DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Blue Ajah's Harry Potter Week: Trial Preperation

Red2111

Wandering through the halls of the Tower to avoid her duties Making her rounds about the halls of the Tower, Adella takes note of an Accepted rushing by with what appeared to me a message with the Mother's seal on the envelope. Hopefully it was by the Mother's orders, instead of stolen. Continuing her rounds, she spots Fnorrll on his usual morning rampage, headed for the Mother's rooms it looks like. She raised her hand in greeting, but he appeared not to notice.

Rounding a corner, she glanced over a balcony which overlooked the main courtyard, only to see the same Accepted as earlier, handing that message off to... A WHITECLOAK?!?! Eyes nearly popping out of her head, she rushes down to the courtyard, just barely catching the Accepted before she exited.

Adella: *Grabs said Accepted by the scruff* What in the WORLD are you doing child?!

Accepted: *Recognition crosses her face, then fear* Uh.. I was d-delivering a me-message for the M-Mother, m'am *drops a quick shaky curtsy*

Adella: *The Accepted doesn't appear to be going anywhere, so she lets go of the child's scruff* I know for a personal fact that the Mother would never in her right mind- *glances up to the sky, note's the time of day...* Oh Light!

Leaving the shaking Accepted behind in the courtyard, Adella gathers her skirts and runs up to the Mother's study. Hearing an angry man's voice, she notes that Fnorrll must have already given the Mother her kaf, then begun his rampage. Bursting into the room, she almost plows over her own Warder, but is too focused to really notice as she stumbles over to the Mother's desk and leans on it next to Fnorrll, waiting or her turn.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*fnorrll sees Adella burst in to the room with a face like thunder and makes room next to him so she can join in*

"A hundred?! Blood an bloody ashes, mother, I'll need to call in half the Guard to keep an eye on them! 10,000 men couldnt take the Tower, but 100 already in the walls could do untold damage! And whitecloaks, no less!

And all for what? This Voldethingy person. A male chaneller or some such. I hear he cant be stilled because he uses some other worldly power. Fine, just let me smite him already! Just one good blow is all it needs!"*

*rolls her eyes a bit at the last thing Fnorrll says, then goes on her own tirade* You told the Whitecloaks that they could bring A HUNDRED men inside our walls, Mother?! What were you thinking?!?!?! Next thing you will be telling the Lord Captain Commander himself that he can be your assistant!!! This trial is important for inter-world relations, and we can't have the Whitecloaks messing it all up, or the Warders being in even more of a tizzy than usual.

Needless to say, this is NOT a good idea. *folds her arms under her breasts, which she is told is a very Aes Sedai thing to do, and waits for a response*

Follows the Warder to the White Tower and wonders how the Aes Sedai and Warders will take his arrival. Gets off his horse and walks up the steps of the Tower. He nodded to an Accepted to lead the way to the Amyrlin's study. Waits outside the study as the Accepted goes in to annouce his presence. Looks around him and sees the Keeper staring at him in disbelief

Eddie begins to get up from under the Mother's skirts.

"I'll bring back an air freshener and some lotion. Jeez, Mother, just because you wear a dress doesn't mean you don't have to shave."

He begins rushing out the door when his own Aes Sedai runs into him and bumps him into the wall.

"Bloody, One Power weaving, little rascal."

He turns around and pinches her and then runs out the door, straight to the gates, grabbing random Warders as he runs by, telling them to spread the message as he goes along.

"The Whitecloaks are coming! The Whitecloaks are coming!

Rally your defenses men! Be watchful!"

After delivering his message, he runs back to his room to pick up the supplies, and back to the Amrylin's Study.

*fnorrll sees Adella roll her eyes at him. "What?" he asks. "They guy looks half fade or something. Pasty white skin, freaky...if he had no eyes...just looking at him make me wanna chop off his damn..."

At that moment an accepted came in, announcing the Lord Captain Commander of the Children of the Light. As the man himself entered, Fnorrll's sword whipped out of its sheath with blinding speed, stopping a bare inch away from the whitecloaks throat.

