DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Semi-Official Black Tower WoW Geeks Thread

Songstress

Only semi-official 'cuz I AM NOT DESPOTHERA.

At least I wasn't last time I checked. Someone please tell me if that has changed.

>.>

<.<

>.<

So! For those who are BT members, or frequent visitors, or just happen by and see this... if you play World of Warcraft or have played in the past, and feel the need to geek out a bit with those who understand your references, feel free to join in. Tell stories. Talk about your characters or your guild. Rant about instances you hate. Link fun WoW-related stuff. Whatever suits your WoW geek fancy. :biggrin:

I started this thread because of the serious potential for derailing the "Would You Rather" game thread, as seen here:

Would you rather play WoW or Guild Wars Two?

WoW. I miss my moonkin.

WoW. I miss my moonkin.

You were a moonkin?!

Moofire lazers pew pew pew!!!!!!

Tauren or NE? Or did you play after more races could be druid?

I was a kitty drood btw, and I made grand marshall way back in the day before any expansions had even come out :cool:

You were a moonkin?!

Moofire lazers pew pew pew!!!!!!

Tauren or NE? Or did you play after more races could be druid?

I was a kitty drood btw, and I made grand marshall way back in the day before any expansions had even come out :cool:

I were - my main was a Nelf, and the only one who made it to level 85 (pre-BC Commander, my server Alliance side had an unofficial PVP cabal who attempted to control who made Grand Marshal... crazy things ensued...). I also had a level 80 Nelf Feral Tank/Resto alt on the same server... and a level 80 Tauren Boomkin named Moofyre on a different server. And a whooooooollllleeeeee lotta other alts. Quit a year and a half ago. But I'll not derail this thread further with WoW geekitude. Can start another thread for that. :biggrin:

Played WoW from release up until a year ago. Finally had enough. I could never find a good guild. After running with one of the best guilds ever in DAOC, everything in WoW was just too dumbed down I suppose. And the elitists were annoying.

And 50+ runs in IC with no arPen trink drop from Deathbringer really spelled the end of MMO loot grinding for me.

But then again, gaming since then has been kind of meh, at least until GW2 releases!

I played it through Wrath. I raided purely for the challenge of it, didnt care bout loot though it was nice to get some. Once raiding became so easy I could compare Hard Modes of end game Wrath to things like Kara, Gruuls or Tempest Keep I stopped. I didnt like how everything became a gear check stead of a skill check. I wasnt an elitist mind you, I figured anyone could do it if they tried enough and that being able to do it put me above others, it was just nice to have the gear or the something to show "Hey that guy went and accomplished something that ((at the time)) was really hard."

Think farthest I got was 4 bosses in to Sunwell before we hit a wall.

Also Mages all the way.

:laugh:

I loved the thread title Tress, vurry funny lol.

And ohmaigosh I have so much to tell!

Ok well to start off, Droods are EASILY the best class in the game. Can tank better than warriors, DPS better than rogues, groupheal better than priests, and pvp better than shamans. Oh yeah, and they get their own epic mount forms!!!! Oh yeah and they can kitty shred your face RAWRRRRRRRRR

So, I had a pretty storied existence on WoW. To start off with, I was on the Laughing Skull realm. For those not in the know, that was the server that Leeroy Jenkins was on. And yes, he was a pally that one time used "Lay on Hands" on me in a warsong gulch match, and gave me just a smidgeon of a nerdgasm (:laugh:) His guild was Palls for Life, and he def helped make the server one of the most popular on WoW.

More to follow!

Dr00ds FTW! I actually started playing WoW because I watched my husband play his NE Druid up to level 25 or so... it looked like tons of fun. I started about a year after the game was released - it took me a while to talk myself into paying a monthly subscription when we'd been playing a free text MUD for a long time... but our favorite people on the MUD had migrated to WoW, and it was inevitable. And so much cooler.

On the MUD, I'd had a max level half-elf Bard (which was a hybrid class that was a large part rogue-ish) and a lowbie grey elf Invoker, so when I started playing I named my druid after the invoker (because she was a full elf), and I made a human rogue that I named after the bard. Then my husband's best friend, whose server we'd rolled on (SKULLCRUSHER, RAWR) said I ought to roll a warrior instead, cuz he was a priest, and hubby had decided to try a mage, so we needed a tank.

Yeah, he was prejudiced against druid tanks back then. To be fair, it was just before, or maybe just after the big druid revamp patch (1.8, I believe?) and everyone was still learning what druids could do.

I got a warrior up to level 44 or 45, and just hated playing her so bad I gave up. Played the rogue a bit, but the druid was always my favorite. I went feral/resto hybrid, and tanked 5-mans for us anyway. As the end of Vanilla approached, our friend Dave's raiding guild started losing members, and hubby and I were conscripted to join, because for 40 mans having a 30/21 mostly feral druid with Nature's Swiftness spamming Rank 4 Healing Touch and a Ret Pally spamming Flash of Light to fill out the ranks could still get you by, as long as they knew enough not to stand in the fire.

