DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Book 11 - Rands Eye's

TimWA

do u actually know all this or are u just trying to come up with a theory?

No. Its a theory. If I knew for sure, then that would mean I had snuck into RJ's house and browsed through his notes. (I wish! 8) ) But I think its a sound theory that matches up with what we do already know.

Can the Last Battle heven happen without the DO being "freed"?

I don't think so. If the Shadow initiates it, their whole purpose is to free him. If Rand initiates it, he has to get rid of the imperfect seals, which are now blocking the Bore open.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not all into this the way some of you are so I apologize if this seems way out and not backed up with quotes and all.

My brother in law mentioned a theory he had dealing with Nynaeve. I don't have the direct quote but it was something to do with her not being satisfied until she healed someone 3 days dead. This brought to mind another saviour who risened (is that a word?) on the 3rd day and we know that RJ is exploring the messiah affect with this series.

So what do you think, is Nynaeve going to bring Rand back from the dead?

• 2 years later...

I'm not all into this the way some of you are so I apologize if this seems way out and not backed up with quotes and all.

My brother in law mentioned a theory he had dealing with Nynaeve. I don't have the direct quote but it was something to do with her not being satisfied until she healed someone 3 days dead. This brought to mind another saviour who risened (is that a word?) on the 3rd day and we know that RJ is exploring the messiah affect with this series.

So what do you think, is Nynaeve going to bring Rand back from the dead?

Wow 2 years and no answer? Course I have been out of pocket for awhile now and this may have been discussed elsewhere. I apologize.

So, because Leigh over on the tor website has been doing a reread with commentary, I started my own reread again and just now came across the section I was talking about, LoC pg. 245 hardbound. Elayne is thinking to herself as she and Nynaeve ready themselves to enter T'A'R:

"...Burned out it was called when it happened by accident. yet it was just as final. Nynaeve did not think so, of course, but Nynaeve would not be satisfied till she Healed somebody three days dead."

So, I ask again, we seeing a little bit of foreshadowing here?

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

or in this case everyone!!!  How many people are going to have eye injuries in this series besides Mat and Rand?  haha.  Maybe Mat will donate an eye to Rand and Nynaeve will perform a successful eyeball transplant with the One Power, finally getting Sumeko to stop nagging her about how much better she is at Healing than Nynaeve.

hmmmmm....

So, I ask again, we seeing a little bit of foreshadowing here?

I highly doubt it. There is more to life than the mere physical processes. Rand proved that when he attempted to bring that girl back from the dead. Healing only affects the physical processes, not the soul, insofar as I'm aware.

I believe that figure of speech was just hyperbole.

risened (is that a word?)

The word is "rose" or, more arguably, "arose."

I would like to mention a few things here I feel were overlooked.  I wanted to see if people were still watching this thread beyond the newest posters also.  It was mentioned earlier that a blindfold or bandage would symbolize temporary injury, but I point out that Lady Justice is blindfolded and her sight isn't coming back anytime soon.  my other thought was that we have seemed to forget that Toram (the Seafolk guy) has a pair of glasses.  The Seaflolk supposedly make the best looking glasses and have adapted them to face mounted applications.  This could be part of a bargain by Rand to bring the Seafolk into the last battle?

Archived