"You get no closer to the amyrlin than that." he said, his voice colder than ice. "Speak your piece, Whitecloak."*

Looks calmly at the Warder pointing his sword

I take it you are Fnorrll, Master at Arms Turns to the Aes Sedai present And you must be Adella, Mistress of Novices.

Bows to the Amyrlin Seat

Thank you accepting my offer Mother. As soon as I heard about the trial, I knew I had to be here, for the right thing must be done.So you know, I've ordered the Children to stay a league from the city and not to come in after me. I'm the only one here.

*Elgee reeled a bit in her chair as Snarly became rather het up, though he did look awfully cute (as usual) when he almost begged to smite someone. She was about to muster some kind of defence when the Mistress of Novices stalked in.*

"You told the Whitecloaks that they could bring A HUNDRED men inside our walls, Mother?! What were you thinking?!?!?! Next thing you will be telling the Lord Captain Commander himself that he can be your assistant!!! This trial is important for inter-world relations, and we can't have the Whitecloaks messing it all up, or the Warders being in even more of a tizzy than usual.

Needless to say, this is NOT a good idea."

Uhm ... about that whole "assistant" thing ... you see, he asked ... I said ... old Pedron would never ...

She got no further with her stuttered explanations, as the next minute a man in a shiny white cloak flowed into the office. A beautiful, pristinely white shiny cloak. A beautiful, shiny man. Elgee's mouth dropped open slowly and her eyes became a bit glazed. He bowed to her. Beautifully.

"Thank you accepting my offer Mother. As soon as I heard about the trial, I knew I had to be here, for the right thing must be done.So you know, I've ordered the Children to stay a league from the city and not to come in after me. I'm the only one here."

Children. League away. *Elgee nodded, a vacuous smile on her face.* Right must be done. Yes. *Not even the shiny sword Snarly had pulled out could distract her from the wondrous apparition in front of her. Vaguely she remembered that the Amyrlin should greet visitors with dignity and pomp. Summoning all the Aes Sedai calm and serenity she could, she rose, held out her hand and said the only thing she could:*

Would you like to kiss my ring? *Giggle*

Takes the Amyrlin's hand and kisses the Great Serpent ring. Notices that her eyes are glazed over and her slight shiver. Thinks to himself, "Must have been a Red." Steps back from the Amyrlin and stands in a relaxed, ready position.

When does the trial start Mother?

*barges in without knocking, carrying a note*

Are you serious, Mother? Why do I have to be the one to Travel back to that place and bring this Muggle Prime Minister (odd name, BTW, Muggle Prime Minister) back? Why can't Raena do it? I have entirely too much to do to go haring off to earthland, or whatever it's called to play nursemaid to this person!

*stops dead when she sees all of the people standing in Mother's office. Her eyes are drawn to the one in the white cloak. A WHITECLOAK? Oooooh, but a lovely Whitecloak. And just look at Mother . . . all drooly and such. This just won't do!*

Mother! *strides up to Elgee* Snap to it! *slaps Elgee soundly*

Ow! *Elgee clutched her smarting cheek. Sniffing pointedly, she adjusted her stole, then blinked as the little sanity she still possessed returned to her.*

What on earth are you all doing here? Snarly, put up that sword. No, NOT up the pretty Whitecloak's ... just put it back in its scabbard, ok? *She started to roll her eyes but realized that was a Big Mistake as it brought the pretty Whitecloak back into her vision. Hastily she focused on Daruya's face.*

The Muggle big knob thingammy? You're the one who landed us with this whole mess, that's why you get to fetch him. Oh and he wants a "car". I have no idea what that is, but I presume some kind of Muggle or Earthland present. Just pick something and give it to him, ok? We don't want to appear insensitive to their rituals. Make a big show over giving it to him. Now shoo ... go on! We need to get this show started.

