DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You Can Now Make New Threads!

Luckers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there,

I've done a bit of catching up over the last few nights and still have a lot to do but I haven't noticed anything yet about the strangeness of Moridin (or whoever) going to the Aelfinn/Eelfinn.

If questions about the DO or "touching the Shadow" are punished severely by the snakes (and from ToG we know they are just as lethal as the foxes), why did they treat with Moridin when he came calling. Surely they would know he is connected to the Shadow. Why didn't they kill him? Or why did they let him take Lanfear? Or did he just tell them to kill her when he realised they had drained her power?

Not really a theory but I think it's odd and would like to know what you guys think. Point me in the right direction if there is already a thread for this - like I said, still have catching up to do.

can anyone help me please.

When TGS was released there was a link on DMount to the Q&A answers from the signings by Brandon, is there such a list this time? I have tried searching but I am probably just missing it!!

Any help greatly appreciated.

You may now request new threads, though I make no promises as to how quickly they will be opened.

Hello Luckers

I would like to start a therad about the Seanchan/Fortuna and their roll in MoL. I would also like to diskuss the contradictory prophecies about Rand and the Seanchan ( "he shall bind the nine moons to serve him" and that Rand must kneel before the Crystal Throne before the Last Battle.

Ronneby

Portal Stone Mayhem...

Trollocs have been breeding in the portal stone worlds. There are countless numbers of them.

Taim has been setting up other schools in portal stone worlds -- instant "black" Asha'man...

What about Tel' Aran' Rhiod built Ter' Angreal?

How many people can Rand 2.0 transport via portal stone at one time?

What would happen if he used himself up in the delivery of a group of people to a portal stone world such that his sacrifice lent that "possible world" probability, turning it essentially into the "pivotal" or real world?

Is there a portal stone in the blight?

What if the portal stones are actually the rocks of shayol ghul?

Two Birds, One Stone...

At least!

Discuss?

I'll create a Portal Stone thread.

Hey there,

I've done a bit of catching up over the last few nights and still have a lot to do but I haven't noticed anything yet about the strangeness of Moridin (or whoever) going to the Aelfinn/Eelfinn.

If questions about the DO or "touching the Shadow" are punished severely by the snakes (and from ToG we know they are just as lethal as the foxes), why did they treat with Moridin when he came calling. Surely they would know he is connected to the Shadow. Why didn't they kill him? Or why did they let him take Lanfear? Or did he just tell them to kill her when he realised they had drained her power?

Not really a theory but I think it's odd and would like to know what you guys think. Point me in the right direction if there is already a thread for this - like I said, still have catching up to do.

I'll create a general Eelfinn/Aelfinn thread.

When TGS was released there was a link on DMount to the Q&A answers from the signings by Brandon, is there such a list this time? I have tried searching but I am probably just missing it!!

I created that list last year, but haven't had time to do the same this year. I may yet do it--otherwise there is the Theoryland database. The Future Books section contains alot of the Q&A from the signing tour.

You may now request new threads, though I make no promises as to how quickly they will be opened.

Hello Luckers

I would like to start a therad about the Seanchan/Fortuna and their roll in MoL. I would also like to diskuss the contradictory prophecies about Rand and the Seanchan ( "he shall bind the nine moons to serve him" and that Rand must kneel before the Crystal Throne before the Last Battle.

Ronneby

There is already a thread on the Seanchan.

I created that list last year, but haven't had time to do the same this year. I may yet do it--otherwise there is the Theoryland database. The Future Books section contains alot of the Q&A from the signing tour.

Many thanks luckers. I didn't realise that you had collated the list last year, just to let you know I really enjoyed reading it and appreciate your effort in putting it together. Thank-you.

Luckers, how about another poll?

Q: If Brandon and Harriet decide that AMOL has to be split into 2 volumes (which BS hasn't ruled out but has said 'is very unlikely') would you:

1. Suspect Tor of intervening to maximising their profits?

2. Be happy there would now be 2 lovely WOT books to come in which all those loose ends could be properly addressed?

3. Just give up, join the Black Ajah and refuse to think about WOT ever again?

4. HEADDESK in a 'Leigh Butler rereading Gawyn stylee' insisting you cannot take any more waiting before reading the fabled RJ 'last scene'? But wait anyway.

Can we get a thread about differences in the VOG Dragonmount scene and Perrin's view of that scene in TOM.

I think Perrin's view of Rand's internal struggle may reveal clues about Darth Rand and Min's view of him merging with another man.

Can you start a thread to discuss how much this forum sucks because we can't start new threads?

No, because you can start new threads. You just have to get it OK'd first by the.... Admins and Moderators, and they will either open it for you or direct you to where you can discuss what you want.

Aight. I'm opening the board on Monday (my time--so probably sunday US). That's provided I don't mess things up and destroy all existance. Fingers crossed, eh?

Can you start a thread to discuss how much this forum sucks because we can't start new threads?

Nope. You aren't by chance from RAFO are you? Those people amuse me deeply.

Luckers, what are the chances you could start a poll, people who would prefer two books over one for AMoL, especially after all the plot threads left dangling in ToM...

Also, good to see you running the show.

*back to lurking, and watching.*

OMG. DUDE! Welcome back! Please come play with us more.

Can't believe no one's mentioned this yet: (if I missed it, I'm sorry, please ignore) The revelations of Aviendha in Rhuidean about the future after the Last Battle.

There is a thread on this already.

Search isn't working for me for some reason. Is there a thread on the title of the book/the Towers of Midnight in Seanchen? Specifically, I want to know if theres a reference anywhere to any of the physical Towers of Midnight falling when Forsaken die.

There aren't.

Luckers

In ToM prologue Graendal reveals her True Power access. HOWEVER. She mistakes it as a gift from Moridin, and then corrects herself that it was the Dark Ones gift, stating to herself that its a bad idea to get mixed up between the two.

I think there are heavy implications going on here. But in truth, I havent read the full book yet so I dont know if theres any more on that front yet. But... is there a thread for us to discuss that kind of thing in, or could we get a new one?

Archived