Karazhan totally broke our guild up, and several of us were absorbed in another guild right around the time SSC and TK were released. They made me go full resto. I had to be a tree, and I was sad, but I was quite good at it. My hubby and his best friend rerolled Horde on Khadgar because they didn't really feel they fit in with the new guild, so I made a Tauren druid to play with them, and leveled her entirely as Balance from day 1 just for a different experience. I named her Moofyre, because I could. :laugh:

moofyre.jpg

And my main's raiding guild liked me, so when WotLK was released, and I got to 70 before most of the other healers, I was allowed to switch specs to balance because I already knew how to play it. :wub: And then because I had way too much free time on my hands, I deleted my old warrior alt, and made another druid on the same server. I was no good at WotLK cat DPS (gah, so complicated), so I main spec'd her feral tank, and dual spec was resto. By the end of the expansion, she was geared enough to tank ICC 10 man, or heal it on heroic.

I could ramble endlessly about playing a druid. Loved it.

And of course, being a druid, my favorite battleground was Warsong Gulch. :laugh: One time I managed to pull together an all-druid WSG group for a couple of hours, after watching this video.

Ours was not so epic, but it was still hella fun.

Mages are best, it is known. You may be able to turn into a bird, a tree, a bear, a cat and a weird bird thing but mages can turn people into Penquins, Cats, Frogs, Sheep, Turtles, Birds, and many other things. Heck I made it my personal quest to get all of the different Polymorphs out there because they were so amusing.

Also being able to burn through like 10-20k mana in 5 seconds was amazing. Arcane mage all the way.

I've tried WoW for a couple of weeks, and there really wasn't much to bring me into the game. I don't have loads of time to sink into the game like that - I've got school and homework plus here to keep track of. I'm still a newb at MMO's, so I'm new to the whole guild and grind thing. I think it would have been more fun if I actually knew what I was supposed to be doing! :laugh: I enjoyed playing mages and paladins the best. I hated rogues. Priests were also fun, as were druids. I might try again during the school year - when I'm the RA stuck sitting behind the front desk with nothing to do.

Having a good group of people to play with makes a big difference in keeping from getting bored, IMO. It's the only reason why I was able to play for 5 years. :laugh:

Vanilla WoW memories..... I still get chills from this:

FLAME! DEATH! DESTRUCTION! COWER MORTALS BEFORE THE WRATH OF LORD....NO! I MUST FIGHT THIS!

I'm not the only one! Yay! I kinda sorta not really play WOW. Usually I only go on for events now. However I did create a guild called People of the Dragon :D I've moved onto lotro now though. In reference to wow or gw2, I played gw before I ever played wow and I prefer it. I'm also really excited for gw2 :biggrin:

I cant tell you how evil this tune is now that it is stuck in my head.

On a side note I should be Asha'man any day now. Come up with your siggy bet idea yet?

Oof. Will work on that this weekend. Changing work schedules this week has me losing track of time, and would probably lose track of random body parts if they weren't attached.

Okay I finally got some time to post in here again

Soooo I gotta say, yall think I have a reputation on THESE forums, well yall shoulda seen me back in the day on the laughing skull server forum :laugh:

All the braggadocio and stuffs is all tongue in cheek now of course, as I'm sure many of you realized. Well, in wow, I just so happened to be really good at pvp (I made grand marshall when the only people that were close to me in my grind towards it were guildfarmed characters, and I did teh world pvp too :biggrin:), so I basically had a fun time griefing others on the forums and such.

There were literally entire guilds devoted to trying to "take me down a notch" as people would say, but unfortunately they were never able to lol. I know this is coming off as conceited, but seriously, after enough epic 1v3, 2v5, and other such stacked contests in the world and battlegrounds, it's kinda hard NOT to get a little cocky hehe.

And druids are really SOOOO devestating in pvp. You just. can't. slow them down. And good luck chasing one down if he's trying to kite you. And beng able to change forums depending on the situation really helps to keep the momentum on your side throughout the battle. Fact is, the feral/resto druid in battlegrounds being played by a skilled player was absolutely devestating, even moar so if he/she had a good pally to back them up. The enemy never knows who to target, and before they know it they've been clawed to death. HOT's FTW!!! Don't need none of that casting time ish! Seriously, my druid was relentless in it's attack, and God have mercy if your cooldowns were already used up before you began the fight (it would end quickly in such scenarios)

As for the pve thing, I agree that it's much more about gear than skill level, which is why I personally never got as much into the pve side. I dabbled here and there, but I just was never kosher with a guild telling me I "had" to spec resto for them, when my armor rating could be close to 3 times that of the main guild tank (this is back before they nerfed the armor rating buff droods used to have). Luckily I had a good enough reputation that I was called in fairly often to help out with various guilds raids and stuffs.

Archived