DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I made up different *CATEGORIES* for ''Best WOT Moments'' - Like The Oscars!!!

The Fisher King

great thread this.

Best Romantic Moment:

none. they are all bland as each other.

Best ''One-On-One'' Confontation:

not many stellar to choose from but there can only be one since it has been fair and square. Galad vs Valda

Most Heroic Moment:

ingtar at falme. Never has been bettered ever since.

Coolest ''Loss of Temper''

Fain felt his smile become a snarl. Trying to kill al’Thor? Al’Thor was his! Al’Thor

would die by his hand, no other! Wait. The assassin had gotten past the Aiel, into

al’Thor’s rooms? "A Gray Man!" He did not recognize that grating sound as his own

voice. Gray Men meant the Chosen. Would he never be free of their interference?

All that rage had to go somewhere before he burst. Almost casually he brushed his hand

across the boy’s face. The boy’s eyes bulged; he began trembling so hard his teeth rattled.

how can you not love fain after that?

Best Battle

Dumai's wells. simply because the scale of that battle has never been reached again.

Best Death Scene

i would have said mat and avi but jordan brought them back to life which angered me so that does not count. That leaves nealsean death at the hands of the gholam.

Best Ending of a Book

gathering storm. i couldnt wait for TOM after that. shame TOM sucked ass.

Book dropping moment?

(it's a small ToM spoiler)

Near Avendesora and then Court of the Sun.

Coolest loss of temper:

"He's a Darkfriend, and a dead man."

Best Battle:

Gotta be Dumai's Wells.

Most Heroic moment:

Mat defending Elayne in ACOS for a promise he made. It edges out Ingtar because we hear Mat's thoughts in the scene. As soon as he saw Vanin was still alive, he immediately changed plans to help him escape. As soon as he saw Elayne was alive, all thoughts of escape fled his mind.

Best One-on-One confrontation:

Galad v. Valda

Nyneave v. Moghedien in TFOH in Tel'aran'rhiod

Most Romantic:

Not a strong point of WoT, but perhaps Gareth Bryne in TFOH pursuing Siuan, Leanne, and Min all the way to Salidar because of a pair of blue eyes.

Best Ending:

I've always liked "With the Choedan Kal"

or TFOH if you count the last 5 chapters or so as the 'ending' since a lot of badass stuff happened.

Best Death scene:

Could well be Fedwin Morr's in TPOD due to Min's reaction to Rand's non-reaction.

Book dropping moment?

(it's a small ToM spoiler)

Near Avendesora and then Court of the Sun.

Coolest loss of temper:

"He's a Darkfriend, and a dead man."

Best Battle:

Gotta be Dumai's Wells.

Most Heroic moment:

Mat defending Elayne in ACOS for a promise he made. It edges out Ingtar because we hear Mat's thoughts in the scene. As soon as he saw Vanin was still alive, he immediately changed plans to help him escape. As soon as he saw Elayne was alive, all thoughts of escape fled his mind.

Best One-on-One confrontation:

Galad v. Valda

Nyneave v. Moghedien in TFOH in Tel'aran'rhiod

Most Romantic:

Not a strong point of WoT, but perhaps Gareth Bryne in TFOH pursuing Siuan, Leanne, and Min all the way to Salidar because of a pair of blue eyes.

Best Ending:

I've always liked "With the Choedan Kal"

or TFOH if you count the last 5 chapters or so as the 'ending' since a lot of badass stuff happened.

Best Death scene:

Could well be Fedwin Morr's in TPOD due to Min's reaction to Rand's non-reaction.

Hey Sid!!!

2 Great Calls on your part!

1 ''He's a Darkfriend, and a dead man.'' = ARGUABLY my fave scene in entire series.

2 A Pair of Blue Eyes = GREAT and VERY underrated!

- Fish

Just finished a re-read of FoH, and I've gotta say my favorite romance is Rand and Aviendha, hands down. The book is my favorite of the series, probably heavily aided by their dynamics, and I'm not exactly a romance lover either haha. :avi: <3 :rand:

A fine thing. The High Lords of Tear sweated when Rand al'Thor looked at them, and the Cairhienin might offer him their throne. The greatest Aiel army the world had ever seen had crossed the Dragonwall on the orders of the Car'a'carn, the chief of chiefs. Nations trembled at the mention of the Dragon Reborn. Nations! And if he did not find his clothes, he would sit waiting on permission to go outside from a lot of women who thought they knew better about everything than he did.

Silly Avi sitting on his clothes.

Also the moment they have right before Skimming to Caemlyn, too long to quote.

Just finished a re-read of FoH, and I've gotta say my favorite romance is Rand and Aviendha, hands down. The book is my favorite of the series, probably heavily aided by their dynamics, and I'm not exactly a romance lover either haha. :avi: <3 :rand:

A fine thing. The High Lords of Tear sweated when Rand al'Thor looked at them, and the Cairhienin might offer him their throne. The greatest Aiel army the world had ever seen had crossed the Dragonwall on the orders of the Car'a'carn, the chief of chiefs. Nations trembled at the mention of the Dragon Reborn. Nations! And if he did not find his clothes, he would sit waiting on permission to go outside from a lot of women who thought they knew better about everything than he did.

Silly Avi sitting on his clothes.

