DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

3 Become 1

GrizBehr

So in my estimation, there are 5 possibilities to this

1) The Dragon Reborn and 2 Female channelers become 1 using Calendsor <2p?>. This is the most commonly held theory in Randland and everyone except Min seems to subscribe to it which is why I don't think this will be it.

2) Min, Avi and Elayne become one person, most likely LTT's wife Illyana.

3) The two halves of the one power and the True Power become one. I also find this unlikely, but I've seen the theory but about here.

4) Rand, LTT and Mordin become one. This is what I believed before VoG, but since Rand and LTT have effectively merged already, that also seems unlikely.

5) The 3 Ta'veran, Rand, Mat and Perrin merge into 1 being and the effect of the super-ta'veran closes the bore.

Any other ideas and what do you think of these.

Because both Mat and Perrin are experiencing an urge to seek each other and Rand out, I agree that it's the coming-together of the three ta'veren; see the Fade's comment about 'cutting one leg of the tripod' as he tries to kill Perrin (TDR5). But I don't think it'll be a merging of souls, just that when they are together the effect on the Pattern must be quite dramatic. I further think this will happen near the Bore and will be part of the effort to close it.

4) Rand, LTT and Mordin become one. This is what I believed before VoG, but since Rand and LTT have effectively merged already, that also seems unlikely.

Must this happen at one moment? Two of them are one already, the third merges in at TG.

O, and I think 1, 2 and 4 are all possible.

I gotta go with the ta'veren choice myself. Although I can't see them becoming some crazy taveren super saiyan... Imagine a scene similar to falme Rand in the sky, his actions controlling the actions of the two forces on the ground. Rand weaves away at his new seal on the bore with his two lady friends in tow, and every bump and hiccup along the way pushes mat and perrin back a step or two until he starts winning. Of course to give it some dramatic flavor you gotta show each hiccup from Matt and Perrin's POV.

The scene at Falme was always one of my favorite parts in all of wot so maybe it's just a grim hope.

As for the others, well they've been debated quite a bit and for the most part are all plausible except the wonder girls merging to Illyana. How can the three of them stand over a bier looking at rands body, if they are one person?

you know, the 3 becoming 1 doesn't necessarily mean they have to become one person. It more than likely means it's 3 people working as one to do something such as wielding Callandor

Personally, I'd love it if Callandor was not meant to be used how they believe it should be used. The fact that prophecy seems to indicate Rand will use the sword with two women doesn't mean that is what he is supposed to do. In fact, that may be what leads to his premature death. Instead, I think Callandor should be something that Rand should wield with Mat and Perrin at his side and that it somehow combines and magnifies ta'veren abilities. Ta'veren affect the Pattern and the Bore is a hole in the Pattern, so it makes sense that if Rand could somehow focus their talents (while fighting the DO to make sure he doesn't get out) that the Pattern would Heal and the Bore would disappear.

Of course, I've no doubt that, instead, Rand will be used like a hammer for Egwene to personally seal the Bore and spank the DO into submission. She'll probably gut him on the rocks of SG and spit on his corpse (the last part is for all the people whining about Egwene hate...I'm just as sick of Egwene sycophants as you people are of the hate directed at her). :tongue:

I also think that the 3 ta'veren will be the 'one', but also don't think we're going to get one person out of it - at least I hope not, I couldnt read the Elayne/Min/Aviendha/Tuon/Faile fight chapter I'm afraid.

However, what we do know is that they are all losing something of themselves. Rand's mobility with a physical weapon is impaired, Mat has only one eye, and Perrin is part wolf (mentally). It's a bit like the three monkeys - Hear All, See All and (as we say in Yorkshire) Say Nowt.

They also have other traits that the others dont necessarily possess. Mat is a good general (more than 'good' in fact). Perrin is compassionate and thoughtful. He is slower to act than the others and spends more time thinking things out. Rand is... Rand. But he's 'our' Rand again. He's strong, not hard now.

