DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Perspectives you dont want to see and you want to see

NitroS

Cads: I mean what does she have to do now? Not a damn thing

Cads could achieve a very great deal. For instance I could see her as being the one Aes Sedai strong enough in herself to face the stupidities inherent in the Oaths=Aes Sedai mentality once the full truth of the Oaths is revealed, and take a stand against them. She is also the one Aes Sedai strong enough to actually achieve something in taking such a stance.

She is also possibly the only person aside from Moiraine who could convince the White Tower NOT to oppose Rand, if she chooses to support him.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cads could achieve a very great deal. For instance I could see her as being the one Aes Sedai strong enough in herself to face the stupidities inherent in the Oaths=Aes Sedai mentality once the full truth of the Oaths is revealed, and take a stand against them. She is also the one Aes Sedai strong enough to actually achieve something in taking such a stance.

If you think that'll play a major role in the last book. Perhaps, although the Golden Girls have already pieced that info together and I'd bet they would be the ones who got the POV if it became a major point. (Which it may who knows).

She is also possibly the only person aside from Moiraine who could convince the White Tower NOT to oppose Rand, if she chooses to support him.

I think that would fall more to Ny and Moraine, if it doesn't just fall to the rest of the world listening to Rand and accepting his decisions. I can't see Cad's playing a major part there, how many people think she's dead?

Now the Sorelia one, Eh.

I'm taking a 6th choice for bottom of the barrel POV's.

6. Faile, anything she does can be viewed through Perrin. I have had enough of them both even if they still have big parts to play. Only have one POV for any situation that includes them because over the last two books there has just been too much.

6. Faile, anything she does can be viewed through Perrin. I have had enough of them both even if they still have big parts to play. Only have one POV for any situation that includes them because over the last two books there has just been too much.

I'd like to say her time as a main character is over, but the whole broken crown thing means she may get crowned or something of that sort, maybe they'll put the POV in her father's eyes. I hope.

I'd like to say her time as a main character is over, but the whole broken crown thing means she may get crowned or something of that sort, maybe they'll put the POV in her father's eyes. I hope.

If she is getting crowned then 1) Her daddy is dead. 2) perrin is getting crowned to, so lets see it through him. Perrins story arc has been wwwaaayy overdone last couple books and frankly the less time he eats up the better. But he is still a much better PoV then Faile. I used to enjoy Perrin's parts but Faile has a tendency to absolutely ruin everything and i have always found her unlikeable.... Not the pure hatred i have for Egwene and Elayne.... Just a strong dislike :p

These are my top MUST SEE povs

- Black Tower, Logain/Taim/Androl

- Demandred, any of the remaining foresaken, Moridin, Shadar,

- Fain (this guy has bee a wild card the whole series, I want to know more of what he's planning)

- obviously lots of Rand/Mat/Perrin

- Tuon, but not enough to be over kill

- Cadsuane/Moriaine/Nynaeve/Egwene

- Lan at tarwins gap kicking trolloc ass and/or lan-Moraine reunion?

POVs i can live without

- Aviendha, (really just dont care)

- Faile ( please, please, please die)

- Elayne/birgitte/morgase/(although I know Elayne won't happen one can wish)

-Galad and the white cloaks (unless its galad dieing)

It would be incredible to see a Shaidar Haran pov ... since I think that would effectively amount to a pov from the Dark One ... but then again, I'm not sure that any author could do such a pov justice, really. That's not a knock on Brandon, I'm not sure even RJ would have gone directly into Shai'tan's head. But I guess we'll see. If it can be done right, I think it would be pretty epic.

If she is getting crowned then 1) Her daddy is dead. 2) perrin is getting crowned to, so lets see it through him. Perrins story arc has been wwwaaayy overdone last couple books and frankly the less time he eats up the better. But he is still a much better PoV then Faile. I used to enjoy Perrin's parts but Faile has a tendency to absolutely ruin everything and i have always found her unlikeable.... Not the pure hatred i have for Egwene and Elayne.... Just a strong dislike :p

Well. Her daddy may step aside for her to get it due to age. It's possible.

