DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You Can Now Make New Threads!

Luckers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like a thread opened to discuss theories on the prophecies at the end of the book. I guess in the full book discussion there are some post, but it seems way too over crowded with multiple topics. I would like to read specifically about the shadow prophecy at the end of the book. Thank you for your time considering this.

I'll create a Prophecy thread.

Two requests:

1) One for the Epilogue on its own if possible. There's a metric ton of material in it and I believe it deserves its own thread for discussion since the full book discussion thread tends to be unfocused.

2) An Asmo's Killer thread, explaining how it's shown in both the book and the glossary. A lot of people don't seem to realize it wasn't just thrown into the glossary and was actually revealed twice in the main book itself. I can even type up the post myself and send it in a PM so you don't have to. Full Spoilers obviously.

Epilogue yes, Asmo... not yet. There's nothing to discuss beyond pointing out the citations, and people who are confused can use the Question thread. If it gets brought up too often there I'll revisit it.

I'd like to second or third the Asmo thread... its not that I really want to discuss who killed him, but more the why and how.

I've created some new threads based on this. For the rest.

I see several requests about Moiraine threads but I request a thread about how Lanfear and Moiraine lose power. There were many theories about this beforehand. Also about the sangreal she received. Was that Lanfears, a powerful mising one or a new one she wished for?

This can go in either the Moiraine or Cyndane threads. Take your pick.

Could we have a thread on a darkside character who gets mentioned a lot in Mat's thread and about whose 'actions' there is some doubt? Probably full spoilers.

I don't know who this is. Reply with [spoiler ] tags [/spoiler ] (remove space).

Can't you make a special sub forum for discussing the book accessible only to those who join a posting group. Even the most basic of forum have this option

Cause while this is not that much of an active forum it's still really shitty to have to go through dozen of pages and be limited to already open threads. I much prefer a more dynamic and open community

Nah. Sorry. Around the release our activity is too high for anything but the locked board. If I may suggest the Theoryland or 13thDepo forums might be what you are looking for.

I'd like to request a thread discussing how Rand has been granted use of the True Power (in the last book), and the ramifications of this.

Thanks,

PMZ

This isn't really a new issue, and I'd prefer not to clutter the spoiler board now. Are there specific things from ToM that you wish to discuss in relation to this? If not it would do better on the General board. If so, reply with generalized directions, or specific references hidden by spoiler tags and I will reconsider.

Would like to discuss how Berelain knows Rand's is kin with Galad Damodred. The only time it has spoken of is when the WO told it to Rand outside of Rhuidean. Is this a mistake from Sanderson/Jordan or am I missing something?

Really? She knew that? I missed it. Mistake or not, this belongs in the Typos/Errata or Ask A Simple Question thread.

A poll to see if Hopper should be a hero of the horn. I feel this is highly important and relevant. I will resort to begging for this so beware.

Artur Hawkwing rode down the fog on the back of his trusty steed, Hopper. "What are you looking at, bannerman?" he snapped at Perrin, before drawing Justice and charging Shayol Goul.

:D Sorry.

Just wondering, when can we start our own threads? This is getting a little ridiculous, and makes me just want to start using my TheoryLand account so I can just post without being limited to 16 'blanket-spoiler' threads.

How long do we have to have our hand held for this?

At least a month more. Possibly longer. I'll run it by ear based on traffic, much like last year.

Someone should make a list of confirmed/denied darkfriends, several theories were proven correct or incorrect with Rand's new power.

Linda has done so over at the 13th Depository.

Re: 'Could we have a thread on a darkside character who gets mentioned a lot in Mat's thread and about whose 'actions' there is some doubt? Probably full spoilers.'

It's

the gholam,

who

fell off a skimming platform,

but the problem is

that as a construct it should not even have lived that long.

hope that worked..

Maybe a good thread would be about Rand and his movements in this book. It seems to be possible thru circumstantial evidence to figure out what he was up to when he was offscreen. For example Min places him in Andor for three days after leaving the White Tower and before getting to Tear. Do people think he was in the black tower? Also throughout the book there are random patches of sunlight that may be an indication of Rands movements.

Hey, I thought it would be good to get a thread speculating about Logain.

where is he, what has he been up to and whatnot. There's not much to dig up, but different people might have some clues/ideas

thanks

I'd like to have a topic on how Brandon's gonna finish this up in one more volume. Now let me preface this by saying I really enjoyed TGS and TOM, but even at Brandon's breakneck pace I'm skeptical that this can be finished satisfactorily in one book, especially since the whole Black Tower plot line, Demandred, and war with the Seanchan have been pushed back to the next book. Plus there's that new Lanfear plot line that popped up in the epilogue, and Graendal and Moghedien are still around. Maybe Sanderson can do it, but the book will have to be as thick as A Way of Kings.

One more book my ass, it would have taken Jordan 5 if he'd lived.

Can we have a thread about the Seanchan? I want to talk about Tuon's viewpoint and discuss how her thoughts in ToM is totally incompatible with other Seanchan viewpoints in previous novels. For instance, the Seanchan army was shocked to hear that Suroth planned assassination of Tuon and how the Seanchan people are very devoted to the long life of an Empress and yet in this ToM, Tuon says such thoughts of assassinating the Empress are normal and in fact encouraged. What gives?

Can we have a thread about the Seanchan? I want to talk about Tuon's viewpoint and discuss how her thoughts in ToM is totally incompatible with other Seanchan viewpoints in previous novels. For instance, the Seanchan army was shocked to hear that Suroth planned assassination of Tuon and how the Seanchan people are very devoted to the long life of an Empress and yet in this ToM, Tuon says such thoughts of assassinating the Empress are normal and in fact encouraged. What gives?

Yeah, hi! I'm new!!

I'd like a Seanchan thread as well. Really surprised at how much dislike for them exists. would like to discuss....

Can we get a thread dedicated to the various armies? In this thread we can discuss things like chain of command of the various forces, the size of the various armies, the nations represented, how the army is made up (calvary, infantry, pike etc). This thread could also include discussion of how many people actually live in Randland.

I think that there are some seriously inconsistent numbers involved throughout the series, and would like one place to discuss them.

Archived