DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Min...?

There is a contraceptive tea in WoT; but I don't recall instances where it is stated or inferred that Min was using it. It could be simply that she will not bear any children. I'm sure she would have seen a vision of that if it were to happen. After all, she saw it for Elayne and Aviendha.

Heartleaf Tea. Min knows about it and most likely uses it...

WH Ch. 12

"She should have drunk that heartleaf tea," she babbled. She never told what she saw except to those involved, and only then if they wanted to hear, but she had to say something. "She'll get with child from this. Two of them; a boy and a girl; both healthy and strong."

Heartleaf Tea. Min knows about it and most likely uses it...

WH Ch. 12

"She should have drunk that heartleaf tea," she babbled. She never told what she saw except to those involved, and only then if they wanted to hear, but she had to say something. "She'll get with child from this. Two of them; a boy and a girl; both healthy and strong."

Well at least there won't be a fight for the throne.

Wouldn't Min be pregnant by now w/ all the times Rand and her have u know...? Unless they had an ancient for of birth control or the Pattern not willing it. Discuss.

My wife and I had to wait 6 years before she got pregnant of our son. It's not so common that a woman is pregnant right away.

I spot my wife from across the room and a kid falls out

I'm sorry, but that's one of the most hilarious things I've read lately!

Back on topic: I've also wondered how it is that Min hasn't fallen pregnant, especially considering that their first time at least was completely unplanned. Don't know for sure how that tea works, though - could be drunk post-event.

No, becase Min said that she should have drunk the heartleaf which means that she doens't have the option anymore.

The point of the quote was to indicate that Min is aware of the contraceptive tea. And considering her opinion on its use ("she should have drunk [it]") it's safe to assume she's drinking it.

The quote was not someone else talking to Min or Min thinking to herself. It was Min thinking about another woman who got pregnant.

Roxinos, I believe he was putting me straight on an error of thinking (or not thinking, to be more precise) on my part:

Don't know for sure how that tea works, though - could be drunk post-event.

His quote proves that the tea has to be drunk before the time.

Min was talking about Elayne, not herself when she said that. Also, aside from her falling in love with Rand, she has never seen a vision about herself and hasn't seen one since that I can recall. So if she were to have kids, most likely she wouldn't know.

I think she thought that same thing just after the part quoted above, that she wished she could've known that she'd have his kids herself the she did about Aviendha and Elayne.

Regardless, a single encounter hardly necessitates a pregnancy. It could simply not be that time of the month. Same as it was for Aviendha, one would assume.

did Rand and Avienda have a certain encounter lately, since the time avienda made the gateway from Cairhein accidentally? cuz months go by without any sign of pregnancy. i'm in a re-read, at book 6, and that happened, what, weeks ago? or months. is she pregnant at the end of ToM or is it just foretold that she'd become pregnant eventually

I dunno. Maybe she gets pregnant because of Rand's weird powers now? Like how plants and stuff bloom around him and such, maybe her eggs somehow become fertalized by this aura? Maybe that would explain why her daughters spark so early and walk around always embracing the source, because it wasn't a normal pregnancy?

I spot my wife from across the room and a kid falls out

Maybe you're the Dragon reborn!

did Rand and Avienda have a certain encounter lately, since the time avienda made the gateway from Cairhein accidentally? cuz months go by without any sign of pregnancy. i'm in a re-read, at book 6, and that happened, what, weeks ago? or months. is she pregnant at the end of ToM or is it just foretold that she'd become pregnant eventually

Aviendha isn't pregnant. She didn't sleep with Rand after "The Far Snows." And since then, she hasn't shown any signs of pregnancy. The "mechanics" of fulfilling Min's vision of Aviendha's children are still in the future.

Hmmm. All that he is can be siezed. Maybe Avi is the one leading the Callandor circle, and the other flaw is that the one directing the flows becomes draws not only their power, but their essence and such? Maybe is Elayne is also in the circle, Avi somehow gets Elayne's children alon with Rand's light power thing whatever it is which leads to her special daughters, so that is how she has four children while at the same time Elayne's children are born healthy, but Elain dies in the process?

Then so upset about Elayne dying, Rand wants to die, so Alivia takes pitty on him and helps him die. Then as soon as he dies, Avi, suddenly bloaded with children, pops a few out and one of them is Rand, so he lives again?

Hmmm. All that he is can be siezed. Maybe Avi is the one leading the Callandor circle, and the other flaw is that the one directing the flows becomes draws not only their power, but their essence and such? Maybe is Elayne is also in the circle, Avi somehow gets Elayne's children alon with Rand's light power thing whatever it is which leads to her special daughters, so that is how she has four children while at the same time Elayne's children are born healthy, but Elain dies in the process?

Then so upset about Elayne dying, Rand wants to die, so Alivia takes pitty on him and helps him die. Then as soon as he dies, Avi, suddenly bloaded with children, pops a few out and one of them is Rand, so he lives again?

Are you Brandon Sanderson? :tongue:

Roxinos, I believe he was putting me straight on an error of thinking (or not thinking, to be more precise) on my part:

Don't know for sure how that tea works, though - could be drunk post-event.

His quote proves that the tea has to be drunk before the time.

Mea culpa. In retrospect, you're probably right. Thanks for the correction. :)

Archived