Then there's the 'additionals'. Mat has the lives of generals past in his memories. He has the ultimate 'Generaling for Dummies' book at his disposal. Rand has Lews Therin's memories, he can remember what he did wrong the first time. Perrin has the experience and the instinct of the wolves which he doesnt forget outside of the wolf dream.

Put all of this together, add to it the fact that they're ta'veren and they can 'see' each other in their heads and I think you've got a pretty strong force.

Mat has a fantastic strategic mind, and the respect of pretty much every military man he's ever met, Rand has the True Power and the command of almost the entire world, Perrin has a strong, loyal army, a (newly) good relationship with the whitecloaks, and a link to the wolves - he could scout, and count force sizes without ever leaving his tent.

The more I think about it, the more I think you've got a military dream team.

I still think there is a possibility that the three will be Nynaeve wielding Saidar, Logain wielding Saidin, and Rand leading with the True Power. This age effectively began with Mierin trying to liberate the TP, and it may end with the realization of that dream.

The three Ta'veren will be important, but I can't see how they would become one. The prophesy says that the three become one; it does not say that three meet in one place. It seems to me that for three to become one there must be more to it than the three being in the same place at the same time. I think that for the prophesy to be fulfilled there must be some type of dynamic link where they act in total unison or somehow represent a single entity.

I don't think that the three Ta'veren coming together in a way that will fulfill the prophesy. The visions of each other might form the basis of a unifying link, but it doesn't seem that powerful unless it grows so much in the last book that somehow the three know what the others are thinking and they act in unison. I am of the opinion that the visions are mainly a plot device that allows the reader to sync up the various time lines.

Must this happen at one moment? Two of them are one already, the third merges in at TG.

O, and I think 1, 2 and 4 are all possible.

In VoG Rand specifically thinks that he will never hear the voice of LTT b/c they were never two different man. I always looked at this as confirmation that LTT can not be "one of three" (whatever the three is) b/c he was never a separate entity to begin.

This age effectively began with Mierin trying to liberate the TP, and it may end with the realization of that dream.

Technically, the Age of Legends began with the Mierin's attempt. It ended with the Breaking. This is a different age, the Third Age.

This age effectively began with Mierin trying to liberate the TP, and it may end with the realization of that dream.

Technically, the Age of Legends began with the Mierin's attempt. It ended with the Breaking. This is a different age, the Third Age.

Mierin's attempt to tap the True Power happened near the end of the Age of Legends, and in some ways it started events that are the running theme of the Third Age. I wasn't clear in my wording. I meant to say that it would be appropriate if the Third Age ends with the successful release of the TP from the DO's control. It would be interesting if Mierin/Lanfear/Cyndane could be part of that. However, I think Cydane is probably too crippled in use of the OP to be a part of the link, and I think Nynaeve's position in the circle is pretty secure.

I have been perplexed about Callandor's purpose since we saw it in Rand's vision of the breaking. My impression is that the AS who were standing around the table with Callandor were unsure of Callandor. I wonder if Cadsuane's assessment that it was flawed is at least partially wrong. I wonder if it was made my Mierin or someone like her that had the idea of using it to unify the three powers. The AS around the table might have recognized that it wasn't a normal Sa'angrael and assumed that it was flawed or incomplete.

Mierin's attempt to tap the True Power happened near the end of the Age of Legends, and in some ways it started events that are the running theme of the Third Age.

Oops, you're right. Don't know why I wrote what I did.

When an Age begins or ends isn't as clean cut as people wish, but I'm going to do it anyway. The Age of Legends was the time period of great deeds and wonderful lives; so after Lanfear did her delving, you COULD argue the Age ended at that moment. I personally do, just because its a clean cut, and the time between that and LTT sealing the bore is a transitory period, not the Age of Legends, not the 3rd Age.

LTT going instantly mad and killing all of his family began the 3rd age; remember, in EotW, he is STILL talked about as the Kinslayer, and those actions seem to weigh heavily on the world... three thousand years later.

Archived