DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Chapter Two Transcribed?

phoenixtrinity

Is anyone currently working on a written version of the chapter two audio? I have attempted to listen to the audio but, personally, I have a hard time listening to audio because I prefer to read. I was just curious if this is in the makings.

Then again, I suppose I could just listen to it and write it out myself, then read it. Still curious, though.

I agree. The reader had pacing problems and read some characters (elayne) as emotionless robots. The audiobook reaffirmed my belief that RJ did not pronounce most of the words out loud because there are too many hard sounds per word. Most languages limit it to one hard sound/accent per word, or at least not in close succession. I will go back to mispronouncing words because they actually sound better that way

lol barid, when i saw someone posted in this thread again i was about to say "if you want it transcribed type it out yourself, and keep it to yourself". it really isn't that many words, maybe a thousand or two. the problem is it is the audio version that is free, even typing it out and sharing it would be questionable. but at the same time me saying "keep it to yourself" is also questionable :happy:

oh, you want it transcribed? like this?

“I don’t know how,” he said, standing up and breathing in deeply. “I’m sorry.” He was telling the truth. “That circle was a bad idea,” she said. He offered a hand to help her to her feet. She stood on her own without accepting it. “I believe it was your bad idea before it was mine.” “So it was,”

man i just thought about that, it sounds NASTY.

that really was just random, i did not intend it, but i shall not remove it! bad context can be so funny.

oh, you want it transcribed? like this?

“I don’t know how,” he said, standing up and breathing in deeply. “I’m sorry.” He was telling the truth. “That circle was a bad idea,” she said. He offered a hand to help her to her feet. She stood on her own without accepting it. “I believe it was your bad idea before it was mine.” “So it was,”

man i just thought about that, it sounds NASTY.

that really was just random, i did not intend it, but i shall not remove it! bad context can be so funny.

I didn't think of it that way until you said it. :dry:

Now I can't get it out of my head!

I'm not saying it was done intentionally (maybe), but that entire scene (Pevara and Androl, yes?) reads like a sexual encounter. As I recall, Pevara even at one point during the link likens Saidin to a "serpent" that Anrdol is wrestling to control (and she comments on how... small his... talent is. ahem... Poor guy). Listen to that whole scene - it's rife with innuendo, at least listening with that lens.

For those who haven't seen this before, RJ had a very concrete idea of how the names in his books are to be pronounced, and he worked with both Michael Kramer and Kate Reading to make sure they were pronounced correctly in the audiobooks.

So, what you get in this excerpt is what RJ intended when he invented the names.

For those who haven't seen this before, RJ had a very concrete idea of how the names in his books are to be pronounced, and he worked with both Michael Kramer and Kate Reading to make sure they were pronounced correctly in the audiobooks.

So, what you get in this excerpt is what RJ intended when he invented the names.

In my mind I pronounce everybody's name the way I want. Especially the early characters as I started the series 22 years ago at the age of 14 when I was more prone to mistakes. Though I always did consult the handy glossery. For instance I know RJ did not like Mazrim Taim's being pronounced as the word tame, I think he had a quote along the lines of "there is nothing tame about Taim". In my head he will always be tame, though. Now, if I'm in an actual conversation with someone, I will try to pronounce them correctly so as to minimize looking like an idiot.

Lol you guys wandered off the main topic pretty quickly.

So is anyone going to bother transcribing it? I listened to five minutes of it and it honestly was the worst reading I have ever heard.

Painful... just so bad.

Someone please transcribe it... I would be very grateful.

Lol you guys wandered off the main topic pretty quickly.

So is anyone going to bother transcribing it? I listened to five minutes of it and it honestly was the worst reading I have ever heard.

They were actually on the topic as long as it had merit. Someone did transcribe it (or began to), but Tor issued a legal warning to do away with the transcription. So you're not going to see a transcription posted here or anywhere else that respects the law.

Why NOW? At the very end, lol? The very last book and they take this attitude now? Its been tradition for years for the transcriptions to be done and never a word about it. ... Its common practice in the Net age among publishers to grant the fans a bit of leeway with transcriptions...

If this came down from Harriet...then - to be honest - it'd be pretty disheartening.

Fish

The chapter 2 release was obviously a marketing move to promote the audiobooks. Someone like Audible probably compensated them for this move. Transcribing would violate the intent of the release.

I believe previous transcriptions have been from readings at events, not from copyrighted audiobooks. I am not a lawyer or an expert - just offering a guess as to why it is like this.

The chapter 2 release was obviously a marketing move to promote the audiobooks. Someone like Audible probably compensated them for this move. Transcribing would violate the intent of the release.

I believe previous transcriptions have been from readings at events, not from copyrighted audiobooks. I am not a lawyer or an expert - just offering a guess as to why it is like this.

No, the audible excerpts have been available at least from TGS, and they were transcribed until now. This is a new thing, but it remains legally within their rights.

Archived