DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Will Mat end up as Tuons warder?

JKN-SW

44 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mat end up as Tuonas Warder?

Just finished rereading ToM and in the last chapter, when Thom says he will be Moraianes Warder, he points out that Tuon could learn to channel if she wanted too and thus could bond Mat. Wouldn't that be the greatest jokes of all on Mat? After everything he has done to keep free from influence of the OP, he is bonded a warder in the end? And if Tuon wanted it, I bet she would get her way sooner lr later.

As long as the outrigger novels remain the pipedreams of fans and no one actually writes them I'm 100% that Mat won't ever be Tuon's warder. There is just no believable way for Tuon to undergo such a radical change of heart in AMOL. She regards channelers as criminals and in the time left until the story is over that isn't going to change. If there were years for Tuon to change her opinion on channeling perhaps, but not like this.

While the possibility exists that Tuon will learn (or will be forced to learn) channeling, I hardly believe they'll try to make an Aes Sedai out of her -- If there one person in the whole books who is more arrogant and set her ways than the AS it's Tuon. I don't see AS teaching her that particular weave.

However... as Elayne bonded Rand and Min to each other, it's very much possible that any two people can be bonded by a channeler.

I can just see Elayne doing that... bonding Tuon to Mat, then telling her: "You want the bond removed? I guess you'll have to learn how to do that. Oh, and let me tell what happens if either of you die..."

However... as Elayne bonded Rand and Min to each other, it's very much possible that any two people can be bonded by a channeler.

I can just see Elayne doing that... bonding Tuon to Mat, then telling her: "You want the bond removed? I guess you'll have to learn how to do that. Oh, and let me tell what happens if either of you die..."

That would be just awesome!

While the possibility exists that Tuon will learn (or will be forced to learn) channeling, I hardly believe they'll try to make an Aes Sedai out of her -- If there one person in the whole books who is more arrogant and set her ways than the AS it's Tuon. I don't see AS teaching her that particular weave.

Tuon has plenty of Aes Sedai damane, they'll show her the bonding weave if she orders them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a working theory that tuon might let a few damane go if she knew the original use of the oath rod. It might just be that she could consider it after the last battle.

Can you link to that? Or do you not have it on paper?

i find it unlikely that tuon will ever willingly channel, although at the same time there is something important that she and egwene are supposed to do together (based on egwene's dreaming). so who knows. but i find it highly unlikely that tuon will bond mat in the third age. later, not a clue.

i find it unlikely that tuon will ever willingly channel, although at the same time there is something important that she and egwene are supposed to do together (based on egwene's dreaming). so who knows. but i find it highly unlikely that tuon will bond mat in the third age. later, not a clue.

Well, it seems the third age will last only a few more days, so...

AIUI, the Fourth Age will be heralded by Calian and Shivan.. who may be currently awaiting rebirth, courtesy of Elayne and Rand. That's going to be a few months yet..

And down the clouds they rode, as though down a mountainside, the dead heroes of legend, bound to be called back by the Horn of Valere. Artur Hawkwing himself led, tall and hook-nosed, and behind came the rest, little more than a hundred. So few, but all those the Wheel would spin out again and again to guide the Pattern, to make legend and myth. Mikel of the Pure Heart, and Shivan the Hunter behind his black mask. He was said to herald the end of Ages, the destruction of what had been and the birth of what was to be, he and his sister Calian, called the Chooser, who rode red-masked at his side.

(I've just noticed.. their masks are black and red. A bit of a theme there.)

Archived