*After dismissing the fuming Blue Head, Elgee turned to the gorgeous man in white. What on earth was his name? Light he was beautiful. She wondered if maybe ... NO! Light, didn't she have enough trouble with pretty men already? Thinking of her two Warders was enough to bring her back to reality. Flaming men! She shook her head in irritation, which brought the pristine white envelope on her desk into her field of view. Hmmm ... something in there tugged at her memory. Picking up the letter, she scanned it hastily.*

What? YOU'RE the new Whitecloak boss?? Oh lord ...

*She could only imagine the reaction of the rest of the Aes Sedai, especially the Greens, when they saw him. There would be a riot. He'd probably never make it out of the Tower without being Bonded. Another thought occurred to her, and she started to chuckle wickedly.*

Adella dear, would you do me a favour? Go find that woman Rita or Reeta or whatever her name is. The one who keeps asking people questions. Tell her there's someone here she can interview.

Snarly, why don't you find our esteemed Whi ... err Lord Captain Commander of the Children of the Light some suitable quarters? I think he might be more comfortable in the Warders' Barracks than in the main tower amongst the Aes Sedai.

Nods

Yes I am the Captain Commander. Did you not get the notice Mother? I sent it when I became Lord Captain Commander.

I've always found the barracks more comfortable and I would be honored to stay with the Warders again. Besides the Children would be pleased to know that their Captain Commander stayed there instead of in the Tower with Aes Sedai.

Voldemort stalks back & forth, his hands clasped behind his back, a sneer on his thin white lips. He stops to star with cold red eyes out a window as 50 armed men in brightly shinning white cloaks set up camp outside the towers walls. His voice is soft and like the hiss of a snake as he speaks, a deadly malice lacing his tone.

"It is turning into a spectacle, I've even heard tale their bringing that idiot Muggle ruler into this mock trial these idiots have decided to hold. The only reason I haven't apperated from these walls is because I find this new source of magic." the word was foreign on his tongue, "The one Power is it called, yes The One Power to be very interesting. With that, I could send the world quacking even now."

Red spoke without looking up "You can't appearate within the walls of the White Tower my Lord. Just as you cannot channel since you're from another realm and already have a source of magic running through your blood."

Voldemorts malicious gaze snapped to where Red sat, his voice held a hint of danger to it, "No one commanded you to speak worm! If i wanted your advice, I'll command it from you. Otherwise, you'd do best to keep your silence if you value your tongue!"

Red looked up from her papers, an un-amused expression on her face; she'd heard this threat time and time again and its amusement had worn off the 3rd time he'd done it. "This is the reason I've suggested you hold your tongue during the trial and suggested you don't take the stand. Every time you open your mouth, your words make it harder for me to win this case."

Rage flashed across Voldemorts face and he flicked his wand at Red. "You will cower in your rightful place Muggle! Crucio!"

Red raised an eyebrow as nothing happened, and sighed patiently as she bent her head back to the pages and ruffled through them. "Don't make me tie you up in flows of air again. I've explained this to you before, your magic holds no power in this realm; you had best start remembering this, if you go trying to cast the unfogivables on people here, it wont help your case at all. We were lucky enough to have it moved to a realm where their ignorant to your true nature and you have a decent chance of getting off."

Voldemorts eyes flared and his lip trembled, yet he kept his silence having remembered the last time he was tied up with flows of air and spanked like a naughty little second year. Giving a sigh, he returned to gazing out the at the city of Tar Valon. His tone was careful, almost seductive as he talked. "So tell me again about these Forsaken and this Baalzamon of this world."

The world seemed to shudder as Voldemort named the Dark One, and Red's head snapped up, fury flashing in her blue eyes. "I told you to call him 'The Dark One'. This is my last warning Tom, use his name again and I'll not only gag you with a flow of air but I'll invert the weave and tie it off so that it stays in place until you take you last breath of air on this world or any other. I'll have no part of seeking help from darkfriends or worse; I walk in the light, I am no Black Ajah and I'll not condemn my soul on the count of you. If you call the Dark One's attention again, I'll send you to the Dementors myself; mark my words for true, I've explained the three oaths to you so you know I mean what I say."

