DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Perrin's Arc

Luckers

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perrin killed those two Whitecloaks originally because they killed two wolves who were his friends. Could Ishy have instigated that, to provoke the WCs?

Possible, I suppose. No real evidence though, and the incident is already quite adequately explained. It's not like Whitecloaks need provoking anyway.

And notice once Perrin showed up, Byar started being a total tosser, even backtalking to Galad. He's always stank of zealotry, and it wouldn't have taken a whole lot of Compulsion to tip him over the edge. Hell, he'd probably have done it for fun anyway.

I def think Ituralde (Little Wolf) is the supposed Broken Wolf. Come on, Maradon would have finished off any other General, pretty much. And he is an inspiration and source of strength to so many. Shadow couldn't have foreseen Rand's interference, certainly not on that scale.

I love it how Perrin is now a stronger Dreamer than Egwene. I'd love to see Perrin meet a Wise One in TAR, that would be memorable.

Perrin is not a Dreamer, He is a Wolfbrother which gives him abilitys like a DreamWalker. he never has been a dreamer as far as i know.

Egwene didn't even thank Gawyn for saving her life, even though he's the love of her life and almost died defending her.

Oh please. Yes, she didn't literally say the words "thank" and "you" in succession, but Gawyn was bleeding to death and she was crying and panicked and disoriented after waking up to find a room full of corpses and burnt feathers. I think he probably preferred what she did do, which was bond him and tell him she loved him. And a short while later, she dismisses the notion that he'd disobeyed her by doing what he did and flat out saying, after he pointed out that technically he kinda had ignored her orders, that "ut instead, you saved my life" and adding a moment later "You did the right thing tonight..." If you want to try and spin that into ingratitude, be my guest, but it won't be accurate.

Mat is not the reborn king of Manetheren.

yes he is. He had memories of that before the Finns ever got their hands on him. screaming in old tongue in his surgery? constantly making references to the last stand? he is.

Those were the cries of the king's guard, IIRC..

Regarding Byar.

When we first meet him I never got the feeling of madness that rolls off him later. He's definitely creepy, and evil and wants Perrin to "escape" so he can be killed, but I never got the feeling of him being rabid the way he was later on.

I'm half wondering if he wasn't a "simple" Darkfriend earlier on in the series, and then Graendal Compulsed him, reinforcing that hatred of Perrin to the point of madness.

Regarding Byar.

When we first meet him I never got the feeling of madness that rolls off him later. He's definitely creepy, and evil and wants Perrin to "escape" so he can be killed, but I never got the feeling of him being rabid the way he was later on.

I'm half wondering if he wasn't a "simple" Darkfriend earlier on in the series, and then Graendal Compulsed him, reinforcing that hatred of Perrin to the point of madness.

Well look at it from Byars perpective. Here he is, this anal retentive asshole, one day after polishing his shoes their regular 16 times this yelloweyed madman jumps out of the bushes and kills two of his buddies. Buddies who were needed for the perfect 16 by 16 formation riding. Also, he scruffy.

Then he is ta’veren pulled into meeting this yelloweyed madman time and time again. And not only does the madman escape every bloody time, he keeps messing up Byars plans to bring law and order to the world.

Byar sees Perrin as some sort of unkillable cockroach. In the end he simply cracker.

Indeed. Mat was never Aemon, from all we know. He was likely however, the leader of the Heart Guard during the fall of Manetheren. Those memories are all his. :)

Wow. I had a total misconception then! Thanks for letting me know. But anyway

I got my book today after school and i am on chapter 6 I think. What is the Dark Prophecy Moridin showed Graendal? About how the Dark will end up killing Perrin? is this accurate? or at least explained later in the book?

Simple like yes or no would do but if you wana explain i wont complain :hopper:

It is the book's closing prophecy, Crael.

After you read the book, and it, it should make more sense. Some anyway, there is still debate as to what it means, or even if it is correct, Prophecy does not have to come true.

If you wish to read it go ahead, the stuff on the opposite page is utterly obvious for once.

