DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tarmon Gai'don matchup

bcspeer

This topic has probably been done before but I couldn't find it

As of the Towers of Midnight, the Shadow still has Moridin, Demandred, Shaidar Haran, Cyndane, Graendal, Moghedien, possibly Mazrim Taim, and the Dark One. This is how I picture the Last Battle

Demandred vs. Mat. Demandred was a great military commander in the Age of Legends and Mat is the best commander the Light has in this age and his foxhead medallion should protect him from saidin. Demandred will probably be at Caemlyn and Mat will join with his forces and save Caemlyn.

Moghedien vs. Nynaeve. I believe those two need to have their final showdown and we all know Moghedien wants her dead more than anything else

Rand vs. Moridin. Because of their connection, they will need to fight

Mazrim Taim vs. Logain. I think the last two major false dragons need to have a showdown and the Asha'man will have their own fight at the Black Tower

Moiraine vs. Cyndane. If Moiraine has her angreal and possibly linked to someone else such as Elayne, Aviendha, or Egwene. I think it would be an interesting showdown. I think the last chapter of Towers of Midnight is Cyndane's 'Last Chance' and has to bring down Rand since Graendal is being punished.

Graendal vs. Elayne? Aviendha? Egwene? She hasn't really had a connection with any major characters but possibly 2 of the girls. I don't think they have said how the 3 girls match Graendal for strength

or

Graendal vs. Cadsuane, Narishma, and another Aes Sedai. The prophecy says that Narishma is the one to wield Callandor and it has to be used in a circle with 2 women and one of them controlling the flows. Cadsuane seems likely because she was the one to figure this out but the other Aes Sedai could be anybody, maybe Merise because she bonded Narishma.

Shaidar Haran vs. Lan? Gawyn? Galad? possibly all 3 and maybe one of them dies. Possibly Perrin, I haven't read Towers of Midnight in awhile and I can't remember if Slayer is alive but if he is then Perrin will have to fight him. But then again, I don't think Lan is going to have time to fight Shaidar Haran though because of Tarwin's Gap but it is still a possibility

The Dark One vs. Rand, Mat, and Perrin. If the three ta'veren had to be alive or the Dragon would fail, it makes sense that they would all be present at Shayol Ghul to defeat the Dark One

Alviarin vs. Egwene. Won't be much of a challenge because Egwene is far superior in strength but it seems fitting for her to finish her work of destroying the Black Ajah

The Seanchan are still a mystery on how they will be defeated or if they will realize the error of their ways and help the Light fight the shadow at the last minute. Maybe as last minute reinforcements to Tarwin's Gap. If not then Mat might use the Horn of Valere to have the dead heroes fight the Seanchan again. The Borderland armies could also fight them within range of Far Madding's Guardian, rendering their damane useless and gives the Borderland armies a good base to hold them off.

Did I leave anybody out?

Graendal vs. Elayne? Aviendha? Egwene? She hasn't really had a connection with any major characters but possibly 2 of the girls. I don't think they have said how the 3 girls match Graendal for strength

or

Graendal vs. Cadsuane, Narishma, and another Aes Sedai. The prophecy says that Narishma is the one to wield Callandor and it has to be used in a circle with 2 women and one of them controlling the flows. Cadsuane seems likely because she was the one to figure this out but the other Aes Sedai could be anybody, maybe Merise because she bonded Narishma.

Graendal won't necessarily be taken out by a Lightfriend or anyone important. If you want a meaningful matchup, any Domani would do. I wouldn't be so sure about prophecy saying Narishma will do anything; Rand tried to force that prophecy and I'm not sure he succeeded. I'm not even sure it refers to Callandor at all; it could be Justice.

Shaidar Haran vs. Lan? Gawyn? Galad?

Fain.

Fain still has a raging hate for Rand and the DO so you would expect him to get to somebody.

Nynaeve and Moghedien. I am hoping that they have a rematch but I am sure that Moggy will try to avoid any direct confrontation with Nyn as she has already beat her once.

I don't know if we can honestly match Rand with anyone. The remaining male Forsaken all want a piece of his hide. As I mentioned above Fain wants him. The DO/Bore are a matched set for him as well.

I really hope Cadusane gets to somebody. She is supposed to be so awesome but lets be honest she hasn't layed the smack down on anyone.

A rematch for Moraine and Lanfear/Cyndane could be interresting but I think Lanfear has a greater role to play than getting into a fight.

I really hope Cadusane gets to somebody. She is supposed to be so awesome but lets be honest she hasn't layed the smack down on anyone.

What would you call her defense at the Cleansing in WH? She directed and executed a plan that held off just about all the Forsaken combined. Not to mention earlier in the story taking down both Loain and Taim.

The 3 most obvious are Rand/Moridin, Nynaeve/Moghedien, and Moiraine/Cyndane. Cyndane and Moggy are mindtrapped to Moridin, and Nynaeve and Moiraine will presumably be linked to Rand for use of Callandor. Personally though, I hope that it's not just a big 3 vs 3, with only one person controlling the link - but rather, individual battles.

I agree fully with Shaidar Haran vs. Padan Fain, but other than that, I don't really think everyone needs a big bad rival. I would be satisfied if Lan just fought thousands of trollocs/myrddraal, or if Graendal survived TG.

