it be rand? Will Perrin yet again betray rand for faile? Will Rand ever get that mythical 4-some he's always wanted with Faile, Elayne and Aviendah? Will Elaynes child be born before or after the final battle? Is it going to be one of the heroes of the horn? Whats so special about them? Most of them could all just be red herrings. we don't know, we can speculate and speculate at what might happen but until book 12 comes out, we will not know.

Will rand go blind? Maybe.

Will rand permanent minor eye damage? Maybe.

Will rand ever get his mythical 4-some? Nope. Though, he does have those injuries on his side.... :P

Lanfear belived they could challange the dark one' date=' dont say they would.with only 2 ppl i dont think they can take the dark one, maybe if they have a sircle with more than 13 of the strongest channelers in the world.. but i dont think 2 ppl can take the dark one since lews terrin had 100 ...

just my oppinion[/quote']

Her exact quote is:

"With those, together, the other Chosen will kneel at our feet. We can supplant the Great Lord himself, challenge the Creator. We-"

Then Rand cuts her off.

I'm not saying with the one he can just whip up on the DO but if she's certain that with both they could I'm sure he can compete with the one. I highly doubt he will be insignificant personally during TG. I think he will play an instrumental role in sealing the DO's prison.

I still think his eye sight has nothing to do with the fireball. I think it goes back to the event of crossing the streams and his being linked with Moridin. Nynaeve's healing ability is good, she could fix Rand's eyes from that. She can't fix Rand's problem with his eyes because of the "crossing streams" part and the problem is really with Moridins eyes.

Not necessarily true, Rand seems to feel the effects from the streams when channelling or trying to channel. Was Rand channeling or trying to close to the time Nynaeve delved him? Wasn't he or LTT trying to when or after the fireball nailed him?

Was Rand channeling or trying to close to the time Nynaeve delved him?

Yes. The last time she delved him, in the last Rand POV chapter before the confrontation with Semirhage (KoD chapter 21 Within the Stone) was while he was holding saidin, immediately after he seized it and felt nauseous.

Rand's eye problem is a result of the explosion bare feet from his face. I really don't understand why this is so hard for people to accept. Is it really that odd that an explosion strong enough to blow his hand completely off would damage other parts of him as well?

So he's blind and one handed, he's never gonna get as good as he was with the sword. But u need to see the weaves to be able to channel right? this has been mentioned a few times here already, but does anyone have the slightest idea how he's going to win TG if he can't do anything?? :? :shock: or maybe there is some super secret way to win that I haven't noticed?

No one said he's blind. In fact, last we "saw" him, he could see pretty damn well, just with a sort of haze, and the glare from the sun (light) seemed to bother him more. Maybe he'll just spend time with the bandage/cloth on to heal? Who knows.

Or maybe Rand's part in the Last Battle won't be to go in channeling against millions of scrub Trollocs. Maybe he'll be busy fighting the DARK ONE, who doesn't have a physical form. And maybe Rand is going to die, so he doesn't need to be in good shape.

Look, if the Last Battle was just about Rand burning millions of Trollocs with the Power, he could have picked up the Choedan Kal several books ago, skipped into the Blight, and leveled the place. The Choedan Kal can Break the World. So why is he going to the trouble of uniting the nations? Why bother finding and training the Asha'man? Because Rand has one and only one thing to do at the Last Battle. Take on Shai'tan. He won't need his eyes for that. In fact, he probably has to die in order to be able to do it.

Push him out of the Bore long enough for the Pattern to fix itself. Thats all Rand has to do, but it is likely that it will take every bit of ability Rand has to do that.

He can't kill the Dark One (despite some peoples theories), and he can't even beat him up. He also can't fix the Bore with the Power (Lews Therin tried, with hundreds of years of experience, and ultimately failed.) I think Rand is going to have to go into the Prison, and essentially force the Dark One to concentrate on him long enough for the Pattern to "Heal". And Rand won't need his body for that, since the Prison is not a physical place.

I agree with RobertAlexWillis, and would like to add one thing to his theory. It will be the Ta`veren effect that will unmake the Bore. Rand will use the Choedan Kal to hold the DO inside his prison, while the ta`veren will have all the Treads of the Pattern bending around them, fixing the Bore in the process.

Perhaps it will be necessary to have one ta`veren(Rand) in the Prison(outside the Pattern), one(Perrin) in Tel`aran`rhiod(a reflection of all of the Pattern),and one(Mat) in the "real" world(in the Blight, leading the armies).

This would give Mat and Perrin an important task that no other can do during Tarmon Gaidon. It`s obvious that Mat will lead the Army of the Light, but I haven`t seen any convincing theory on what Perrin is supposed to do. If anyone have any other suggestions as to what Perrin will do at Tarmon Gaidon, let`s hear them.

Can the Last Battle heven happen without the DO being "freed"? If the DO is in fact freed from his prison, perhaps the Creator himself might touch the world, in some fashion. Meh, I have multiple loony theories about the Last Battle, but no logical ones. :)

Archived