DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lest we Forget...

Talya

Today is Armistice Day here in Britain and this is a thread to spend 2 minutes (if you haven't already) to remember all those who have died fighting for your country and your freedom. We owe them so much.

I wear my poppy with pride, for all those that have died and those who are still fighting!

We call it Remembrance Day here, but its all the same!

Thanks for starting this thread Tayla!

Thanks to all you who are still serving for your country, to all those who came before you, and to those who will carry on after you.

Thank you for trying to make this world a better, safer, place for all.

This is the Poem that traditionally gets read on Armistice Day here in the UK. I would like to dedicate it to my husbands Grandfather who flew 34 missions as a rear tail gunner. Although he survived the war he was never the same ...

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning We will remember them.

From Laurence Binyon's poem For the Fallen, written in September 1914

As others have alrady stated today in the US is Veteran's Day. It is a day to honor all of our fellow citizen soldiers that have served and continue to serve to protect our nation and our allies. Wether they served in time of war or peace they all served knowing that they could be called to defend our nation at a moment's notice. We owe them all our respect and gratitude.

I would like to take this moment to personally thank those whom I know currently serve. Ed and Song, may you stay safe and bless you for your service. There are others that served in the past like Despo, I thank you also. Also any others I did not mention but have served your countries.

Thank you all.

I didn't realize Talya was still around.

*waves*

*waves back*, I'm not around much, but still pop in when I can!

We had out silence at 11am, where i work they set the air raid siren off, we used in WWII and then again to mark the end. There are a couple of guys in my office who have or just about to go out to Afghanistan. So my thoughts are with them and their families. including our own dear Song! and anyone else doing their bit for Queen and country!

Archived