Graendal v. Aviendha has always been one of my favourite ideas, mainly because they are such utter opposites--and too, with the two angreal (Graendal's weak one, and Aviendha's strong one) they are likely very close in strength. And finally Aviendha is the warrior maid, but she hasn't laid the smack down on anyone.

I would say that the big 3 will be left to Rand: Moridin, SH and Fain. Lan et al will be annihilated against SH.

We know Fain is waiting for Rand with an army of Trollocs, Moridin wants to fight him and SH is an avatar of Shai'tan.

Perrin vs. Slayer of course.

I like Mat vs. Demandred, Moraine vs. Cyndane and Nyaneve vs. Moggy. Granael vs. Aviendha is quite interesting, Avienhda has done nothing in the series.

If those incredible children of her's with 100+ years or so of experience were here, they could finish most of the Forsaken except Ishamael one-on-one.

• 3 weeks later...

I kind of don't want Slayer and Perrin to fight off again. I feel as though the (amazing) battle between them in ToM was the culmination of their rivalry. If they do fight again, no way is the fight going to be more awesome than the previous. I think we'll see more who Slayer really is, and maybe he won't fight for the shadow at all.

So Perrin does all that training and sees Hopper get killed and they don't fight again? I think it will be a much shorter fight. Perrin's will has grown and now that he has found his balance he should easily kay the smackdown on slayer in a much shorter battle

Graendal v. Aviendha has always been one of my favourite ideas, mainly because they are such utter opposites--and too, with the two angreal (Graendal's weak one, and Aviendha's strong one) they are likely very close in strength. And finally Aviendha is the warrior maid, but she hasn't laid the smack down on anyone.

This would indeed be a very interesting fight. I would really like to see what Graendal is capable of when she is forced into a fight for her life. We've seen her take on Moghedien and Cyndane simultaneously (albeit there was a certain element of surprise involved) and Verin's circle at the cleansing, but we've never seen her against anyone who matches her closely in strength.

Loial going to make an appearance?

I love Loial and I hope he does. I truly think he will. I think the Ogier will most certainly make an appearance at the last battle.

Then i guess the question is....who's he going to get in the matchup? :)

I don't think he'll get anybody specifically. He'll probably rough up some trollocs. Maybe, have a one on one with a fade. :)

I don't think he'll get anybody specifically. He'll probably rough up some trollocs. Maybe, have a one on one with a fade. :)

Haha I expect Loial will rough up far more than just a single fade. Heck, Thom was able to fend off a Fade since like the first book or something. And he's an old dude with a few knives! When Loial and his Ogier buddies make it to the battle field, something epic better happen!

I love Loial and I hope he does. I truly think he will. I think the Ogier will most certainly make an appearance at the last battle.

I'd also have to cite Dumai's Wells for a preview of the awesomeness of the Ogier fighting. Not to mention the Deathwatch Guard Ogier of the Seanchan who are pretty formiddible.

I think Loial will end up doing more to save someone specific rather than face off against someone specific. Saving Perrin or something, while in extreme peril himself, that kinda heroics. I do believe Ogier will be fighting in TG with the best of 'em though! Perhaps Loial as a general?

I'd also have to cite Dumai's Wells for a preview of the awesomeness of the Ogier fighting. Not to mention the Deathwatch Guard Ogier of the Seanchan who are pretty formiddible.

I think Loial will end up doing more to save someone specific rather than face off against someone specific. Saving Perrin or something, while in extreme peril himself, that kinda heroics. I do believe Ogier will be fighting in TG with the best of 'em though! Perhaps Loial as a general?

I agree. While Loial will probably be bad ass in the final battle, I think his role is more of a protector and nurturer. I wouldn't be surprised if Ogier singing somehow comes into the final battle.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Loial is a general or has a position of importance as he probably has the most fighting experience out of mainland Ogiers and knows the Dragon and crowd.

I honestly think that Loial is going to die and several of the aforementioned people will be gone. Slayer and Perrin's battle I imagine to be short to the point of near starkness. Perhaps only a paragraph or two where Perrin ducks and obliterates him or the like. Rand, I have always thought, would have to deal with more than the DO alone. I also believe that Lan will pass, perhaps with Nyn. Caddy I am almost certain of.

I honestly think that Loial is going to die and several of the aforementioned people will be gone. Slayer and Perrin's battle I imagine to be short to the point of near starkness. Perhaps only a paragraph or two where Perrin ducks and obliterates him or the like. Rand, I have always thought, would have to deal with more than the DO alone. I also believe that Lan will pass, perhaps with Nyn. Caddy I am almost certain of.

I'm pretty sure this isn't going to happen (at least about Loial), as we've already read narratives from his impending book about all the events. We know he hasn't finished the book yet, so I think it's safe to assume these quotes mean Loial at least will live through it.

I'm pretty sure this isn't going to happen (at least about Loial), as we've already read narratives from his impending book about all the events. We know he hasn't finished the book yet, so I think it's safe to assume these quotes mean Loial at least will live through it.

AH! That's a great point, and thanks for making it.

I miss Loial in the books.

Archived