DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Will Mat be a letdown in AMOL?

spoke

149 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mat be a letdown in AMOL?

Mat has the battle of Caemlyn to win then go to the tower for the horn just as the seanchan arrive, then has to defend the WT with the Seanchan and possibly Asha'Man for the Trollocs that have smashed through the Borderlands. I didn't include the AS defending the WT because they're useless. He has to then get the horn which will probably have to be stolen because won't give it up, and she'll be extra pissed because she couldn't defend the tower. I think he'll be bonded by Fortuona, probably an instinctive thing because he gets gravely injured, and like Rand and Bela in EOTW she bonds him. The Patton and Eisenhower comment seems appropriate. A military chessgame with Demandred. Fight with Shadar Haran, hopefully new shadowspawn beasties. In summary, Mat has more than enough to do.

P.S. Most importantly, bring Moraine back so she can kick ass and take names and maybe really kill lanfear this time.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mat has the battle of Caemlyn to win then go to the tower for the horn just as the seanchan arrive, then has to defend the WT with the Seanchan and possibly Asha'Man for the Trollocs that have smashed through the Borderlands. I didn't include the AS defending the WT because they're useless. He has to then get the horn which will probably have to be stolen because won't give it up, and she'll be extra pissed because she couldn't defend the tower. I think he'll be bonded by Fortuona, probably an instinctive thing because he gets gravely injured, and like Rand and Bela in EOTW she bonds him. The Patton and Eisenhower comment seems appropriate. A military chessgame with Demandred. Fight with Shadar Haran, hopefully new shadowspawn beasties. In summary, Mat has more than enough to do.

P.S. Most importantly, bring Moraine back so she can kick ass and take names and maybe really kill lanfear this time.

thats if he can travel to caemlyn (something which may be impossible unless they stumble upon the dreamspike key which would kill the book for me)

trollocs are more likely to attack the FoM imo, does mat know to travel there/would he without his armies? (wait nvm perrin sends one of his guys there daily for him)

Rand bonded bela? where do we find that out? I thought he did the stamina trick that moraine uses durign the same book

bonding isnt an instinctual weave. It is too complicated I believe

I've always thought Mat would end up fighting Demandred. With the Foxhead he can keep it to a pure physical contest unless Demandred has time to figure it out.

foxhead only helps against female side of the source if I recall correctly.

I've always thought Mat would end up fighting Demandred. With the Foxhead he can keep it to a pure physical contest unless Demandred has time to figure it out.

foxhead only helps against female side of the source if I recall correctly.

Nope, it stopped Saidin in Salidar when Ara'gar met him.

As far as stopping the TP, I don't know that it would, since he specifically asked for a way to be free of the One Power. I'm betting that any questions to RJ or BS on the subject have been RAFO'd.

Only Moridin/Ishy and Lanfear even knew who all three were and exactly what they looked like prior to KoD chptr 3.

Hell, Mat was right under and in front of Semirhage's nose for months and she had no idea. No doubt in my mind that she would of done something about him, if she had of known.

Mat has to save Caemlyn,deal with Olver,and retrieve the horn. He will arrive at the WT to retrieve the horn at the same time as Tuon arrives to conquer it. Then he will likely command the Seanchan armies in the last battle as Tuon's warder. Then he will have to deal with Egwene wanting to destroy them all. :seanchan:

Mat's arc could be an entire novel in itself. Sheesh this book needs to be HUGE !

Mat has to save Caemlyn,deal with Olver,and retrieve the horn. He will arrive at the WT to retrieve the horn at the same time as Tuon arrives to conquer it. Then he will likely command the Seanchan armies in the last battle as Tuon's husband and general. Then he will have to deal with Egwene wanting to destroy them all.

Mat's arc could be an entire novel in itself. Sheesh this book needs to be HUGE !

I'm starting to doubt we'll see the entire Seanchan vs Channelers storyline being resolved. RJ mentioned that some things wouldn't be resolved in the books & an empress that can actually channel would require at least 2 or 3 more books for it to be resolved realistically. Keep in mind that the Seanchan would rather overthrow and collar Tuon than accept her if it ever becomes known she can channel.

Since she probably doesn't know the bonding weave, obviously isn't in the position to learn (if anyone found out she'd end up collared), probably doesn't even want to learn, can't accept a bond from a damane (since the damane wouldn't bond anyone without permission of a sul'dam, who probably won't give permission to bond the husband of the empress), won't accept anything from a free marath damane (probably an Aes Sedai, although I have to admit I can't think of anyone in the tower or outside of the tower who'd actually bond Mat), I doubt we'll see it happen in the books. The best I can think of is that it'll happen in one of the outriggers, if they take place lots of years after Tarmon Gaidon.

Besides that, I agree with the quote. :)

Archived