DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Languages

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

th_x_46ab0c14.jpg

Just have found this picture :happy:

As a student of Russian, I agree wholeheartedly with this picture. Trying to decipher what my teacher has written on my papers when this happens can be an adventure by itself.

I know Hebrew, Spanish and English. I've been keen on picking up Korean, so that's what I've been working on lately. Aka, watching a lot of korean shows and giving my English-Korean dictionary a look here and there. Watching shows works well for me to absorb a language.

Nyn

I know Hebrew, Spanish and English. I've been keen on picking up Korean, so that's what I've been working on lately. Aka, watching a lot of korean shows and giving my English-Korean dictionary a look here and there. Watching shows works well for me to absorb a language.

Nyn

I'd love to learn Hebrew, and tried to go for a Hebrew course, but there weren't enough people for the course to continue :( Not even five persons...

Pankhuri, Sanskrit is another language I'm intrigued by. I probably won't be able to get to actually learning it, though.

Ledinna, in NZ that would be called 'university entrance'. A New Zealander talking about Finland would probably say "Finnish University Entrance." Given that it's an actual exam, which isn't quite how it works here, it might be "Finnish University Entrance exam." Other countries might prefer to bring in the word 'matriculation'. You don't need that convoluted phrase to say the same thing, though you would if you were going to explain the concept in detail.

I'd love to learn Hebrew, and tried to go for a Hebrew course, but there weren't enough people for the course to continue :( Not even five persons...

To be fair, Hebrew is hard to learn... at least compared to Spanish and English. At least, that's the way it feels to me, even though I didn't have to deal with it since it's my native language.

Anyways, if you're interested, I'm more than willing to help you out if you want to try to self teach yourself. I've been known to scribble down the alphabet for people and even doing voice clips for them to understand how to pronounce stuff. So hit me up PM wise or on messenger if you ever want to =) God knows I mooched off Dah'mir and Cairos since they know Korean.

Oh and they made us take Arabic for two years in school but I sort of repressed that >.>

Nyn

I am a native speaker of Sweden and also speak English fluently. :)

I'm learning Korean and Japanese..know some words in a lot of languages..haha I seem to pick up words quite easily.

French, spanish, Italian, german, chinese, japanese, russian, But I can't say much at all in those though.

Russian is more focused on grammar, but we do have conversation worked in (although it's not a lot). A group of third-year students has started a group that we can speak Russian to each other in, so hopefully that will improve. There aren't any oral exams in Russian (which is not very good for us students, imo).

Swedish does two oral quizzes a week on spoken material and there's a written quiz I think once a week from what I've heard from current students, so that one is a lot more focused on speaking than Russian is.

Jumping in!

American English is my native,

Spanish is my secondary, but it's nowhere near as good as my

Mandarin Chinese. I am a Chinese teacher.

I'm currently getting a crash course in Cantonese Chinese since my husband is from Hong Kong and we currently live with his parents.

I've also studied French, Ancient Greek, Japanese in high school and college.

And dabbled in Korean, Malay, and Turkish on my own.

Archived