DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Cadsuane teaches Rand and the other Ashamen

labboy

I just thought this up i am probably completely wrong about this, but i was wondering what she might teach Rand and the Ashamen that Saidin was not completely cleansed and that there is still some of the taint left there.

She could find this out by linking with an Ashaman when one of them is using Callandor..

First post so rip it apart.

I dont think so. Rand and other ashaman all say its clean and since they know Saidin a bit more then Cadsuane i think they will what the taint feels like. Also i think the aes sedai who bonded Narishma (forgot her name) also said that she linked with him and she thinks it is clean (in KoD in front of the rebels council).

And the prophecis say that Rand will heal the wounds of madness and cutting of hope, so i think that Rand cleansed saidin completly.

That said, i have no idea what Cadsuane will teach Rand and the ashaman but i dont think it has something to do with saidin in a direct way...

Wait I thought that Cadsuane was convinced to remind Rand (and the Ashaman) that he had emotion... something about being him being to hard from having to constantly fight the Taint.

Wasn't she worried about him becoming so hard that his victory in the Last Battle would be just as horrible as his defeat?

It's the arrogance that Cadsuane is trying to eradicate because after so many years of being loathed it is now being accepted that men Channeling is not the abomination that was once feared but may be the salvation of humankind so especially now that Saidar is failing, maybe it's the time to start believing in Saidin!

It's not. Several wards and other tied off weaves have been failing during CoT and KoD as a result of the Dark One's direct influence. The veracity of saidar remains the same, weaves are simply no longer able to sustain themselves.

I do not think Cadsuane's crusade to teach Rand "laughter and tears" is what she will teach "all the Asha'man". Although, I believe that she will succeed in teaching that to Rand. I believe that she will teach the Asha'man, and Rand, humility and manners, two things they will need in their future dealings with Aes'Sedai, but an argument could be made for her teaching the same things in the White Tower.

I think Cads will teach Rand and the Asha'man that they are not invincible. The Aes Sedai are beginning to learn that after a few hundred years of being the most revered political and social force. The asha'man though, are broken and they need to work together if the light is to have any hope. Perhaps if Cads shows the asha'man and Rand a force that they cannot defeat individually, a weakness in they own strengths, then the asha'man will get their act together. However, I doubt this thing will be Cads herself.

Quote:

It's not. Several wards and other tied off weaves have been failing during CoT and KoD as a result of the Dark One's direct influence. The veracity of saidar remains the same, weaves are simply no longer able to sustain themselves.

Which ones? Outside the wards in Tar Valon, I mean ...

The keepings have failed as well. Other then that the only wards we've seen are in the tower which are also failing, hence my deduction.

Guest cwestervelt

What we don't know at this point is if the Keepings the rebel Aes Sedai are using will continue to fail now that Halima has been unmasked. It might have been sabotage and not a true failing.

Plus they are simply too numerous to be the work of sabotage. There must be thousands of individual weavings to sustain the foodstocks for a camp that size, and new ones are woven each time they fail. Someone would have seen if it were the Black Ajah's work...

It is interesting to note that those things that have failed are things directly relating to the Dark One. Decay, the wards that keep out rats and weevils and crows, and so on. The wards on the chain towers, on the other hand, remain perfectly strong.

Additionally it is not only the channelers that have noticed this. The increase in vermin, and decay, is wide-spread. It is just more noticeable with the Aes Sedai because it has broken wardings of the power in doing it. But the speed of the decay elsewhere is no less abnormal--there must be a force directly impacting on that. The Dark One is behind it all, and that the weavings are failing is just a sign of the strength of his assault.

The increase in vermin, and decay, is wide-spread.

Yeah, that's probably the best argument in your favor. I think I said this in the other thread, but it's possible you're completely right, I'm just suspicious of something that happens exclusively in the vicinity of the Forsaken, and the only place I can see that the Power has been tampered with are among the rebel and Tower Aes Sedai, with Halima and Mesaana respectively present.

Thats the point though, the wards, as far as we've seen, have not been influenced. Indeed if the wards themselves had been destroyed it would have been commented on. Instead what is described is that the wards are failing to do what they are supposed to.

At the same time in the entire world decay, and the increase of vermin is everywhere. Effectively what is happening is that decay and the travel of vermin is happening everywhere, but in the Tower notice is being drawn because it is happening in spite of weaves specifically intended to stop such things.

What is this obsession with the "is saidin fully cleansed" theory? Is there ANYTHING in the books that hints at this? I don't remember anything...

You're right, there is absolutely nothing in the books that hints that saidin isn't fully cleansed. But that never stopped anyone here from putting words in Mr. Jordan's pen or extrapolationg on wild unsupported theories...

P.S. - I include myself in the group referenced by the previous statement...

I do think that Saidin has been cleansed you just have to look at the Aes Sedai who have been bonded to Asha'man to realise this as they have experience before and after.

The Aes Sedai Who were bonded to Rands Asha'man commented on the fact that Saidin WAS clean after Rand cleansed Saidin

• 2 weeks later...

there was a conversation between Cadsuane and Sorelia

about the difference between HARD and STRONG. Hard shatters or something like that. Thats what she is gonna teach rand. She also says that as long as she is by his side long enough to teach him to laugh and cry again tghen he can do anything he wants. She believes that if he doesnt learn those things than him winning TG could be as bad as him losing it

dicetosser1

Archived