It is the book's closing prophecy, Crael.

After you read the book, and it, it should make more sense. Some anyway, there is still debate as to what it means, or even if it is correct, Prophecy does not have to come true.

If you wish to read it go ahead, the stuff on the opposite page is utterly obvious for once.

Ahhh thats what I thought thanks so much.

Off to read now muahahaha :myrddraal:

The chapter of Perrin forging the Hammer with the aid of the power was one of the best ever! It makes me want to go and read more about Thor to understand the inspiration and relevance better; it's been ages since I read any Norse mythology.

Fortunately Perrins personality is nothing like Thors. Thor is arrogant, quick to anger and he will take up any challenge. Perrin might be a bit like Thor in battle in that he goes berserk and that he uses a hammer, but normal Perrin is nothing like Thor at all. Thor is a thunderstorm whereas Perrin is slow and deliberate.

The chapter of Perrin forging the Hammer with the aid of the power was one of the best ever! It makes me want to go and read more about Thor to understand the inspiration and relevance better; it's been ages since I read any Norse mythology.

Fortunately Perrins personality is nothing like Thors. Thor is arrogant, quick to anger and he will take up any challenge. Perrin might be a bit like Thor in battle in that he goes berserk and that he uses a hammer, but normal Perrin is nothing like Thor at all. Thor is a thunderstorm whereas Perrin is slow and deliberate.

Well, Perrin is not supposed to be Thor incarnated in this book.

One thing I thought about is loosing body-parts; Rand lost his arm, Mat lost his eye. After I read the book, I tought about it, and why Perrin hasn't lost any body parts, and that made me, jokingly, think his was gonna loose his hair or beard, maybe a leg... Leg! That's it! In the end of the book, don't exactly know when, I think after the ToG rescue, he was thinking about the sudden pain in his leg. It was very distant, like a shadow of a pain, but the leg had been healed.

Maybe he'll loose his leg? I don't know, maybe it's a bit farfetch'd but after becoming a member of Dragonmount, I've caught the famous theory-disease. :P

Well, Perrin is not supposed to be Thor incarnated in this book.

One thing I thought about is loosing body-parts; Rand lost his arm, Mat lost his eye. After I read the book, I tought about it, and why Perrin hasn't lost any body parts, and that made me, jokingly, think his was gonna loose his hair or beard, maybe a leg... Leg! That's it! In the end of the book, don't exactly know when, I think after the ToG rescue, he was thinking about the sudden pain in his leg. It was very distant, like a shadow of a pain, but the leg had been healed.

Maybe he'll loose his leg? I don't know, maybe it's a bit farfetch'd but after becoming a member of Dragonmount, I've caught the famous theory-disease. :P

He probably won´t lose the leg. He´ll just have a limp. Like Hephaestus.

Losing the leg would be a bit too... limiting. Mat lost his eye but he still has his luck to carry him through whatever. Rand can channel.

I'm a bit confused about how the Dreamspike works, and I don't have my book on me at the moment. AFAIK, it physically plants itself in the world of dreams when activated and prevents people within the dome in the real world to be able to Travel in or out of the dome. It also prevents individuals in T'A'R from being able to dream themselves out of the dome; however, the person can cross through the barrier (which drains the soul). Right?

Assuming this is all right, my confusion has to do with the barrier or dome that it creates. Specifically, how does it work when Perrin is able to run with it to the Tower? The dome is surrounding the White Tower, but did the individuals in the Tower physically pass through the dome walls as Perrin brought it within 4 leagues? Or does the dome not require "physically passing through it" when it is being held?

In other words, if I'm running with something that creates a dome-like wall around me, and I run near enough to you that you would touch the dome, would you immediately pass through it, or would you bounce off? Would passing through it do the same thing to you that it does to Perrin when he physically passes through it (ie. drain the soul and/or physically stress your body)?

Why was Perrin able to enter the White Tower with the dome without it effecting Egwene et al. physically as the dome reached them? Does this make sense?

Archived