Voldemort sneered openly yet bit back his retort; she would pay for using that disgusting common name his mother had burdened him with as a child. It took a moment for him to be sure his tone was civil when he next spoke, though his eyes betrayed the rage he felt. "And yet you're defending me when all others would have given my case as a lost cause."

Red looked at him levelly. "Your soul may not be pure Voldemort, but no one is so far gone to the shadow that they cannot return to the light. I'm of the opinion that you're just misguided, by both your breeding and society. Besides, while I may not agree with your cause, one cannot mistake the fact that the Ministry doesn't have a solid case against you; they'd send you to death without a fair trial, and I one of the few that think even the Forsaken disserve a trial before being stilled to prove the crimes laid against their feet."

Voldemort scoffed, looking once more out the window. "Then your a trusting fool just like Dumbledore, and we see where he is now; the grave worms are feasting on his flesh as we speak."

Red sighed the patient sigh of a parent schooling a child. "You may believe me a fool Voldemort, but your life rests in my hands."

With that, Red went back to going over her notes; making scratches here and there and looking up various issues in the pile of books on the chair beside her. Voldemort looked off in the distance at the smoking peak of Dragonmount. Trying to decide how to contact this so called Dark One and his Forsaken to see if they could be used to his benefit.

Glancing at the beautiful man who entered the Mother's office, Adella had to hold back a chuckle as Dar came in and got the Mother back on track. Even though she is supposed to be of all Ajah's and of none, that woman will always have Red in her heart, especially when it comes to beautiful men. We will all be lucky if the Mother doesn't bond this one, let alone all the other Reds, and oh the Greens... She hoped Charis and Myst would be able to save this Whitecloack. She snapped back to attention when she heard her name.

Elgee: Adella dear, would you do me a favour? Go find that woman Rita or Reeta or whatever her name is. The one who keeps asking people questions. Tell her there's someone here she can interview.

Adella: *curtsy* Yes Mother *glances at the beautiful man again, then leaves the room*

Wondering where in the world she was supposed to find this woman, she suddenly hears someone shouting in the Accepted's quarters, so she goes to investigate

Accepted: I DID NOT SAY THAT I HAD A CRUSH ON FNORRLL! I SAID I HAVE FAITH IN THE WARDERS TO KEEP US SAFE YOU LOON!!! *catches sight of Adella and takes a sigh of relief* Adella Sedai! Thank goodness you are here! This horrid woman has been terrorizing everyone, putting words in their mouth for an "article", whatever that may be. Please do something!

Adella: Terrorizing the children, eh? You must be from that other world. Who told you that you could wander about the Tower unguided? *stern look*

Rita Skeeter: My name is Rita Skeeter, and I am a well renowned reporter for the Daily Prophet. I was just trying to collect some opinions fro- *gets cut off*

Adella: Oh YOU'RE that Rita person! *mumbles* No wonder the mother set me to find you... Nevermind, you still shouldn't be about without a guide. And stop bothering the Accepted, they have studies to be about *waves at the poor child to go, then jabs her finger at Rita* follow me. We have someone that you might enjoy talking to.

With a small grin on her face, Adella leads the "reporter"thingy back to the Mother's study.

*Several hours later, Daruya storms back into Elgee’s office, fuming, towing a bewildered-looking person behind her*

Mother! As you have commanded, I have brought this Muggle Prime Minister from Earthland. Light, what a headache! As you know, I had to Travel to Diagon Alley and get some Ministry of Magic person to take me through some dingey dive called The Leaky Cauldron to get to some strange building to pick this . . . person up. And the man wanted a flaming ter’angreal called a Rolls Royce to ride in because, he said, “I have to arrive in style to make a good impression.” Do you know how much that flaming Rolls Royce cost us?

