DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I found a fan made rendition of Jak o' The Shadows

Corpj123

It's pretty good and I just wanted more WoT fans to see it because this guy doesn't get enough credit

I think it most closely fits how it would be if it was a real song

[media=]

[/media]

So, what do you think about it? I didn't make this, but I thought it was good, and this guy has put up other songs as well relating to WoT

No one can really "get" what RJ was putting across unless they really understood the military and how those guys sing their cadences. Imagine a drinking song in a rowdy tavern where the whole of the place joins in after the first line is belted, because it's a bloody fun song to sing! Men sing it who have faced death, boys sing it caught up in the moment as they march off to their first war, everyone sings it in the face of an enemy in defiance of the inevitable end.

It starts out good, but I can't seem to get anything on Youtube to play more than a minute today.

I've found that the default resolution (for me) of 360p will only load so far and then it will try to stream the rest as you watch it. If you change the resolution up or down it will download the entire thing for you. Otherwise I agree that the way the song is sung in the video is way to constrained. I believe in the books it is described as raucous, probably because everyone was at least half drunk while singing it.

This makes the third version of the song that I've found, but none of them really satisfy as a drinking song.

The wiki has been a good read:

It has been noted in various online forums that the tune to "GarryOwen" works for this song, and that it may have been Robert Jordan's inspiration. It is also the United States 7th Cavalry regimental marching song, with modified lyrics.

http://wot.wikia.com..._o'_the_Shadows

This makes the third version of the song that I've found, but none of them really satisfy as a drinking song.

The wiki has been a good read:

It has been noted in various online forums that the tune to "GarryOwen" works for this song, and that it may have been Robert Jordan's inspiration. It is also the United States 7th Cavalry regimental marching song, with modified lyrics.

http://wot.wikia.com...39;_the_Shadows

Agreed. I also read (a long time ago) that the melody to Jak o' the Shadows is Garry Owen. Heaven knows how people sing that fast, though ...

Nice find, Corpj123 :)

Archived