DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You Can Now Make New Threads!

Luckers

Note: We will not be creating new threads till after the release--when this thread gets unlocked you will know you can request them.

The Spoiler Board has been locked so that only Admins and Moderators can make new posts. I know this is a pain, but the reason is to stop spoilers in thread titles and repeated posts, both of which were a major problem last year on the non-spoiler board (the threads on Rand's sword nearly drove me insane). That fact is, simply, that our traffic gets so high around the release this is needed to grant the board any form of readability.

So to request new threads, simply post your request in this thread.

A few rules and pointers.

1. Please be clear on where you want the spoilers to be cut off at.

2. Please be considerate in phrasing your request even within this thread. During the Pre-release there will be people who might have read the prologue but not chapter one (should Tor release it). Therefore instead of going 'Can we discuss the part where Demandred turns out to be Elayne in chapter one', phrase it simple 'Could we have a thread on Demandred with spoilers up to chapter one'.

3. Have a look through what has already been requested. If the staff have said no to a thread we'll have a reason, abide that unless you have a very good (read: specific) argument as to why we should reconsider--and if that involves spoilers, PM the staff who responded. If the staff haven't responded to a thread request in at least two days feel free to prompt us again--we're human and we miss things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like a thread opened to discuss theories on the prophecies at the end of the book. I guess in the full book discussion there are some post, but it seems way too over crowded with multiple topics. I would like to read specifically about the shadow prophecy at the end of the book. Thank you for your time considering this.

Two requests:

1) One for the Epilogue on its own if possible. There's a metric ton of material in it and I believe it deserves its own thread for discussion since the full book discussion thread tends to be unfocused.

2) An Asmo's Killer thread, explaining how it's shown in both the book and the glossary. A lot of people don't seem to realize it wasn't just thrown into the glossary and was actually revealed twice in the main book itself. I can even type up the post myself and send it in a PM so you don't have to. Full Spoilers obviously.

I would like a thread opened to discuss theories on the prophecies at the end of the book. I guess in the full book discussion there are some post, but it seems way too over crowded with multiple topics. I would like to read specifically about the shadow prophecy at the end of the book. Thank you for your time considering this.

I'll create a Prophecy thread.

Two requests:

1) One for the Epilogue on its own if possible. There's a metric ton of material in it and I believe it deserves its own thread for discussion since the full book discussion thread tends to be unfocused.

2) An Asmo's Killer thread, explaining how it's shown in both the book and the glossary. A lot of people don't seem to realize it wasn't just thrown into the glossary and was actually revealed twice in the main book itself. I can even type up the post myself and send it in a PM so you don't have to. Full Spoilers obviously.

Epilogue yes, Asmo... not yet. There's nothing to discuss beyond pointing out the citations, and people who are confused can use the Question thread. If it gets brought up too often there I'll revisit it.

I would like for a discussion on what we think of Nynaeve's developments in this book. I'd like people to discuss what they feel about Nynaeve going back to the Tower and being influenced by Egwene/the Aes Sedai again, her testing in being Aes Sedai, healing the madness from the Taint, confirmation that she WILL be one of the two women linked to Rand (perhaps Moiraine is the other), and also the somewhat surprising fact that she's one of the handful of people that Rand loves and trusts the most (Egwene didn't even make the list, though Moiraine did and Mat and Perrin).

Forsaken thread, please.

Not sure if my request would fall within Epilogue, or Forsaken, but I think the Cyndane/Lanfear issue needs a place to be discussed, with regards to "really in trouble" or "trap for Rand".

I cosign on this one, as well as on discussing Rand's reaction to her.

Luckers, can we get a topic to discuss inconsistencies in the book (full spoilers)? I already have a few suspicions:

a) Both Morgase and Wil heard Perrin when Masuri's reportedly erected a ward

b) Elayne HERSELF referred to the civil war as a succession war, when she was adamant it wasn't a succession unless one House succeeded another in KoD. BTW Thom did that as well, and I believe him equally unlikely to make that mistake.

c) There was something off in Elayne's timeline, I think, though I can't put my finger on it. She was aligned with Mat at the beginning, yet when Gawyn arrived at Caemlyn she was aligned with Egwene, plus there was her meeting with Egwene in the Dream World which I don't know how to fit in.

Forsaken thread, please.

Aight.

Forsaken thread, please.

Not sure if my request would fall within Epilogue, or Forsaken, but I think the Cyndane/Lanfear issue needs a place to be discussed, with regards to "really in trouble" or "trap for Rand".

I'd probably suggest the Epiclogue thread. We will expand in time and probably create a thread for that, but not just yet.

I would like for a discussion on what we think of Nynaeve's developments in this book. I'd like people to discuss what they feel about Nynaeve going back to the Tower and being influenced by Egwene/the Aes Sedai again, her testing in being Aes Sedai, healing the madness from the Taint, confirmation that she WILL be one of the two women linked to Rand (perhaps Moiraine is the other), and also the somewhat surprising fact that she's one of the handful of people that Rand loves and trusts the most (Egwene didn't even make the list, though Moiraine did and Mat and Perrin).

Aight.

Luckers, can we get a topic to discuss inconsistencies in the book (full spoilers)? I already have a few suspicions:

a) Both Morgase and Wil heard Perrin when Masuri's reportedly erected a ward

b) Elayne HERSELF referred to the civil war as a succession war, when she was adamant it wasn't a succession unless one House succeeded another in KoD. BTW Thom did that as well, and I believe him equally unlikely to make that mistake.

c) There was something off in Elayne's timeline, I think, though I can't put my finger on it. She was aligned with Mat at the beginning, yet when Gawyn arrived at Caemlyn she was aligned with Egwene, plus there was her meeting with Egwene in the Dream World which I don't know how to fit in.

Pop it in the Typo's/Errata thread. We can expand that to include this.

Hi Luckers, is it possible to get a thread on Moriannes character and her involvment with how she will help to save the world?

Mat's Finn conversation about how how he will give up half the light of the world in order to save it...

Thanks

I see several requests about Moiraine threads but I request a thread about how Lanfear and Moiraine lose power. There were many theories about this beforehand. Also about the sangreal she received. Was that Lanfears, a powerful mising one or a new one she wished for?

Can't you make a special sub forum for discussing the book accessible only to those who join a posting group. Even the most basic of forum have this option

Cause while this is not that much of an active forum it's still really shitty to have to go through dozen of pages and be limited to already open threads. I much prefer a more dynamic and open community

Can we have a thread opened to discuss the woman met in the waste during Aviendha's arc, Nakomi? I would like to discuss the possibility of her being Jenn Aiel and a possible plot involving Aviendha, Nakomi, and the return to the way of the leaf for the Aiel people. Perhaps even the rediscovery of the song. I think that Nakomi's passiveness, discreteness, her sense of duty to care for "nature," and her proximity to Rhuidean all show signs of the Jenn Aiel surviving and tons of possible connections. Nakomi wasn't introduced in ToM merely to aid Aviendha in contemplation before her test, and she definitely has a larger role to play, or we will at least see her again. I think it is important to discuss her.

Archived