Also the moment they have right before Skimming to Caemlyn, too long to quote.

Hi Twitchy...I really liked the Rand/Avi arc in FOH...I also REALLY liked the Mat and Tuon Courting in COT/KOD....Jordan's forte was NOT romances but these were two wonderful exceptions imho.

- Fish

This brief passage sums up perfectly so much about the series. I love it.

My picks are bolded. Skipped the first for lack of a preference among the given choices and not coming up with any alternatives.

Best Romantic Moment:

1 - Nynaeve and Lan's ''moment'' with the ring.

2 - Mat and Tuon's Wedding.

3 - Bryne and Suian.

1 Lan/Toram Raitin

2 Mat/Gawyn+Galad definitely

3 Nynaeve/Moggy

4 Valda/Damodred

5 Couladin/Cauthon

Most Heroic Moment:

1 Rand refusing (''When the sun turns green, baby'') to let go of Lan.

2 Mat literally BLOWING up the Stone to rescue the brats.

3 Mat rescuing Elayne from Gholam (Promises to keep. ''You can't bloody have her.'')

1 Thom: ''I have a man to kill first.''

2 Perrin moving that Aiel Chick with his bare hands.

3 Mat with the Sea Folk in ACOS.

Best Battle

1 Falme

2 The Wells

3 Emond's Field TIE

4 Malden

5 Mat's Seanchan Battle to allow Tuon to escape.

Best Death Scene

1 Mat and Avi's in Book 5

2 Mangin's in Book 7

3 Moiraine Damodred's in Book 5

4 The little girl in the Stone.

Best Ending of a Book

1 Book Three: Mat promising to hang in there and mentally already planning an escape.

2 Book Seven: Callandor wackiness.

3 Book Six: Dumai's Wells

• 3 weeks later...

Most romantic moment = Mat/Toun

Best duel = Mat Vs. The Gawayn and Galad

Best Battle = Mats campain in Knife of Dreams, ending with him covering for Toun

Best loss of Temper = Thom 'I have a man to kill first'

Most Heroic = Mat not killing that girl during his 10 on 1 knife fight even though she was going to kill him.

Most chilling moment = The Last That Could Be Done.

Best Death = Asmodean

Best Romantic Moment:

There is a decided lack of romance in these books, but for me has to be Lan/Nyn...mashiara :)

Contenders for this have to include Rand/Ishy (several times!), including their battle in the sky in Falme which I thought was awesome, Rand/Rahvin...RAAAHHHHHVVIIIIIN :P , but I feel that Galad/Valda was the greatest one on one fight as Galad doesn't even think he'll live, but he does what he has to and after he wins one of the greatest lines in the wheel of time comes up:

"He had thought he would feel satisfaction that his mother had been avenged, but all he felt was emptiness. Valda's death was not enough. Nothing except Morgase Trakand alive again could be enough."

Most Heroic Moment: Rand sheathing the sword at the end of tGH.

Coolest ''Loss of Temper'': "Come against me if you dare, Shai'tan!! I am the storm!!". Hands down. One of the reasons why I love tPoD so much.

Best Battle: Gotta be Dumai's Wells.

Best Death Scene:

Suprised noone has said this yet, but for me has to be Eben Hopwil. That dude jumped straight at Aran'gar when he could feel how strong she was channeling...although she was hot. Also, Fedwin Morr's descent to madness... One of the most touching scenes in tWoT imo.

• 3 weeks later...

Rand killing two warders, one with bare hands, in like 5 sec. max.

Best Battle

agree to Dumais wells (hard not to pick that one), though I wonder why nobody mentioned Ituralde so far. his campaign against the Seanchan was quitte impressive to.

Also, The battle of Samara (Shienarans, Thom, Jullien and Galad making way for the girls to the boat. Galad started a war because it was the right thing = epic) is one of my Favorites to. Certainly top 3.

Most Heroic Moment

The first Tinker turned Aiel, saving his sister. (IMO one of the best scenes in the entire series) though it's arguably heroic. It really choked me up.

Best Death Scene

-spoiler removed - ... you'll know when reading ToM :happy:

Best ''One-On-One'' Confontation

Toram vs Rand in the rebel camp.

Best Romantic Moment:

Siuan-Bryne

Best Battle

agree to Dumais wells (hard not to pick that one), though I wonder why nobody mentioned Ituralde so far. his campaign against the Seanchan was quitte impressive to.

Also, The battle of Samara (Shienarans, Thom, Jullien and Galad making way for the girls to the boat. Galad started a war because it was the right thing = epic) is one of my Favorites to. Certainly top 3.

Most Heroic Moment

The first Tinker turned Aiel, saving his sister. (IMO one of the best scenes in the entire series) though it's arguably heroic. It really choked me up.

Best Death Scene

the death of Masema

Toram vs Rand in the rebel camp.

Best Romantic Moment:

Siuan-Bryne

Some of those were not mentiond because they are spoilers buddy :wink:

Best Battle

Most Heroic Moment

Best Death Scene

- :rolleyes: -

Toram vs Rand in the rebel camp at Carhien.

Best Romantic Moment:

Siuan-Bryne

Some of those were not mentiond because they are spoilers buddy :wink:

oops, my bad. it's just one though -sorry for it anyway. Ituralde isn't a spoiler right? hes Seanchan campain goes way back.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived