DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Weekend Plans

Ryrin

My husband is taking his Rc car to the track this morning, so I have the girls. We're going to keep it pretty low key, maybe clean the toy room. Tomorrow is my brother in law's birthday, so we are going out to dinner.

Here's hoping it works out that way...

Sounds good.

We were able to dig up a coupon and go out to breakfast. After that we took off to the dog park. The weather is beautiful! I read my book while the dogs ran around. My son played with the dogs and my husband took pictures of them. On the way home we ran by McDonald's to get the $1.00 Sundays. Dinner at home and then to a friends to watch a movie. I'm going to bake some brownies to take with us.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that you saved money the whole way!

I know. That was the best. When they were little we would do story time at the library and checkout books and movies there, walk into the nature center (which was free) rather than pay to park there. We would go on walks along the river, BBQ hotdogs at the park, art projects at home. I would take them to the mall, which had two stores that had toys out for the kids to play with (hoping that the parents would buy them.) Well, we would just play with them, then ride the $1.00 carousel and buy a cookie. When we got a little more $$, we joined a family friendly health club that had a pool, activities for the kids, a gym and special monthly activities like bike rides for families. We would spend our weekends there.

Now that we are paying for our trip to Israel in June, I find myself back there and I'm enjoying it.

Today we took the dogs to the dog park, are home for lunch and then going hiking at a nature preserve nearby. Later we will go to the gym, swim and sit in the hot tub and steam room. If there's time, we'll watch a free movie on cable TV.

Are you guys going out to dinner?

We took my brother in law out for his birthday. My mother in law paid, but I chipped in my $10 gift certificates for buying gift cards there for Christmas. :)

I did manage to save almost $60 on groceries today. That included $.70 cans of biscuits and $.60 3 packs of soap! :) my husband went beyond my shopping list, so we still spent a ton on it, but I was still quite proud of the $60!

We took my brother in law out for his birthday. My mother in law paid, but I chipped in my $10 gift certificates for buying gift cards there for Christmas. :)

I did manage to save almost $60 on groceries today. That included $.70 cans of biscuits and $.60 3 packs of soap! :) my husband went beyond my shopping list, so we still spent a ton on it, but I was still quite proud of the $60!

Where did you guys go for dinner?

That's a lot of money to save!

We went to a place called Fatz. I'm not sure if it's a chain, but my tastebuds didn't care when I fed them a few leftover rolls with my lunch today. :)

Lol, I love eating out.

I like cooking lol

I made dinner everyday this week

Good for you! My husband is a great cook but the kitchen looks like a nuclear explosion after he's done. We are trying to eat more at home. It's cheaper and healthier.

I never said I didn't like cooking. I LOVE cooking. But I don't have time to do the kind of cooking that I love most of the time. Sad, but true. So I enjoy eating it when someone else does my kind of cooking...

I like cooking lolI made dinner everyday this week
Good for you! My husband is a great cook but the kitchen looks like a nuclear explosion after he's done. We are trying to eat more at home. It's cheaper and healthier.

Haha I do that too

Im very good at the mess

I have to work a conference tomorrow. The local school system is having a "Student Success EXPO" tomorrow. Setup is at 8 and the tables open at 11. I can go home at 3. :( here's hoping there are some contacts I can make for the future...

I hope so. Sunday is free museum Sunday, so there are about 36 local museums that are going to be free!!!

That;s right up my alley. Tell me which one you picked.

Husband and son are going camping with the Boy Scouts tomorrow. I'm thinking about what to do. I know I want to go to the dog park. Maybe a pedicure? The gym? Out to breakfast? I enjoy alone time.

Sounds like fun! I worked all day yesterday, then went to Michael's and got the stuff to make Valentine's cards for Peanut's class. Today has been coupon & grocery day. My weekend disappeared really quickly, but my assistant principal is dangling comped time at me for working yesterday... :)

Archived