Well. Her daddy may step aside for her to get it due to age. It's possible.

That doesn't strike me as likely. Davram Bashere is still vigorous and active - in his prime, really, as a leader. Besides, I think Min's "something dark" around him is doom. My money's on Tenobia going out in a blaze of glory, Davram dying as the result of some kind of betrayal, and Perrin and Zarine ruling whatever is left of Saldaea. But it is definitely all speculation at this point.

If you think that'll play a major role in the last book. Perhaps, although the Golden Girls have already pieced that info together and I'd bet they would be the ones who got the POV if it became a major point. (Which it may who knows).

I think that would fall more to Ny and Moraine, if it doesn't just fall to the rest of the world listening to Rand and accepting his decisions. I can't see Cad's playing a major part there, how many people think she's dead?

Now the Sorelia one, Eh.

Cadsuane is a legend among Aes Sedai. All living ones are truly children to her. She can give tremendous leverage to any initiative taken by Aes Sedai to develop/fix the binder issue. The super girls lack the age and history as well as traditional reputation and perception among AS. They're basically upstarts in the eyes of many AS; despite their achievements. Look at how the Yellows treated Nynaeve before her test and what their reaction was to her discovery of healing stilling.

PoVs I desperately want:

Rand! IIRC, we have not seen his PoV since VoG! I want to see how he thinks now that his memories are fully integrated and no longer "LTT's voice".

Really, his is the one I am most looking forward too.

Demandred. What the hell has he been balefiring?

Taim. Who the hell is this guy and how did he get some rocks from Shayol Ghul?

PoV I would like, but probably won't happen:

Setelle Anan. She just seems so mysterious to me.

PoV I can do without:

Fain. meh, we already know what he is all about.

PoV I absolutely do not want:

Gawyn. He is just the absolute worst.

Now the Sorelia one, Eh.

Cadsuane is a legend among Aes Sedai. All living ones are truly children to her. She can give tremendous leverage to any initiative taken by Aes Sedai to develop/fix the binder issue. The super girls lack the age and history as well as traditional reputation and perception among AS. They're basically upstarts in the eyes of many AS; despite their achievements. Look at how the Yellows treated Nynaeve before her test and what their reaction was to her discovery of healing stilling.

This. Even if Egwene or one of the Wonder Girls were to 360 on their 180 change of mind about the Oaths, their youth and failure to respect the existing traditions would stand against them--that was the reason Nynaeve's testing got so wack, specifically because Romanda was reacting to the ways in which she had already stepped outside of tradition, and you can be sure that neither Nynaeve's actions nor Egwene dire warnings particularily impresses any of the women present.

This goes beyond that. Challenging the Oaths is to challenge the very concept of what it is to be Aes Sedai--that that concept is stupid is irrelevent. If one of the girls does it, her track record alone would lodge in any normal Aes Sedai's throat long before she came to considering the actual validicy of the argument.

Cadsuane, in direct oposition, is the very ideal of what it is to be Aes Sedai. She has shown that she can live under the shawl, and therefore if she were to challenge the Oaths it would have a lot more weight than some upstart girl who was never properly trained to begin with, as the other sister would see it. That alone would lend the argument weight enough to recieve genuine consideration, even if Cadsuane were not a legend on top of that, and a forceful personality to boot.

Her simply foreswearing the Oaths would go a long way sheerly due to it being one image of what it is to be Aes Sedai turning her back on another image.

Luckers, would Tam slap Cadsuane? i like how you represented Cadsuane, but your Tam al'Thor seemd a little more like Mazrim Taim.

He wouldn't have slapped her because he's evil, or to get her to do anything, he'd have slapped her because he'd seen his son driven to the very edge of sanity, and Cadsuane had used him to do the driving. He'd have done it because he himself had been driven half mad by the plight of his son. And he'd have regretted it deeply.