*Daruya hands a sketch to Elgee showing what the Rolls Royce looked like.*

edag-rolls-royce-phantom.jpg

*Elgee eyebrows shot up at the sketch. Attached to it was a receipt and her eyebrows disappeared when she turned to page and saw the figure on the receipt. Her face paled slightly and she put a hand on her desk to steady herself as Daruya continued in an exasperated voice.*

Needless to say, that emptied the Blue Ajah coffers so I’ll need you to reimburse us for that right away. Anyway, here he is. Can we turn him over to the Warders now? He says he needs protection because we wouldn’t let him bring some type of secret bodyguards along. Maybe a couple of Algai could be put to the task?

*Daruya rubbed her aching head* Light, listening to the bloody man while we Traveled here has given me a headache so, by your leave, Mother, I’m going to head off to the Yellow Ajah for healing. I’ll leave this . . . Muggle with you until you can get Fnorrll and some Algai up here to take him off your hands.

... Flaming cowbells! Bloody buttered onions! THIS MUCH?? Bella's Hind Leg! *Elgee almost coloured the air Pink with another few curses, but remembered her manners just in time to shut her mouth and graciously extend her hand to the visiting ... important person to kiss her ring.*

Good day and welcome to the White Tower, err ... my Lord. Please, do have a seat while we see to your accommodations. I hope you enjoyed Travelling here?

*The British Prime Minister looked around wildly at the various personages assembled before him. Running his hand through his hair he half heard the woman wearing the Rainbow Flag over her shoulders say something too him as she extended her hand*

Good day and welcome to the White Tower, err ... my Lord. Please, do have a seat while we see to your accommodations. I hope you enjoyed Travelling here?

*Gathering himself together quickly he put on his best fake smile and reached out and shook her hand firmly*

Hi, its lovely to be here in ... Randland. Yes, I had a marvellous trip, although a little unusual in part. You can call me Mr Prime Minister. I must say its wonderful the diversity at even the highest level you have here. Loud and Proud eh? Excellent.

Omg is he wearing a sword?

*Continues shaking hand and doing annoying smile*

So, its a big trial then. I don't really know the ins and outs I'm afraid, but I'm sure it will all turn out marvellous. That's a very tall tower indeed. You must be very proud. And an Educational facility I'm told. Education, Education, Education - very important and one of my Governments Primary Concerns .....

*The PM's conversation began to tail off as he Sensed the patience of the woman in front of him was beginning to wear a little thin*

Rests his hand on his sword as he watches the...Prime Minister was it? Sees the look Fnorrll gives him and nods.

Amyrlin, may I ask who this is? He is one of the judges for this trial I take it.

*Fnorrll sheaths his sword but continues staring at the whitecloak intently. Not menacingly, as such, but certainly offputingly.

"Ed, go arrange for our...guest...to have rooms or his stay." he orders. "Mother, I shall stay by our...guests side. I would not care to miss it if he needs to be given...anything." he smiled wolfishly and licked his lips.

An annoying man entered next, calling himself the prime minister. Fnorrll watched him carefully whilst never letting the whitecloak out of his eyeline. The Prime Minister seemed to be shaking the mothers hand most furiously, a custom rare in Randland and by no means appropriate.

Fnorrll grabbed his wrist with enough force to be felt and held it in an iron grip strong enough to numb the fingers.

"You will release the Mothers hand. It is proper to kiss her ring, to adress the Amyrlin Seat humbly, and to speak when called upon to do so." he said coldly, only letting go once mother had been released. He spoke no further words but his gaze alone was enough to make the man realize it was also proper to step a little further back. He looked terrified. And this man led a nation?! Faugh! No wonder Volde-face had terrorised them so badly!

"Volke," he called, and an excellent young Algai came in. "I give this man into your care. See that he has all he needs and that no harm comes to him."

