DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Must.. Not.. Go.. To.. Spoiler Section.

Darkenmal

damn, I'm at the University of Michigan, and my earliest class is 10:00 3 times a week and 1:00 twice a week.

Funny that you talk about waking up early at 8am and you go to the University of Michigan. I had to wake up at 8:30 today to get to North Campus and I hate myself right now. I need coffee and I need ToM, but I probably won't get ToM til tomorrow or the next day :(((((((((((((

I have actually opened a few Spoiler threads. But I was able to resist right afterward! I do not know how, but just when I was about to start reading I suddenly found my mouse flying to the "close" button and pressing it! I am very glad I did, I did it once with The Gathering Storm and hated myself for doing so.

Don't give in! Resist at all costs!

P.S. Elend, you suck for getting the book already :angry: !

P.P.S. It's mine it is. And I wants it!!

P.P.P.S. I hate the wait! I can only imagine what AMoL will feel like.

I have actually opened a few Spoiler threads. But I was able to resist right afterward! I do not know how, but just when I was about to start reading I suddenly found my mouse flying to the "close" button and pressing it! I am very glad I did, I did it once with The Gathering Storm and hated myself for doing so.

Don't give in! Resist at all costs!

Agreed. That's how I found out about VERIN.

Our local WHS didn't have it..

Neither did the local Bookends.. (I wouldn't mind, but they had TGS last year :angry: )

So it was either head home, pick up car, drive to next town which has a Waterstones, or take the bus..

Bus stop was closer!

And Waterstones is a 5 min walk at the other end!

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. Relief.

Now to get it home.

Nuts. We need shopping. My warder needs clean shirts.

Finally started reading about mid-day.. have done 250 pages thus far.

Must.. not.. turn.. to.. last.. page...............

Must.. not.. turn.. to.. last.. page...............

Don't dare. By all accounts, it ends with a cliffhanger.

EDIT: just to clarify, I haven't read the book myself, and haven't read any avec-spoilers-reviews. I don't know how the book ends. This is just what I gather from the non-spoilerish reviews I did read.

I'm proud of myself this time, I didn't read a single spoiler other than the epilogue that someone posted on some site that I totally wasn't expecting... (grumble)

otherwise last year I found out that Verin died and 'was awesome' before I started reading, so it wasn't completely ruined, but still.

My take:

1. DO not go to the spoiler section, it truly isn't worth it if you haven't read the book yet.

2. I finished the book

3. I read over many, many pages of those spoilers

4. Most of those spoilers are in fact, not accurate or are twisted or are only part accurate. Clearly many who posted spoilers didn't "read" the book but skimmed through it as fast as they could and then came here posting stuff.

It is the very first book in a brand new series currently slated for a ten book completion. We shall see if BS is as capable of sticking to plans as RJ wasn't.

And how many books was WoT supposed to be? Originally a trilogy, with 3 more, right?, so 6 books becomes 14, a 10 book slating becomes 23 books. Well then we weould probably be set for life including writing time and reading them.

It is the very first book in a brand new series currently slated for a ten book completion. We shall see if BS is as capable of sticking to plans as RJ wasn't.

And how many books was WoT supposed to be? Originally a trilogy, with 3 more, right?, so 6 books becomes 14, a 10 book slating becomes 23 books. Well then we weould probably be set for life including writing time and reading them.

****NOTE SPOILERS if you haven't read the first like 4 books ********

I think I am safe to talk about events from early on though...

Not sure as I never read a quote from RJ on it but I have heard it was 6-8 originally. As-in one of those two, not one or the other. When I first started reading, had no idea about anything, was brand new to it and had not known of any fan sites I thought book three was the beginning of the end for Rand which actually didn't come to many, many books later. There is a scene somewhere...I think in book 3? where Perrin, Lan and Moraine are chasing Rand who is alone. He left by himself and was heading for Tear I think and it is around where Perrin met the travesty we all know as Faile. Anyways, Rand is met with some "merchants" in the woods at night who he kills. He slays a woman and props her up as if a show. That scene is very dark actually. He is like dancing or enjoying himself while the dead bodies are propped up around him and the one is a female who he had no problem killing. When I read that, I thought he was quickly slipping into madness and there were only a couple books at most left. Not knowing even how many books left at that time, as I had been buying them one at a time and already had the first one from my brother I had no idea how many books where in the series.

Later it changed and he started being all like Mat where he would never hurt a woman or at least couldn't let go of those he hurt. I never claimed it was a plot whole cause I couldn't remember if he cared for all women or only those on his side.

Anyways, back on track. I think it was planned for 6 but could have been 8. The Way of Kings is planned for 10 I think it says on BS's site. I like the books. I won't include spoilers and since I put it on temporary hold have only gotten to around page 300 myself. It is good but different. Not different like WoT but even beyond that. I think it would be like going from WoT to then reading about LoTrings and trying to imagine an elf or Orc or something and just feel like they are so different you're not even sure what they are. I suspect, based on BS's style though that he will be much more adept at sticking to the 10 book idea.

just had mail from my mum that the book has arrived - but it will be 6 weeks!!!!! before I get home - was worried that if I order the book here (Tajikistan) it will take so long to come that I would be going home before it came :-?

Anajon

Archived