Do not want:

1. Any more scenes of "Perrin loves his Wife." I get it.

2. Elayne is making Birgitte upset. who cares.

Definitely want

1. Ending of all unresolved topics.

2. mat going back in the tower to get more stuff and kick snake tail. haha

I could see her wrapping Tam in flows of air before i could see Tam slapping her

Not sure how? We never, not once see Cads resort to using the power in that manner throughout the entire series, not only that but perhaps more important we never see her lose control. In one blunt sentence BS had her coldly asking why Tam went off script and then in the next lashing out of control with the power under zero provocation. This is the same woman who calmly agreed to risk the world in guarding Rand's back when he decided the taint needed to be cleansed. On the flip side of things we have Tam who is on edge after actually going through the traumatic experience with his son first hand. Again he would have regretted it later but given what had just happened it is the far more believable scenario.

I could see her wrapping Tam in flows of air before i could see Tam slapping her

Not sure how? We never, not once see Cads resort to using the power in that manner throughout the entire series, not only that but perhaps more important we never see her lose control. In one blunt sentence BS had her coldly asking why Tam went off script and then in the next lashing out of control with the power under zero provocation. This is the same woman who calmly agreed to risk the world in guarding Rand's back when he decided the taint needed to be cleansed. On the flip side of things we have Tam who is on edge after actually going through the traumatic experience with his son first hand. Again he would have regretted it later but given what had just happened it is the far more believable scenario.

the same woman who would do whatever it takes just tried and as far as she knows, failed. This was the man that didn't listen to what she told him and would have put all her life's work in jeopardy and doomed the world. She didn't attack him. She held him in place to lecture him. Tam on the other hand is shown more like Perrin throughout the series. Calm, thoughtful, and every word/action seems to have been carefully thought out. He is not impulsive enough to strike Cads. Shout, yes. Strike, no. Remember, he is also a disapplined soldier. Cads having the AS calm means nothing because we've seen that break when their plans fail

the same woman who would do whatever it takes just tried and as far as she knows, failed. This was the man that didn't listen to what she told him and would have put all her life's work in jeopardy and doomed the world. She didn't attack him. She held him in place to lecture him. Tam on the other hand is shown more like Perrin throughout the series. Calm, thoughtful, and every word/action seems to have been carefully thought out. He is not impulsive enough to strike Cads. Shout, yes. Strike, no. Remember, he is also a disapplined soldier. Cads having the AS calm means nothing because we've seen that break when their plans fail

Here life's work, she was in retirement and it wasn't until very late in her career that she started working with Rand? Also are you really trying to compare how other AS act to Cads? In relation to Tam we don't know how he acted as a soldier earlier in his life during times of high stress. You don't need to be an impulsive person when you just had been face to face with your son who almost balefired you out of existence. That is by far the more traumatic scenario of the two, especially given we have already seen how Cads responds with the fate of the world hanging in the balance.

Regardless what you think of Tam the fact remains she asked a question, he started to answer and totally out of character she snatches him with the power in the course of one sentence. When has she ever needed to use the power to lecture? She would have been disgusted by any AS that would have resorted to that. For all that it was cathartic for people that dislike AS it was very poor writing.

So, I'm rereading this books for the first time in years. I'm over a quarter of the way through book 4. Perrin's leaving for the Two Rivers to stop the White Cloaks and Rand is going to the Waste with the Aiel. So, I'm not long past the part where Perrin goes to Loial's room in the Stone of Tear to ask him to guide him by the Ways and find Faile there. I forgot what a manipulative ass she could be. I can understand RJ's need to keep tension in the relationships to keep them interesting but Perrin's family, the guy who was teaching him his trade and entire village was being threatened and she was small enough to keep playing her game with him??? What an !#$%!@#%

She snapped. Why is it so hard to think she could do that.

1. We have already seen how she acts when faced with the destruction of the world.

2. Read RJ's notes on the character.

1. I think this one is worse than the other time.

2. I didn't read his notes, but it is not a far stretch from what is shown in the book. Maybe a slight deviation but it is not out of left field

Archived