*Elgee stared in consternation as the visitor grabbed her hand and started pumping it up and down. Even Whitecloaks knew better than to actually TOUCH her! Well, they'd shoot her full of arrows given half a chance, but they would at least be polite about it! Mirsh had been very firm with her about the whole diplomacy thing, though, so she didn't suspend him from the ceiling or spank him or anything. Instead, she wrapped Snarly and his sword in flows of Air just in time, smiled graciously at the man and eventually managed to regain possession of her hand.*

DO have a seat ... Prime, is it? Educational facility? I suppose one could term it such. We teach women to channel the One Power. Of course not every woman who can channel will one day reach the Shawl, though we do ... *The blank look on the man's face brought to mind that he probably didn't know what the One Power was.* That's like Magic, *she said kindly.* I suppose you could call us the equivalent of your Witches ... *A choking sound from the Whitecloak made her stop in mid-sentence. Oh Light ... caught between a Whitecloak and a Muggle!*

Errmm, tea, anyone? *Elgee asked in a bright voice. She reached for the Source to float the tea tray over to her desk, but at the last moment realised that THAT might not be A Good Idea, given present company. * Fnorrll, would you mind pouring us some tea? Fnorrll? Oh ... oops. *She hastily let go of the Weave holding the glaring Fnorrll statue still.* Uhm ... you can stop standing to attention now. Tea, please!

Chokes and coughs at the mention of Witches. Regains composure and looks at the Amyrlin.

You aren't referring to yourself, are you Mother? Many of the Children call Aes Sedai Witches but I will never, ever call you witches. That would be an insult to you all and my sister. Please tell me you are talking about something from the other world.

*glares at mother but pours tea, stiff backed*

Then that annoying Skeeter woman entered. Fnorrll had spoken to her only briefly, but he had heard what a pest she was making of herself. He remembered their previous conversation.

"Hi, Rita Skeeter, Daily Prophet. And you are?"

"Extremely busy." Fnorrll replied.

"No," she had laughed, "I meant your name. But what is it you do that you are busy with?"

Fnorrll grunted. Too many questions. "My name is Fnorrll. I am Master at Arms. And I live by this." he said, touching the hilt of his sword. Explanation enough, he would have thought, turning to leave.

"A soldier? " she asked, taking notes. "How do you spell your name, sorry?"

"Exactly as it bloody sounds!"

Fnorrll came back to the present. His eyes had missed nothing. He focused now on the Skeeter woman.

"If you would follow me." He said to the whitecloak and the Skeeter woman, mischief in mind. The air positively crackled as he brushed past the man on his way out. "Light, I hope I get to smite him!" thought Fnorrll.

He led them to another room and opened the door. "You may converse in here." he said with a smile, closing the door behind them. That should keep him busy for a while.

"Wolfbrother, guard this door. Fetch me at once when they leave." he ordered, and made his way back to the mothers office...*

Follows Fnorrll to a room with an annoying looking woman. As Fnorrll closes the door as he leaves the woman starts talking.

Rita Skeeter:Smiles, eyes on the handsome man infront of her. I'm Rita Skeeter, I write for the Daily Prophet...

Galad:The Prophet? Draws his sword Your Prophet wreaked havoc and ruined lives of innocent people.

Rita Skeeter:Eyes wide, staring at the sword I mean no harm . It's for the news. I...I just want an interview. Please don't hurt me.

Galad: Are you going to ask me a bunch of questions? Sheaths his sword and looks at Rita. Well?

Rita Skeeter:Relaxes slightly, eyes occasionally glancing at the sword. Who are you and why are you here?

Galad: Galad Damondred, Lord Captain Commander of the Children of the Light. I'm here for the trial of this being from your world, so that he is judged fairly. Now if you'll excuse me, I have work to do.

Opens the door and leaves a shocked Rita standing, dazed. Turns to the young man standing by the door.

Tell the Master at Arms that I would like to speak to the prisoner.

*can hear the sound of a sword being unsheathed from a mile away and comes running, eyes narrowed suspiciously. Arrives in time to see the Whitecloak leave the room. Pops his head inside to make sure the earth woman is ok*

"You'll have to ask the Amyrlins permission," he replies.

Archived